Home

Weather issues

This is a discussion on Weather issues within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-22-2018, 03:36 PM   #1
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0
Weather issues

Just played a game in Cleveland. April 13th, 7:10p first pitch, Wind was 11.3 out to LF, AND it was 23 degrees. Im pretty sure (even if no lake effect) that would be SNOW! Its bad enough I cant get rain delays in my Manage franchise, but this is the oddest weather I have seen. I cant even figure out how to justify it.

MLB 23 FOREVER

Madden fun, but, will not buy another till its next gen only and they get rid of the extras (SS/XF, HFA, media, scenarios, game plan) or turn them down considerably.

Just have fun and play :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2018, 03:58 PM   #2
Rookie

CornHoller's Arena

Re: Weather issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
Just played a game in Cleveland. April 13th, 7:10p first pitch, Wind was 11.3 out to LF, AND it was 23 degrees. Im pretty sure (even if no lake effect) that would be SNOW! Its bad enough I cant get rain delays in my Manage franchise, but this is the oddest weather I have seen. I cant even figure out how to justify it.

hahahahahahaha. That game wouldn't even had been played. I find that 18 eliminated several features that I found interesting in the game. It's too bad.
Old 07-22-2018, 04:10 PM   #3
MVP

forme95's Arena

Now I do have to say with the wind being 11 mph and out to Left, it was great seeing that game have a total of 5 homers, 4 being to LF. However, with the temp, I would think it would have killed those, but I did have quite a few high hits fall short of the wall.

Its things like this, I would like to see the game factor in better. There has to be the technology, so I would think it could be worked into the game instead of silly things like retro mode in franchise.

MLB 23 FOREVER

Madden fun, but, will not buy another till its next gen only and they get rid of the extras (SS/XF, HFA, media, scenarios, game plan) or turn them down considerably.

Old 07-22-2018, 04:12 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
it can rain in 20 degree weather. freezing temperature doesnt automatically turn rain into snow.

A Work in Progress
Old 07-22-2018, 04:22 PM   #5
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
it can rain in 20 degree weather. freezing temperature doesnt automatically turn rain into snow.
You are correct, it is possible, but not likely. Especially lake effect would make the chances of that a lot less. Now if it was closer to 30's, I could write it off easier. Snow would be nice to add to weather as (witnessed plenty of times) but since the game doesnt have postponed games, it would be unlikey to see heavy snow. Flurries would be cool though.

Again, it would be something that a lot Im sure would like to see better then silly things like retro in franchise.

MLB 23 FOREVER

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2018, 04:48 PM   #6
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

I hate playing in 23 degree weather because the controller hurts my hands when i make poor contact.
Old 07-22-2018, 06:15 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanRyansSnowmonkey
I hate playing in 23 degree weather because the controller hurts my hands when i make poor contact.
they're working on a prototype glove to combat that:
Spoiler

A Work in Progress
Old 07-22-2018, 07:30 PM   #8
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
they're working on a prototype glove to combat that:
I HAVE to get those! It should also help keep my hands from getting all scarred up in Skyrim VR!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »