Home

Madden 19 PC over xbox one X? Discussion please?

This is a discussion on Madden 19 PC over xbox one X? Discussion please? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-02-2018, 01:53 PM   #1
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7
Madden 19 PC over xbox one X? Discussion please?

So I obviously have an XBOX ONE X "and" I have a really high end PC (1080ti, intel 12core processor, 64gb ram). I loved Madden 18 on the Xbox One X on my 4k Samsung KS8000.

I am demoing the PC version of M19 on both....and honestly I am not seeing a huge difference. Keep in mind that I cannot get Madden onto the 4kTV from my PC in true HDR mode....it keeps turning the HDR mode on my TV but the colors are washed out. I have to run in windowed mode to get accurate colors. This could be fixed in a patch but right now only the Xbox version looks great in HDR.

So.....with the games looking and feeling so similar at this point....what are the best reasons for the PC version at this exact moment? I know down the road it will get patched and should work in HDR better....and hopefully we will get mods that will allow us to customize things we cannot right now. Other than potential mods, what features set the PC version ahead?

Can we print? Export rosters to spreadsheets? Anything that really makes running on a PC so unique? Or is it really just the same exact game (features and gameplay) just running on a PC instead of a console? I realize that at max settings the PC should look better than the Xbox One X....but at this exact moment I am not really seeing a huge difference and the inconvenience of having to run it on the PC and route the HDMI over to my 4k TV is a bit much.

So I am leaning towards Xbox One X version for now and possibly revisit PC in a few months when it has some mods or some 3rd party editing software abilities?

Please.....respectful conversation only. I want to discuss why those of you who have the XBOX one X are choosing the PC version instead. What am I missing?

Thanks folks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2018, 02:02 PM   #2
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Madden 19 PC over xbox one X? Discussion please?

Eh... if you're into online gaming then go xbone. I've always gone pc when its multiplat. I have more options for sales when it comes to PC.

I want to support Madden on PC to show EA that there's a whole bunch of new/old audience waiting for the rest of the sports line up to come to PC.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 08-02-2018, 02:04 PM   #3
Rookie

Vercingetirex's Arena

OVR: 0

You would be a fool not to get it on the PC with that type of PC build.

It will run at a higher frame-rate at all times, and the future mods that other users will inevitably create will be worth it over the consoles.
Old 08-02-2018, 02:11 PM   #4
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

In versions 2001-'08, you could export rosters to .csv (as well as stats, standings, gamelogs..)

The mods and editors that will become available are it for me.

I don't want to play a 2018 NFL football game. I want to replay 1982, and re-draft 1983.. or create a League where the USFL never existed, where guys like Reggie White and Herschel Walker played their entire careers in the NFL.. I want a redo of Brett Favre's career.. or get 8-10 years of Favre-to-Sharpe instead of only 4.

None of that is possible on X1/PS4. That's why I'm on PC.

I'm not convinced all of that will be possible this year, it will be in time. But at least its feasible, given what the PC community has done with past versions.
Old 08-02-2018, 02:17 PM   #5
MVP

icicle22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
In versions 2001-'08, you could export rosters to .csv (as well as stats, standings, gamelogs..)

The mods and editors that will become available are it for me.

I don't want to play a 2018 NFL football game. I want to replay 1982, and re-draft 1983.. or create a League where the USFL never existed, where guys like Reggie White and Herschel Walker played their entire careers in the NFL.. I want a redo of Brett Favre's career.. or get 8-10 years of Favre-to-Sharpe instead of only 4.

None of that is possible on X1/PS4. That's why I'm on PC.

I'm not convinced all of that will be possible this year, it will be in time. But at least its feasible, given what the PC community has done with past versions.
Is there a benefit to editing your own rosters on the PC as it is? I guess with keyboard and mouse support we could feasibly editing ratings and attribute much easier that with just a controller? Or is that something that is still clumsy?

I use to do mods to NFL2k rosters and used some 3rd party programs to set global attributes..so you could reduce all halfbacks in the league stamina by 5 points all with one click. That would be cool! But even that was for a console game...just editing on PC though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2018, 02:20 PM   #6
MVP

icicle22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vercingetirex
You would be a fool not to get it on the PC with that type of PC build.

It will run at a higher frame-rate at all times, and the future mods that other users will inevitably create will be worth it over the consoles.
It does run great but I have to lock it at 60FPS or it gets all stuttery anyway. I don't have a G-sync monitor so 60FPS is the limit anyway.

Also....my actual PC has a 2560x1600 screen on it. Even with settings maxxed it looks kinda low res and I can see aliasing. I guess 4k gaming spoiled my eyes a bit!
Old 08-02-2018, 02:21 PM   #7
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
Is there a benefit to editing your own rosters on the PC as it is? I guess with keyboard and mouse support we could feasibly editing ratings and attribute much easier that with just a controller? Or is that something that is still clumsy?

I use to do mods to NFL2k rosters and used some 3rd party programs to set global attributes..so you could reduce all halfbacks in the league stamina by 5 points all with one click. That would be cool! But even that was for a console game...just editing on PC though.
With editors and spreadsheets, I can complete rosters in an evening, or a couple evenings, if I obsess. Console.. its brutal, and it takes weeks.

And the spreadsheets have access to things the console does not. I can make a player holdout. I can take players in and out of retirement. Mass-edit contracts.

... I'll never go back. I just can't do it, as far as roster creation goes.

Granted, we don't have a roster editor at the moment, but I'd bet its a certainty at some point this year, given that there is already a Fifa editor on Frostbite. The Madden community is even more obsessive, despite not being worldwide.

Last edited by Madden08PCgmr; 08-02-2018 at 02:25 PM.
Old 08-02-2018, 02:28 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
So I obviously have an XBOX ONE X "and" I have a really high end PC (1080ti, intel 12core processor, 64gb ram). I loved Madden 18 on the Xbox One X on my 4k Samsung KS8000.

I am demoing the PC version of M19 on both....and honestly I am not seeing a huge difference. Keep in mind that I cannot get Madden onto the 4kTV from my PC in true HDR mode....it keeps turning the HDR mode on my TV but the colors are washed out. I have to run in windowed mode to get accurate colors. This could be fixed in a patch but right now only the Xbox version looks great in HDR.

So.....with the games looking and feeling so similar at this point....what are the best reasons for the PC version at this exact moment? I know down the road it will get patched and should work in HDR better....and hopefully we will get mods that will allow us to customize things we cannot right now. Other than potential mods, what features set the PC version ahead?

Can we print? Export rosters to spreadsheets? Anything that really makes running on a PC so unique? Or is it really just the same exact game (features and gameplay) just running on a PC instead of a console? I realize that at max settings the PC should look better than the Xbox One X....but at this exact moment I am not really seeing a huge difference and the inconvenience of having to run it on the PC and route the HDMI over to my 4k TV is a bit much.

So I am leaning towards Xbox One X version for now and possibly revisit PC in a few months when it has some mods or some 3rd party editing software abilities?

Please.....respectful conversation only. I want to discuss why those of you who have the XBOX one X are choosing the PC version instead. What am I missing?

Thanks folks!
Main reason for PC = NCAA football mod

Otherwise I'd stick to Xbox One X for the reasons you cite above..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »