Home

Challenges

This is a discussion on Challenges within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-06-2018, 12:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Challenges

Hey all,

Just curious, is anyone having any luck with challenging plays? I've had countless fumbles where I wasn't allowed to challenge, and when looking at the replay the player was 100% down well before the ball came out.

I seem to only even be allowed to challenge one out of every, maybe, 10 questionable plays. I've never won one. Sideline catches, possession, fumbles... nada. And I've yet to get one auto review. The CPU did get one booth review which of course ruled in its favor, when, again, the runner was clearly down by contact before the ball came out.

Am I missing something here? It is just bizarre that I can almost never challenge anything, the booth almost never reviews AND they've gotten it wrong on every single challenge I have seen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2018, 01:35 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Challenges

I have played two games thus far and in one game there were two booth reviews. I was not able to initiate any challenges of my own. And that was true in M18 as well - felt like the review feature was taken out of the game.
Old 08-06-2018, 01:43 PM   #3

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Usually it’s a matter of users not knowing what you as a player are even able to challenge.

Like take the OP as an example, he talks about not being to challenge fumbles. Well that’s because any turnover is automatically reviewed so the game is accurate in not allowing the user to challenge.

All that said, the review system itself is NOT good and does have many problems but I’ve never come across not being able to challenge something I should be able to challenge.
Old 08-06-2018, 06:02 PM   #4
MVP

SlyBelle's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Usually it’s a matter of users not knowing what you as a player are even able to challenge.

Like take the OP as an example, he talks about not being to challenge fumbles. Well that’s because any turnover is automatically reviewed so the game is accurate in not allowing the user to challenge.

All that said, the review system itself is NOT good and does have many problems but I’ve never come across not being able to challenge something I should be able to challenge.
Agreed...challenges do seem available when they should...although like you said I have seen some crazy stuff. I had one where a call was suppose to reverse a TD (audio says it), but they ended up granting the TD anyway.
Old 08-06-2018, 07:21 PM   #5
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLord
Hey all,

Just curious, is anyone having any luck with challenging plays? I've had countless fumbles where I wasn't allowed to challenge, and when looking at the replay the player was 100% down well before the ball came out.
You can't challenge turnovers or touchdowns. Those are reviewed by rule anyway, so a coach can't challenge it.

Otherwise, I've seen no fixes in terms of the system. I think the dev's even mentioned they didn't put resourced into fixing it. Something about it would need an overhaul and saying "we fixed this" doesn't sell as well as "we added this" or "new feature that", but I could be wrong.

Major Boise State fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2018, 07:37 PM   #6
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

I am 1 for 4 on challenges so far, all on sideline or back of the end zone catches. Rule 1, if it shows you a replay, don't bother challenging. You won't win. If it's close and you think you were in, then it may be worth it. The boundary awareness of the players at the moment doesn't help.

It would be great if you had a system like mlb the show where it showed you a quick replay when the officials make a close call so you can decide. As it stands now it's all guesswork.
Old 08-06-2018, 08:11 PM   #7
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdeuce
I am 1 for 4 on challenges so far, all on sideline or back of the end zone catches. Rule 1, if it shows you a replay, don't bother challenging. You won't win. If it's close and you think you were in, then it may be worth it. The boundary awareness of the players at the moment doesn't help.

It would be great if you had a system like mlb the show where it showed you a quick replay when the officials make a close call so you can decide. As it stands now it's all guesswork.
I never noticed the replay thing, I'll have to keep that in mind. If it won't show me, give it a shot.

Major Boise State fan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »