Home

MLO Community: Today We Party Like it's 1999

This is a discussion on MLO Community: Today We Party Like it's 1999 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-02-2018, 10:39 AM   #1
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15
MLO Community: Today We Party Like it's 1999

Fellow online league/association hoopers, commishes, and admins report for duty. Today I want us all to take a moment and rejoice, celebrate, dance, and party till we can no longer feel our ****ing faces.

For years, they told us we were the last of a dying breed; online gamers that both loved the competition of head to head games while matching wits in the front office with 29 other owners. They told us to shut up and accept the mediocrity of one and done seasons with no offseason. They told us that the user base didn't justify 2ks investments in MLO. They told us we would have to give in the demons of purchasing VC to make this mode viable. They told us the metrics just weren't there for this mode. They told us to cede our platform to the more casual and arcade my player modes. They told us to just give up and play the boring stale and robotic cpu in offline myleague. Essentially they told us to take our ball and go home.

And yet year after, we showed up with pitchforks to demand that Simballer, Davez, Leftos and crew deliver on their vision of a fully ported offline myleague to online myleague that began back in 2k16. For the last 3 years I have led this charge in galvanizing the community to stand up and speak up for complete online franchise mode that rivaled its offline counter part. Each year, complaint filled rant based threads that would be my calling card after each successive Dev blog on MLO.

Swim, ataman, lvnba, guardian, coach, rob, van, and the entire vanguard of the MLO community, today is our day. Today we will celebrate the return of a viable, fully fleshed out online frachise mode for the first time since 2k14 on last Gen. Today, we will reflect on the journey of 2k14 and 15 next Gen broken leagues. We will reflect on 2k16 thru 18s incremental advancements in the mode that allowed us a platform for dedicated leagues to fill the gaps with painstaking labor to replicate a realistic multi season online league and association. And now the motherlode has been delivered today fellas.

All MLO heads, let's use this thread to just flat out exclaim in pure unadulterated joy at the news this morning that our dream has been realized. Let us remember the struggle and let us not forget that collectively our voices made a difference through the loud noises of the haters, detractors, and negative nancies that tried to break our will in voicing the need for this mode to rival its offline counterpart.

To the 2k devs, I thank you all for your fulfillment of this difficult tedious grind to get us to this point of finally allowing 30 users friends and competitors to match wits both on the sticks and in the front office. Thank you and job well done. Let me shed a tear of joy now.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]

Last edited by amedawg00; 08-02-2018 at 11:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2018, 10:46 AM   #2
MVP

Re: MLO Community: Today We Party Like it's 1999

Did I read the blog correctly that every single feature is exported from off-line including all of the sliders, custom roster options, imported draft classes, etc?

If so, that is absolutely phenomenal.
Old 08-02-2018, 10:46 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

This post gave me butterflies.

I could never get into MLO in previous years becuase of the lack of immersion, but cannot wait to get into it now.
Old 08-02-2018, 10:47 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Did I read the blog correctly that every single feature is exported from off-line including all of the sliders, custom roster options, imported draft classes, etc?

If so, that is absolutely phenomenal.
You read correctly, my friend.
Old 08-02-2018, 10:49 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by amedawg00
Fellow online league/association hoopers, commishes, and admins report for duty. Today I want us all to take a moment and rejoice, celebrate, dance, and party till we can no longer feel our ****ing faces.

For years, they told us we were the last of a dying breed; online gamers that both loved the competition of head to head competition while matching wits in the front office with 29 other owners. They told us to shut up and accept the mediocrity of one and done seasons with no offseason. They told us that the user base didn't justify 2ks investments in MLO. They told us to cede our platform to the more casual and arcade my player modes. They told us to just give up and play the boring stale and robotic cpu in offline myleague. Essentially they told us to take our ball and go home.

And yet year after, we showes up with pitchforks to demand that Simballer, Davez, Leftos and crew deliver on their vision of a fully ported offline myleague to online myleague that began back in 2k16. For the last 3 years I have led this charge in galvanizing the community to stand up and speak up for complete online franchise mode that rivaled its offline counter part. Each year, complaint filled rant based threads that would be my calling card after each successive Dev blog on MLO.

Swim, ataman, lvnba, guardian and the entire vanguard of the MLO community, today is our day. Today we will celebrate the return of a viable, fully fleshed out online frachise mode for the first time since 2k14 on last Gen. Today, we will reflect on the journey of 2k14 and 15 next Gen broken leagues. We will reflect on 2k16 thru 18s incremental advancements in the mode that allowed us a platform for dedicated leagues to fill the gaps with painstaking labor to replicate a realistic multi season online league and association. And now the motherlode has been delivered today fellas.

All MLO heads, let's use this thread to just flat out exclaim in pure unadulterated joy at the news this morning that our dream has been realized. Let us remember the struggle and let us not forget that collectively our voices made a difference through the loud noises of the haters, detractors, and negative nancies that tried to break our will in voicing the need for this mode to rival its offline counterpart.

To the 2k devs, I thank you all for your fulfillment of this difficult tedious grind to get us to this point of finally allowing 30 users friends and competitors to match wits both on the sticks and in the front office. Thank you and job well done. Let me shed a tear of joy now.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
I just tagged you in the other blog lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2018, 10:49 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

praise the lord

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 08-02-2018, 10:50 AM   #7
MVP

Amazing. I will be looking to join a league with some SIM folks from this site.

Has there been any word on a MAX number of USERS or how many seasons can be played?

Thank you. I am at work, so cannot dig too deep in the blog.
Old 08-02-2018, 10:52 AM   #8
Rookie

Don't post on operationsports much but i've been in sim leagues for years. I know the admins of these leagues have put in so much sweat and tears into their leagues to make them as realistic as possible. I'm just happy that most of the admin work is now automated to the point where they can actually enjoy the league.

Props to 2K.

Geckzu - SCH

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »