Home

Purchasing Legends Outside MUT.

This is a discussion on Purchasing Legends Outside MUT. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-14-2018, 01:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Purchasing Legends Outside MUT.

So, I like to create the entire history of the league, put the players on their original drafted teams, and then just hit “Play Now” so I’m not limited to the division schedule. Madden buys the rights to legendary players...and then strictly limits that the MUT game?!? Why would you invest money like that and then limit the return. Back in EA UFC, I didn’t want to “earn” Bruce Lee and Royce Gracie so I just bought them and used them how I saw fit. Why doesn’t Madden do the same?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2018, 06:35 AM   #2
Pro

drewst18's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Purchasing Legends Outside MUT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidmuse3
So, I like to create the entire history of the league, put the players on their original drafted teams, and then just hit “Play Now” so I’m not limited to the division schedule. Madden buys the rights to legendary players...and then strictly limits that the MUT game?!? Why would I invest money like that and then limit the return. Back in EA UFC, I didn’t want to “earn” Bruce Lee and Royce Gracie so I just bought them and used them how I saw fit. Why doesn’t Madden do the same?
I would argue that this is why they did that. MUT is a fun mode, but it is also the real bread winner. I'd imagine EA makes exponentially more money from MUT than game sales. Legends day on Saturday is by far the biggest money maker day. A big part of that is people love their legends. If I can only play as Randy Moss if I get him in a pack I'm more likely to buy a pack than if I can go sign him as a free agent and play with him in play now.

Does it suck sure, but EA is a publicly traded company, the sooner people realize they will always act in the best interest of the shareholders the sooner people will see why they do what they do.

There are some huge misconceptions around here that are so annoying to read about MUT being a resource hog to the point its the only thing EA works on. The people who have a gripe with aspects of actual in game play that is catered to MUT and competitive gaming have a real beef but those who think CFM doesn't get touched because of MUT are out to lunch. MUT is content driven, it doesn't take days of coding AI or reprogramming a draft interface. You add a few new cards, have an art director do the card art and add some menus.

Sorry got off track but figured this was going to be yet another MUT bashing thread.
Old 07-14-2018, 11:20 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

But I’m still confused why they wouldn’t make MORE money from selling the legends separately and then that puts them in the free agent pool for other modes. Then again, I have no idea how much these packs cost. Would it behoove EA to price a Montana or Moss at say $3 each outside MUT?
Old 07-15-2018, 01:37 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

Everyone needs to stop with this shareholders crap. Can't do this, can't do that. Make a great game and it will sell better.

Should care about your customers as much or more than your shareholders.

MuT is the only mode in Madden and its still not good. 5 years ago I would of rated MuT a 9/10. Last few years a 3/10. MuT is almost as bad as CFM.

I rather go to work then grind M18 solos.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »