Home

What are the top 5-10 things you are hoping/looking are improved/changed this year?

This is a discussion on What are the top 5-10 things you are hoping/looking are improved/changed this year? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-24-2018, 10:03 PM   #1
All Star

OVR: 0
What are the top 5-10 things you are hoping/looking are improved/changed this year?

I am just wondering what are the 5 things you are hoping/looking to see improved/changed this year?

1. More non shooting fouls- There has never been enough non shooting fouls in like any basketball game ever made

2. More fouls on jump shoots- I dont think I have ever seen a foul on a 3 point shoot in 2k18 and only a few on mid range shoots to.

3. CPU to call time outs.- Last year CPU like 90% of the time would only call like 2 time outs a game and it didn't matter how the game was going. No matter if CPU was on a run them selfs or user was on a run or the game was close it didn't matter CPU just would not use time outs.

4. CPU to do a better job taking guys out who are in foul trouble. Last year if CPU had a guy with 2 fouls in first quarter or like 3 in the 2nd or 4 in the 3erd etc CPU just would not take guys out most of the time.

5. Less clipping- I love last years game but man there was a lot of clipping last year.

6. MYGM to have the same options that myleague has and to not have to like relocate. I would like to play mygm because I like being able to do things like set tick prices but not being able to change things like trade difficulty like you can in myleague sucks and really dont make any sense.

7. Also having to relocate in mygm is silly. I like being able to like talk to players and such like you cant do in myleague but dont like having to do like a predetermined store.

8. More charges being called- I didn't have a problem with the defensive side of the ball over all that much like a lot of people in fact I thought it was much worse a few years ago but being able to drawl a charge is something that needs to happen more often. In 18 I would see a charge get called like maybe once ever 10 games. Its not that you cant get into position its just most the time the game either calls nothing or calls a blocking foul instead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2018, 10:08 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: What are the top 5-10 things you are hoping/looking are improved/changed this yea

Something little, but I would like to have a preseason. I use it in madden to help evaluate talent that I don't play with everygame, itd be nice to try out some players and possibly add them to my team or g league

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 07-24-2018, 10:47 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: What are the top 5-10 things you are hoping/looking are improved/changed this yea

Honestly I love where myleague is at right now, so I only hope for small additions like special commentary lines for relocation cities.

My biggest hope for change is with the myplayer mode. I want it to go back to where it was several years ago. For offline guys stop locking us into archetypes. And enough with the dumb stories. Just allow me to create a player from scratch and make my own story. I miss the press conferences!
Old 07-24-2018, 11:05 PM   #4
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

1. Improved post play / standing layup success: Too often, and I mean WAY too often, do I see bricked standing layups from 7 footers in minimal traffic, getting stuffed after faking a defender to jump on their way down, getting stripped too easily, random unwanted animations that lead to failure, and hooks & fades being ineffective. About the only thing I've ever seen consistently productive from the post this year has been drop stepping w/ Shaq and getting the standing dunk animation.

2. Reduced automatic driving dunks: I know this especially applies to 2004 Kobe, 2008 Carmelo, Durant, Westbrook, and a few others. Too often are you left to hopelessly watch the dunk animation as a defender and have no control to stop it. I've seen some of the greatest rim protectors like Mutombo, Chamberlain, & Duncan all get posterized like they're spud webb on a regular basis against turbo drive cheesers.

3. Improved help defensive / transition defense logic: Too many times after a made basket, the other team will have players flying down the court while my guys are back pedaling, and it just leads to easy transition scores for the other team. On a half court set, I'm seeing way too often the man guarding the corner 3 leaving him to help for no reason at all, especially leaving a great 3 point shooter open. I'm seeing unnecessary shooting fouls from cpu defenders coming to help when I've got the driver locked down myself.

4. Reduced blow-by effectiveness: Thankfully, this looks to have been reduced in 2k19, because it was way out of hand this year. All you really ever needed to win was a fast slasher & 4 three point shooters on the outside to pass it too. Apparently they cut down the zig zag too for 2k19, so that's a relief as well. I just felt way too slow as an on-ball defender in 2k18 that I felt embarrassed to have to have the CPU play on-ball against the guys that ISO with their fast slashers (especially ones that could pull up & shoot from anywhere).

5. Cut down on the fumbling of catching the ball: My game relies on lots of passing, I don't do the 5 out dribble dribble mess a lot of these kids love to do. But I'm tired of seeing simple passes from 10-15 ft. away look like NFL sideline catches, especially when they're in wide open possession to shoot an open shot.

6. Remove the limitless range badge: Simple, just get rid of it. If you want Curry to have it, that's fine, but nobody else needs it.

7. CPU giving up position on defensive rebounding: Seriously, how hard is it to stay in between your man and the basket at all times? I'm seeing the offensive player just slip inside the defender that's supposed to be boxing him out too much. Also, you have the pre determined rebounds that miraculously fall in a players hands even when their are 3 other players from your team with better positioning to grab the board.
Old 07-24-2018, 11:31 PM   #5
Rookie

/\ everything he said

Only thing I would add is more zip on bounce passes that don't include post ups...

Like this one..

youtube.com/watch?v =X2-xRS4RzDA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2018, 11:46 PM   #6
Rookie

Hoping the CPU bites more on pump fakes and jab steps on the perimeter. I loved on previous 2k's the jab step would get the defender off balance and I would just rise up and shoot. In 18 they weren't having it.
Old 07-25-2018, 12:52 AM   #7
Pro

this is a must before the actual release of the game

- regular season, all star, playoffs and finals different ambiance.
- 3 replay angle in every great plays or bad fouls.
- injured players in sideline in casual or suit clothes.
- halftime show need more in game commentary talking about a specific player
and showing replay off the game and discussing it.
- CPU timeout cmon!!!!
- arena fans more involved
- more shaking of screen when playing against home.
specially if its a close game.
- blocks and rebound to be more physical.
- random shoe colorways whether home or away( it doesnt have to be all the
teams colors only, does not what they do iIRL).
- coach interview on the start of 3rd quarter just a small window in the corner
while paying the game.
- a small altercation at least( this is a physical game cmon)
Old 07-25-2018, 01:28 AM   #8
Banned

1) Fix the LEGACY GLITCH in pro-am/mypark -- Pressing LB (dbl team) and/or int foul button to cause artificial/cheese tenacious defense (aka causes sticky hands, affects wide open shot success rate, more aggressive defense). 2K doesn't know about this glitch because how many 2K Devs play pro-am and have even tested it?

2) Nerf the Sharps/Stretchs. a) Get rid of Limitless Range badge aka Unrealistic AF Badge aka the inspiration for weak 5-out aka even the greatest long range shooter (Curry) isn't nearly this consistent. b) You want to be a godlike shooter? Great, have speed/quickness capped out at 60.

3) Stop listening to noobs/casuals/'it's too hard for me!' crowd on how to make your simulation basketball game.

4) Make 2k19 the most defensive Foot Planting felt game ever. Enough sliding.

5) How about not strangle the consumers wallet to pay for VC, just because "you can". At some point, 2K ballers are going to get fed up/burnt out with spending $70 or $100 for a pay-to-play game to buy it, then another $100+ just to make the game playable. 2K is thinking short term. Long-term, the not-so-hardcore players are going to say f it, I'm not spending countless hrs or money just to play the game. We saw many players go to Fortnite. This trend will continue if non-stop ruthless VC money-sucking continues. Remember, NBA Live was top dog once. They took advantage of the customer (delivering a crappy product), and over-estimated their loyalty. It's not always just about making money, it's about brand reputation. And 2K is starting to become known as the most ruthless and greediest videogame company on the planet. Not a good look long-term.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »