Home

M19 CFM - Good Vibes Only

This is a discussion on M19 CFM - Good Vibes Only within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-06-2018, 02:51 PM   #1
Data = Power

Billy4NY's Arena

OVR: 0
M19 CFM - Good Vibes Only

Thread Purpose: To focus on the positives of Madden 19 CFM. I know there is probably a pile of “Wish List” items and bugs that everyone would like to discuss (or is already discussing in another thread), but I wanted to spend some time talking about how awesome CFM is in Madden 19.

Background: I got to spend 10 hours in the PC version of the game through Origin Access and I thoroughly enjoyed what I experienced. I immediately jumped into multiple CFM’s to get exposed to all the new features it offered. I simmed through some seasons with teams like the Falcons, Browns, Eagles, and Giants and got to see firsthand how the Scheme Fits and Skill Points systems worked. I give EA an A+ for these changes compared to Madden 18 and Madden 17 as they make the training and progression process less time consuming, more realistic (to an extent), and in my opinion, kind of exciting!
As for overall presentation in CFM, I am a big fan of the new halftime shows and the snapshots. These features are a huge leap forward toward total immersion within my CFM. Seeing other teams’ scores and stats at halftime, while also seeing some highlights from my own game really add to the experience. The CFM commentary is also improved with intros and dialogue that make it feel like YOUR game with YOUR team and not just another CFM game. The Draft Stage is also impressive and makes the whole draft experience a bit more exciting whereas it felt more like a chore with no excitement in Madden 18.
Lastly, although I have yet to try any out, I am pumped to start trying out some custom draft classes. The Madden CFM community is going to do wonders with custom draft classes and I can’t wait to see it.

The Ask: I ask that we keep focusing on the positive. Tell me something awesome that happened in your CFM that really made it feel real for you. We have other means of channeling our frustrations so let’s take a moment and share “WOW” moments with each other so that we have a reason to dive back into our CFM in hopes of experiencing the same or similar moment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2018, 03:06 PM   #2
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: M19 CFM - Good Vibes Only

I love posts like this. I will start off by saying that last weekend my family and I moved into our new home which meant I now have a man cave. The first 2 items purchased...a new 4k hdr tv and xbox one x. Needless to say when I put Madden 19 in I was floord by the way it looked. I haven't had a chance to dive into CFM because ive been really busy. But i have played a couple of online games. The RPM makes the game totally different and takes some getting used to but i love it. There aren't any unrealistic cutting that I have seen. The WR/DB interactions are ridiculous. I plan on spending way more time tonight and tomorrow before I return to work Wednesday off of my vacation. Ill report back soon.
Old 08-06-2018, 03:25 PM   #3
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Kudos to this thread. One of the best ideas I've seen on OS in a while. We game to have fun. Let's highlight what makes us love those games.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 08-06-2018, 05:00 PM   #4
Data = Power

Billy4NY's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I love posts like this. I will start off by saying that last weekend my family and I moved into our new home which meant I now have a man cave. The first 2 items purchased...a new 4k hdr tv and xbox one x. Needless to say when I put Madden 19 in I was floord by the way it looked. I haven't had a chance to dive into CFM because ive been really busy. But i have played a couple of online games. The RPM makes the game totally different and takes some getting used to but i love it. There aren't any unrealistic cutting that I have seen. The WR/DB interactions are ridiculous. I plan on spending way more time tonight and tomorrow before I return to work Wednesday off of my vacation. Ill report back soon.
Congrats on the move! As someone who has moved quite often the past couple of years I can sincerely say that I hope it all went well. Definitely looking forward to your "WOW" moments in Madden 19.

As someone who obsesses over progression and tracking ratings I think one of my first "WOW" moments was with Skill Points. It made progression so much easier. Also, the different player archetypes are there just to guide how to progress your player. I had a WR that had poor deep route running so I focused on Deep Threat for a few points and it helped boost that stat. If people remember to use it as a guide and not let their Scheme Fit rule them they will see how great this new system is.
Old 08-06-2018, 05:02 PM   #5
Data = Power

Billy4NY's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
Kudos to this thread. One of the best ideas I've seen on OS in a while. We game to have fun. Let's highlight what makes us love those games.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
I appreciate the feedback. Make sure to tell us about your "WOW" moment when you are able to get your hands on the game and experience it for yourself. I view this like easter eggs or side quests in Bethesda games. Tell me about something that makes me want to turn the game on and experience it for myself. Looking forward to hearing about everyone's experiences.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2018, 05:57 PM   #6
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

I'm awaiting delivery on Friday, but I can say from what I've seen/tried I really enjoy a few changes.

I love the new progression system. It's great that it kind of disperses the points for you, as it prevents you from cheating the system. I like that they matter for your scheme fit too.

Which, speaking of, I like the scheme fit idea. It's a great addition to allow you to find guys that "fit" your system. Sure, you can argue it doesn't "really" matter. If you play true to your playbook and such, it does have an impact. It allows for a bit more variety and strategy.

I like the new positions too. I can pick and choose what receiver is best suited for the slot. Sure, typically it just goes down the list, but I like it. I'm always for anything that adds depth.

I can't wait to get the game in at the end of the week/next week and get some games in.

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-06-2018, 06:07 PM   #7
Rookie

Great thread idea! Can't wait 'til Friday to get my copy after hearing about how good the gameplay is and the improvements to Franchise Mode! One thing I don't know much about is the snapshot feature. How do they work and what are they used for?
Old 08-06-2018, 06:29 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 1

I like the new presentation that was included during pregame...seeing the 3D-ish Logos of the teams, and seeing the Helmets for primetime games, gives it a kind of old school Monday Night Football feel. When people say "presentation looks exactly like M18!", I say "did you see that die-cut helmet in the open?" lol

I also appreciate that there are a few different "scenes" of your QB when they run on the field...I've seen Jimmy G roll out to throw, I've seen him taking a snap, and even showboat a little. It's not the same thing over & over, it's a neat little touch.

Awesome thread idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »