Home

NBA Live 19: Official WNBA Thread

This is a discussion on NBA Live 19: Official WNBA Thread within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-13-2018, 06:05 PM   #1
Rookie

Killuminati's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA Live 19: Official WNBA Thread

There is clearly a lot of excitement for the WNBA in NBA Live so why don't we consolidate all of our thoughts, feedback, and wish list into one thread? This will make it easier to keep the WNBA the main topic of the discussion and not just bits of conversation here and there in the NBA topics

At this point, we do not have much information on what has been added to the WNBA side of things, but once more info becomes available, feel free to use this thread to discuss suggestions for improvements to the modes

Of course, most of the WNBA fan base is wanting a Franchise mode. This would be a dream come true. However, the ability to edit rosters, make trades, and save custom rosters for the WNBA would be enough for me. Possibly adding created players to the WNBA teams would be awesome too.

I'll even go as far to say that the ability to get the WNBA players on an NBA team would be pretty cool, to run a Co-ed franchise. It's not realistic at all but it would be fun for a video game.

Fellow WNBA fans, let's keep this thread active to show EA sports that there is a lot of excitement with the WNBA teams amongst the community, and we want more freedom to truly enjoy the league's inclusion in the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2018, 07:41 PM   #2
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

Re: NBA Live 19: Official WNBA Thread

I'm a WNBA fan, can't wait for the playoffs to start, go Atlanta Dream!
The main thing I want them to improve on the WNBA side this year are the player scans, the majority of the women look horrible, nothing like they do in real life, until they improve the wnba player scans I won't spend much time playing with them, I was pissed off to see one the hottest looking and best players (Skylar Diggens) look nothing like shes does in real life, this goes for several players. It's disrespectful how they did the females in Live 18.

Oh and they need to fix Tiffany Hayes, she is one of the best ball handlers and probably the fastest player in the wnba, in Live 18 she has only average speed and bad ball handling and they have her at the SF position instead of pg.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:57 PM   #3
Rookie

Killuminati's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team
I'm a WNBA fan, can't wait for the playoffs to start, go Atlanta Dream!
The main thing I want them to improve on the WNBA side this year are the player scans, the majority of the women look horrible, nothing like they do in real life, until they improve the wnba player scans I won't spend much time playing with them, I was pissed off to see one the hottest looking and best players (Skylar Diggens) look nothing like shes does in real life, this goes for several players. It's disrespectful how they did the females in Live 18.

Oh and they need to fix Tiffany Hayes, she is one of the best ball handlers and probably the fastest player in the wnba, in Live 18 she has only average speed and bad ball handling and they have her at the SF position instead of pg.
I am hoping that the Dream can win it all this season for Angel McCoutchry who just tore her ACL after a great season. Winning a championship is one of the few things she hasn't accomplished in her hall of fame career so it would be awesome if her team rallied and won her a ring after her season ending injury. The Dream are currently #2 overall so they have a shot

I'm a Fever fan who have long since been eliminated from the playoff contention so I will have fun sitting back and watching the 2018 playoffs lol
Old 08-14-2018, 02:53 AM   #4
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killuminati
I am hoping that the Dream can win it all this season for Angel McCoutchry who just tore her ACL after a great season. Winning a championship is one of the few things she hasn't accomplished in her hall of fame career so it would be awesome if her team rallied and won her a ring after her season ending injury. The Dream are currently #2 overall so they have a shot

I'm a Fever fan who have long since been eliminated from the playoff contention so I will have fun sitting back and watching the 2018 playoffs lol
I'm looking forward to going to some Dream playoff games for the first time, WNBA games are so fun to attend, you get great seats for dirt cheap and the fans are passionate but don't take it too seriously.
Old 08-14-2018, 03:03 AM   #5
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

The only bummer is that I don't follow college hoops (men and women) as closely as I use to so I don't know a lot of the younger players. I'm kinda old school, I came up watching Diana Taurasi, Candace Parker, Angel McCoughery, Britney Grinder, Maya Moore, Delle Donne, Skylar Diggins, etc, basically all the players born in the mid-late 80's, lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2018, 07:54 AM   #6
Rookie

Killuminati's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team
The only bummer is that I don't follow college hoops (men and women) as closely as I use to so I don't know a lot of the younger players. I'm kinda old school, I came up watching Diana Taurasi, Candace Parker, Angel McCoughery, Britney Grinder, Maya Moore, Delle Donne, Skylar Diggins, etc, basically all the players born in the mid-late 80's, lol.
I strongly advise you to get back into watching it if you have the time. NCAA Women's hoops is only getting better with time. The level of talent across the board is improving, and while UCONN is still a power house, it's far from a guarantee that they will win the Championship.

I grew up watching men's basketball because it was always on TV, but as I got older, I began falling in love with Women's basketball. It's a shame that it isn't as popular as men's and hardly anybody knows about their favorite college's Women's team or even name 1 Women's player. It's just another sad example of inequality of the sexes

On a lighter note, I'm a Duke fan which usually means a great season for the men, but the women's team has been so much fun to watch too. Last year was the last run for the Splash sisters (Lexi brown and Rebecca Greenwell) who led Duke to the Sweet 16 where they fell against mighty UCONN. Both splash sisters ended up getting drafted into the WNBA, Brown to the Sun and Greenwell to the Mystics (she had surgery after getting drafted and missed the 2018 season) it really makes it so much better when you follow the players in college and get to watch them blossom as pros

Aside from the Blue Devils, the past few seasons have been really fun in women's college hoops. Kelsey plum broke the NCAA scoring record and then Kelsey Mitchell was doing all she could to catch her in her senior season and ended up coming up just short and finishing #2 on the all time NCAA women's basketball scoring list. (Fun fact: the top 2 on the NCAA all time women's scoring list are both left handed guards named Kelsey... How did that happen? Lol)

I was rooting for Kelsey Mitchell to break the record as she's so fun to watch, so I ended up watching a lot of Ohio State games. That led me to get to know some of the teams and then watch them play each other. Of course I watch all of the ACC teams play as I cheer for Duke. That adds to my overall enjoyment as well when you get to know all the teams and look forward to match-ups

That being said, I have completely fallen in love with women's basketball at the college and pro level so I highly recommend it to anybody who will listen lol

Last edited by Killuminati; 08-14-2018 at 07:57 AM.
Old 08-14-2018, 03:04 PM   #7
Rookie

The recent threads you’ve created aren’t “Official” threads, they’re not from EA.

I come expecting news and there’s nothing being said here. Just call them discussion threads.
Old 08-15-2018, 06:55 AM   #8
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidelityny
The recent threads you’ve created aren’t “Official” threads, they’re not from EA.

I come expecting news and there’s nothing being said here. Just call them discussion threads.
It's simply to avoid having multiple threads created about the same topic. When it's labeled the "official" thread, it means that it should be the primary thread for whatever the topic is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »