Home

CPU Running game ?

This is a discussion on CPU Running game ? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-06-2018, 01:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
CPU Running game ?

My big issue with the game is the CPU running game. I can't get the cpu to run the ball at all. I have seen some people state they are seeing good running games from the cpu, but they are playing on all madden. I have always felt like all pro was the best option for the best "ratings matter" gameplay. I have cpu run blocking at 93.

Now I will say i did do a fantasy draft...I let the cpu pick my players...and I do have a really good D-line. But the cpu should be able to muster more than 0-1.5 ypc.

How does it feel on all madden, does it feel like the pc "cheats" or gets the "speed boosts" ?

Any other tips are greatly appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2018, 02:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: CPU Running game ?

Same issue on All-Madden. The problem is Cpu vision is way off this year when it comes to hitting holes and running to open field. Definitely needs tuning
Old 08-06-2018, 02:09 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Someone said in another thread to put CPU run blocking to 65 and HUMAN tackling to 0 and it works great. May be worth a shot.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-06-2018, 04:21 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

You can also try to lower the Offensive holding penalty by 2 pts (CFM) and 5 pts in Play Now. That alone should allow the OL to hold their blocks a tad longer versus trying to hit the 2nd level too early as they do now.
Old 08-06-2018, 05:48 PM   #5
MVP

SlyBelle's Arena

OVR: 10

My problem with the CPU running game is at times the RB makes some jukes and crazy moves at strange times. Had a CPU RB running straight to the endzone, no way any of my defenders catch him if he goes straight in. But all of a sudden, starts juking all over the place with no reason to do so and ends up getting caught. Seen very similar things as to when they have a good chance to make yardage, they just do strange stuff, seems they struggle with making the right moves. Not sure if changing any slider is going to correct that kind of behavior.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2018, 06:51 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 7

The CPU running game is a game killer for me. I hope EA can tune it to be more realistic. In other words, we don't need to see every running back, even receivers do all sorts of crazy moves. Rarely have I seen them just go straight ahead.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-06-2018, 07:06 PM   #7
Pro

kiddlex's Arena

OVR: 8

Mark my words, this is going to be the Madden communities biggest outcry - fix the CPU running game. I bet it will be patched, as there is no way its designed to be this bad by default.
Old 08-06-2018, 07:12 PM   #8
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
CPU Running game ?

After moving the threshold to 25, putting user tackling at 30, cpu run blocking at 80, face mask at 42, and user and cpu fumbles at 55. Bell had over 120 yards on 21 carries. Only thing is I need to lower the user run blocking now since it’s a little too easy. This was on all pro difficulty.

Last edited by Cowboy008; 08-06-2018 at 07:14 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »