Home

RIVALS 2028-2029 DISCUSSION

This is a discussion on RIVALS 2028-2029 DISCUSSION within the OS Rivals forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online > OS Rivals
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-28-2018, 11:18 AM   #1
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

OVR: 0
RIVALS 2028-2029 DISCUSSION

***** COACHES

•All new jobs are 2 years minimum

•Create a coach, make the Alma Mater a school you want... PLAYBOOKS must be the school you choose or a Generic PB, cannot change throughout the season

•New members at any point have to start in the American conference

• Postseason: Any players that want to transfer or leave early cannot be swayed

****** RECRUITING

- Anyone in your pipeline can be recruited
- Any one who is not your pipeline but has you top 5 can be recruited
- No Athletes
- Only true freshman can be redshirted

***** GENERAL IN-GAME RULES

- MIX UP YOUR PLAYBOOK ON OFFENSE.. play calling should be more like the NFL than NCAA, dont be repetitious

- MIX UP YOUR PLAYBOOK ON OFFENSE.. even if you run or pass 50 times a game just mix up the plays.. EX if you want to play it safe and only run up the middle or throw short passes there should still be diversity in the play calls

***** BANNED ON OFFENSE

- shotgun flex runs, if your pb has alot of shotgun flex formations switch it
- no read option style offense
- 5 wide
- 4verts
- user catches
- oline shifts

***** BANNED ON DEFENSE

- run commit
- 1-5-5
- user catches

***** PRESNAP OFFENSE

- ONLY ONE presnap adjustment can be made on offense regardless of what it is (audible, flipped play, hot route, etc.)
- ONLY ONE presnap adjustment for No huddle
- ONLY EXCEPTION is adding ONE blocker with a hot route

***** PRESNAP DEFENSE

- only MANUALLY move 1 player presnap
- can not walk up past linebacker level

***** 4TH DOWN RULE (NO EXCEPTIONS)

a) 4th and 1 past the 50
b) 4th and whatever if you're down in the 4th quarter (in user games you can go for it if youre up in the 4th quarter past the 50)

***** QB RUNNING

- QBs can only have 5 carries not including sacks (6 carries is a suspension, minimum 3 games)
- QB runs between the tackles are fine whenever, you CANNOT sprint to the sideline and throw
- IF YOU CALL A DESIGNED ROLLOUT OR ANY PLAY-ACTION YOU CAN LEAVE THE POCKET TO THROW OR RUN (only time you're allowed to do so)

***** SPECIAL TEAMS

- NO KICK RETURNS FROM THE ENDZONE

•DO NOT adjust the ingame coaching strategies (aggressive, balanced, conservative) unless its chew clock late in the game

***** ADVANCES

•Advances will be set for every 3 days as long as the league is small. Play the games you feel like playing

•You can sim any game you want (NO SUPER SIMMING), if the advance day comes up and really havent had time to play but want to I will extend the deadline.

•I expect User games to at least START getting scheduled THE DAY OF or before advance day.. if one player tries to schedule it and the other waits too long they will be put on auto

***** THREAD

•Game write ups are not necessary at all but AT LEAST putting RTA and the score
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2018, 11:35 AM   #2
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

Re: RIVALS 2028-2029 DISCUSSION

WEEK 1

***** GAME OF THE WEEK *****
#4 Miami @ #3 Texas

Miami and Texas have been 2 of the premiere programs in college football over the past decade. Both teams have won a ring in that time period and have been 1 game away from a ring numerous times. This matchup will feature 2 of the biggest names in football in Jeff Dawson and Jermaine Yates, the 2 starting QBs who came in at the same time and both started all 4 years. They were expected to face off in the championship at least once but although that has not happened yet they still have one last chance even after this game. Texas is the favorite in this one because if you compare the teams side by side the defenses stack up pretty evenly with 2 very strong defenses on all 3 levels but on offense thats not the case. Texas is loaded in their pass game with a dominant WR core for Yates to throw to. They will need to find help in the run game but its not a concern because of how good their pass game is. Miami on the other hand has a Heisman level HB coming back in Sims but no proven go to guy at WR besides their TEs. Miami is a primarily spread team so the use of the TE is limited. In order for Miami to win they will have to force turnovers and Dawson has to make his WRs look better than they are. Sims at RB has to be the x-factor to help take the pressure off of these WRs as well or Texas is taking this one.

Old 07-28-2018, 01:31 PM   #3
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

#4 Miami @ #3 Texas

Canes started the game looking solid on both sides of the ball forcing 3 early interceptions and moving the ball on offense. After a 14 point lead the momentum favored Miami until a missed fg by a walkon kicker gave hope to Texas. Coach Junior said after the game that there was miscommunication between him and the special teams coach as he never intended for that kicker to get in the game. Texas wouldnt respond with points yet but their offense began to slowly come together and almost scored at the half but ran out of time as the Canes stuffed them at the 1 which was huge.

Second half Texas would score in the first minute making it 14-7 Miami. The Canes Offense struggled but their defense forced another interception with good field position. Canes would get stuffed on 3rd and 1 but went for it on 4th and 1 and Sims busted the run outside for a 15 yd td to make it 21-7. Texas put it all together on offense after that and shifted the momentum completely after a long drive cut it to 7 and Miami could not muster up any offense. Down 21-14 Texas took a 70 yard drive down the field led by Yates and they scored with 0:31 to send the game to OT.

Miami struck first as Dawson hit his most reliable scoring threat TE Dingle for a td on 3rd and long. Texas still hot answered with ease as they had found their running game in the 4th. Game tied at 28 it was back to Texas who was still hot but Yates through a 5th interception to Miami SS Allen who didnt start the game but was subbed in late in the game which ended up saving Miami who win on a fg after the turnover. 31-28 Miami

Canes lack of playmakers was evident today but they what the pregame write up said they needed to do: force turnovers and Dawson had to help his WRs.

GG Arch

on the road against #2 Ohio State next

Miami
QB Dawson 17/25 181yds 3td 1int
HB Sims 22-93yds 1td
TE Dingle 5rec 73yds 2td
MLB Campbell 4tak 2int

Texas
QB Yates 20/30 331yds 2td 5int
HB Lynch 26-61yds 2td
WR Williams 6rec 78yds
WR Davis 5rec 67yds 1td

Old 07-28-2018, 02:16 PM   #4
All Star

Archsmith99's Arena

OVR: 1

Yeah GG Junior. If I could limit my dumbas* self to only 2 int in user games, i'd be golden lol. It was a fun game tho, frustrating too. My slow 77 overall Rb did better then I expected.
Old 07-28-2018, 03:11 PM   #5
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archsmith99
Yeah GG Junior. If I could limit my dumbas* self to only 2 int in user games, i'd be golden lol. It was a fun game tho, frustrating too. My slow 77 overall Rb did better then I expected.

had to be momentum because we were killing him all game then all of a sudden he was falling forward, spinning on people, running through the line easy smh.. I was pissed.. its impossible to stop a pass game like that if they can run too.. my offense went to crap tho idk wtf happened
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2018, 11:51 PM   #6
MVP

jp18's Arena

Definitely not happy with the performance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2018, 02:07 PM   #7
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

Old 07-29-2018, 07:20 PM   #8
All Star

Archsmith99's Arena

OVR: 1

So, who won the other U5 game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online > OS Rivals »