Home

Marc's slider set : a random French guy trying to get realistic games and stats.

This is a discussion on Marc's slider set : a random French guy trying to get realistic games and stats. within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-15-2018, 06:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Marc's slider set : a random French guy trying to get realistic games and stats.

Introduction :

These sliders have been made during an offline franchise with the Packers, a pretty much average team in the NFL last year. I managed to get realistic stats during the season : average scores, average passing yards, average running yards, average pass attempts and rush attempts.

I'd love to get your feedback, but don't be rude. I know I can't speak decent English, I'm French and I never had the chance to learn this language. Still, I'm trying to do my best to help the communtity, so please forgive me about it.

A note on difficulty : Pro difficulty might feel low for you guys. With that being said, keep in mind that pro difficulty reduces CPU « momentum » and cheesy plays from it. The difficulty lies in the sliders themselves. I've been playing Madden for 12 years now, I'm pretty average, and it works fine.

Difficulty : pro.

Quarter lenght : 13 mins
Accelerated clock : 18 secs
Game speed : slow.
Speed threshold : 25

CPU

QB accuracy : 50

Good value to get some good throws and some random unaccurate throws. You can mess with it quite a bit if you want to. With the other sliders of this set, CPU QB gets approx. an average of 55 – 65% completed pass per game.

Pass Blocking : 55

This value in pro difficulty is great at 55. I manage to get an average of 3-5 sacks per game with a quite good D-Line. Cpu QB has time to pass when facing covers, but still is vulnurable to pass rush / blitzes. Still, for a reason I can't explain, Cover 2 doesn't really work agains't CPU Qbs. They almost always end up reaching the gaps outside the midfield, resulting in huge gains. This might be explained by the Packers Dbs ( Alexander and Jackson ), they are better in man coverage. Caution with this, decrease it 1 by 1. For example, if I set pass blocking to 48, I can get 3 more sacks per game.

WR catching : 50

Great variety with this slider set on 50 : some drops in traffic, but most of the time it's caught by good receivers.

Run Blocking : 100

This might feel high, but it's great with pro difficulty. Cpu can run the ball, and often hits the 120-140 rushing yards gains per game, including QB rushes and sub HB rushes. Pretty much average in the NFL. If the CPU struggles agains't you, simply reduce the tackling slider for the Player.

Fumbles : 50

Why 0 for the player and 50 for CPU ? Because with Ea's momentum, you'll end up to fumble because the CPU want it to. If you want the CPU to fumble sometimes, you have to set this to 50. Otherwise, turnovers/g aren't equal between CPU and Player.

Pass defense reaction time : 58

Even in pro difficulty, you'll rarely throw open passes with this set to 58 agains't good teams. Just like IRL. You can tweak this if it's too hard or too easy for you to throw the ball.

Interceptions : 25

Personnal taste to be honnest. I lowered it because I'm not a beast at this game and I ended up throwing too much interceptions, I wanted to keep it realistic. This one is up to you according to your play style.

Pass coverage : 70

See the Pass defense reaction time slider for further informations.

Tackling : 49

In pro difficulty, if you lower this slider, you'll end up to breach through the defense breaking mulitple takles to get 70 yards touchedown with a HB dive. I tried 48, I ran 125 yards with Montgomery. At 49, 84 yards.

PLAYER

Qb accuracy : 25

It's up to you, but I feel like it's a good spot to feel the difference between random Qbs and Superstar Ones. For example, with this, I've been taken off by the Rams in playoffs because Rodgers got his ribs broken the game before. Kizer ended up the game with 45% completions and 175 yards gained when Rodgers scores 250+ pass yards/game. Yes, it was frustrating to see open throws going nowhere, but that's how I manage to get realistic stats passing the ball.

Pass Blocking : 35

It's still a work in progress. I do conceed a lot of sacks ( 5 sacks/g ) with the slider set on 30, but I'm not a good passer and I sometime struggle to read the field ( No, I'm not Hundley IRL ), considering how high is CPU coverage. I really stick to the ball way too long sometime, so, I'm a little condused on this slider atm. To be honnest, If you get the slider higher, you won't ever be threatened by the O-line you're facing.

WR catching : 45

If you go higher than this in Pro difficulty, your WRs will turn off to be Donald Driver on every catch. At 45, stats matter, a good one will catch most throws, bad ones will drop the ball in trafic and even sometime in an openfield. In my previous version of this set, I tried it at 33, but half catchs were droped.

Run blocking : 28

Run blocking works with the CPU tackling slider to adjust how much yards you can gain in a game running the ball. The run blocking slider is very responsive, so don't mess around with it too much. I've set it up to 28 in order to get a realistic amount of yards gained per game. Sometime your O-line will get crushed, sometime it will hold on, I feel it's good at it is if you don't cheese the CPU. I get arround 120- 140 rush yards gained per game, pretty much average in real NFL. Verry responsive slider, careful here.

Fumbles : 0

Realistic number of fumbles with this slider set at zero.

Pass defense reaction time : 25

25 is a good value, it enables to defend the pass, still the CPU QB can find gaps if you run the wrong defense. Good animations at 25, if you go higher, your DB's turn off to be Flash.

Interceptions : 30

Still a work in progress here. I got A LOT of interceptions, but according to me, it's because my Db's are meant to int. I mean, Alexander and Jackson are fast and can stick easily to Wr's. Considering this, I do run a lot of man coverage on my Db's, wich lead to a bigger amount of ints. I may consider lowering it a bit.

Pass coverage : 20

Same as Pass defense reaction time.

Tackling : 25

I've read a lot of sliders thread that set tackling to zero. It feels organic, yeah, but the downside is that it enhances the CPU « momentum ». I've litteraly seen Lions' HB Blunt breaking off 11 takles ( I mean, 11 takles, for real ) in order to get a 70 yards touchdown at the end of the game. You can mess with this slider a bit, but don't go too crazy with it or you'll get very weird CPU plays from time to time. Plus, I noticed A LOT of collision bugs with the tackling set to 0.

Special Teams

FG power : 50
Fg accuracy : 45
Punt power : 45
Punt accuracy : 75
Kickoff power : 46

Penalties :

Offside : 60
False start : 60
Holding : 57
Defensive holding : 90
Face mask : 45
Defensive pass interference : 99
Illegal block : 51
Roughing the passer : 50

Other penalties : « On ».

Keep in mind that you've got to play smart ( why would you go ISO agains't a blitz ? ) and real for this slider set to work. Don't use cheesy plays you can find on YouTube, don't go crazy on audibles, stay true to the game. Don't only test this slider set on a quarter or a half of a game. I went from 21-3 agains't the Rams at half time, feeling it was going to be a wreck-fest, to 24 – 21 at the end of the 4th.

Considering the score after 17 weeks of regular season, I got 280 pass yards per game and 140 rushing yards per game. My average score per game is 28.4. It's really close to the NFL standings.

Looking forward reading your feedbacks, I'll try to update the sliders according to my game experience and your feedbacks. Sorry again for my English.

Here is an example : conference final agains't the Rams : a meeting between the two best defense in the 2018-2019 regular season !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbx0n5cdKXk
Marc.

Last edited by Mamba76; 08-17-2018 at 04:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2018, 08:40 PM   #2
MVP

HC0023's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Marc's slider set : a random French guy trying to get realistic games and stats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamba76
Introduction :

These sliders have been made during an offline franchise with the Packers, a pretty much average team in the NFL last year. I managed to get realistic stats during the season : average scores, average passing yards, average running yards, average pass attempts and rush attempts.

I'd love to get your feedback, but don't be rude. I know I can't speak decent English, I'm French and I never had the chance to learn this language. Still, I'm trying to do my best to help the communtity, so please forgive me about it.

A note on difficulty : Pro difficulty might feel low for you guys. With that being said, keep in mind that pro difficulty reduces CPU « momentum » and cheesy plays from it. The difficulty lies in the sliders themselves. I've been playing Madden for 12 years now, I'm pretty average, and it works fine.

Difficulty : pro. Quarter lenght : 13 mins, 18 seconds acc clock
Game speed : slow.
CPU

QB accuracy : 50

Good value to get some good throws and some random unaccurate throws. You can mess with it quite a bit if you want to. With the other sliders of this set, CPU QB gets approx. an average of 55 – 65% completed pass per game.

Pass Blocking : 55

This value in pro difficulty is great at 55. I manage to get an average of 3-5 sacks per game with a quite good D-Line. Cpu QB has time to pass when facing covers, but still is vulnurable to pass rush / blitzes. Still, for a reason I can't explain, Cover 2 doesn't really work agains't CPU Qbs. They almost always end up reaching the gaps outside the midfield, resulting in huge gains. This might be explained by the Packers Dbs ( Alexander and Jackson ), they are better in man coverage. Caution with this, decrease it 1 by 1. For example, if I set pass blocking to 48, I can get 3 more sacks per game.

WR catching : 50

Great variety with this slider set on 50 : some drops in traffic, but most of the time it's caught by good receivers.

Run Blocking : 100

This might feel high, but it's great with pro difficulty. Cpu can run the ball, and often hits the 120-140 rushing yards gains per game, including QB rushes and sub HB rushes. Pretty much average in the NFL. If the CPU struggles agains't you, simply reduce the tackling slider for the Player.

Fumbles : 50

Why 0 for the player and 50 for CPU ? Because with Ea's momentum, you'll end up to fumble because the CPU want it to. If you want the CPU to fumble sometimes, you have to set this to 50. Otherwise, turnovers/g aren't equal between CPU and Player.

Pass defense reaction time : 58

Even in pro difficulty, you'll rarely throw open passes with this set to 58 agains't good teams. Just like IRL. You can tweak this it's too hard or too easy for you to throw the ball.

Interceptions : 25

Personnal taste to be honnest. I lowered it because I'm not a beast at this game and I ended up throwing too much interceptions, I wanted to keep it realistic. This one is up to you according to your play style.

Pass coverage : 70

See the Pass defense reaction time slider for further informations.

Tackling : 49

In pro difficulty, if you lower this slider, you'll end up to breach through the defense breaking mulitple takles to get 70 yards touchedown with a HB dive. I tried 48, I ran 125 yards with Montgomery. At 49, 84 yards.

PLAYER

Qb accuracy : 25

It's up to you, but I feel like it's a good spot to feel the difference between random Qbs and Superstar Ones. For example, with this, I've been taken off by the Rams in playoffs because Rodgers got his ribs broken the game before. Kizer ended up the game with 45% completions and 175 yards gained when Rodgers scores 250+ pass yards/game. Yes, it was frustrating to see open throws going nowhere, but that's how I manage to get realistic stats passing the ball.

Pass Blocking : 35

It's still a work in progress. I do conceed a lot of sacks ( 5 sacks/g ) with the slider set on 30, but I'm not a good passer and I sometime struggle to read the field ( No, I'm not Hundley IRL ), considering how high is CPU coverage. I really stick to the ball way too long sometime, so, I'm a little condused on this slider atm. To be honnest, If you get the slider higher, you won't ever be threatened by the O-line you're facing.

WR catching : 33

If you go higher than this in Pro difficulty, your WRs will turn off to be Donald Driver on every catch. At 33, stats matter, a good one will catch most throws, bad ones will drop the ball in trafic and even sometime in an openfield.

Run blocking : 27

Run blocking works with the CPU tackling slider to adjust how much yards you can gain in a game running the ball. The run blocking slider is very responsive, so don't mess around with it too much. I've set it up to 27 in order to get a realistic amount of yards gained per game. Sometime your O-line will get crushed, sometime it will hold on, I feel it's good at it is if you don't cheese the CPU. I get arround 120- 140 rush yards gained per game, pretty much average in real NFL.

Fumbles : 0

Realistic number of fumbles with this slider set at zero.

Pass defense reaction time : 25

25 is a good value, it enables to defend the pass, still the CPU QB can find gaps if you run the wrong defense. Good animations at 25, if you go higher, your DB's turn off to be Flash.

Interceptions : 30

Still a work in progress here. I got A LOT of interceptions, but according to me, it's because my Db's are meant to int. I mean, Alexander and Jackson are fast and can stick easily to Wr's. Considering this, I do run a lot of man coverage on my Db's, wich lead to a bigger amount of ints. I may consider lowering it a bit.

Pass coverage : 20

Same as Pass defense reaction time.

Tackling : 25

I've read a lot of sliders thread that set tackling to zero. It feels organic, yeah, but the downside is that it enhances the CPU « momentum ». I've litteraly seen Lions' HB Blunt breaking off 11 takles ( I mean, 11 takles, for real ) in order to get a 70 yards touchdown at the end of the game. You can mess with this slider a bit, but don't go too crazy with it or you'll get very weird CPU plays from time to time. Plus, I noticed A LOT of collision bugs with the tackling set to 0.

Special Teams

FG power : 50
Fg accuracy : 45
Punt power : 45
Punt accuracy : 75
Kickoff power : 46

Penalties :

Offside : 60
False start : 60
Holding : 57
Defensive holding : 90
Face mask : 45
Defensive pass interference : 99
Illegal block : 51
Roughing the passer : 50

Other penalties : « On ».

Keep in mind that you've got to play smart ( why would you go ISO agains't a blitz ? ) and real for this slider set to work. Don't use cheesy plays you can find on YouTube, don't go crazy on audibles, stay true to the game. Don't only test this slider set on a quarter or a half of a game. I went from 21-3 agains't the Rams at half time, feeling it was going to be a wreck-fest, to 24 – 21 at the end of the 4th.

Considering the score after 17 weeks of regular season, I got 280 pass yards per game and 140 rushing yards per game. My average score per game is 28.4. It's really close to the NFL standings.

Looking forward reading your feedbacks, I'll try to update the sliders according to my game experience and your feedbacks. Sorry again for my English.

Marc.
Welcome and good luck with your set .
Old 08-16-2018, 05:15 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: Marc's slider set : a random French guy trying to get realistic games and stats.

Thanks @HC0023.

Has anyone tested this set ?

To be honnest, it's hard testing sliders. With the exact same values, you can run for 140 yards vs the Rams and being shut down below the 30 rushing yards agains't the Browns. Moreover, some games are meant to be "easy", some other games are meant to be "hard", it's hard to get consistent data to improve sliders. Madden things I guess. Still, I got decent average stats by the end of the season.

Last edited by Mamba76; 08-16-2018 at 06:40 AM.
Old 08-16-2018, 09:44 AM   #4
Rookie

Update : full game agains't the Rams in playoffs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbx0n5cdKXk
Old 08-16-2018, 10:44 PM   #5
Rookie

Speed Threshold?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2018, 11:29 PM   #6
Rookie

will try your set and see how it goes keep doing what you do and don't worry about what anyone else says or think

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-17-2018, 04:32 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog Frank
Speed Threshold?
Hello, I've set it on 25 !
Old 08-17-2018, 04:33 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by answer215
will try your set and see how it goes keep doing what you do and don't worry about what anyone else says or think

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Great ! Let me know when it's done !

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »