Home

Buy low sell high trade logic

This is a discussion on Buy low sell high trade logic within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-04-2018, 06:21 AM   #1
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

OVR: 0
Buy low sell high trade logic

I don’t see this posted but I was curious. Say for example a veteran player is having a career year before the deadline and is tearing it up, does his trade value go up? Or is it a steady fixed value? Vice versa as well say somebody like machado is doing awful, does his value go down as in a buy low?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2018, 10:02 AM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Buy low sell high trade logic

I can't speak with any type of definitive answer because I honestly don't know how its programmed.

With that said, in my experience their value does increase but only slightly. So for example (and this is just to demonstrate what I think happens), instead of being able to trade for a veteran who is having a good year with a high C/low B potential player (77-82) you need to trade a mid-B/high-B (83-89) potential player.

Again this is strictly my opinion based on my experience with the game.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-05-2018, 09:01 PM   #3
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

My personal opinion is that a player's stats don't effect how the CPU looks at them at all. In the previous year of my current franchise, I saw the guy who was leading the majors in HR traded in July for peanuts because his OVR is in the 70s. That offseason, he sat around in the free agent pool unsigned for months, and eventually signed a small one year deal with someone, despite hitting around 45 HRs and being in his early 30s.
Old 07-06-2018, 08:45 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
My personal opinion is that a player's stats don't effect how the CPU looks at them at all. In the previous year of my current franchise, I saw the guy who was leading the majors in HR traded in July for peanuts because his OVR is in the 70s. That offseason, he sat around in the free agent pool unsigned for months, and eventually signed a small one year deal with someone, despite hitting around 45 HRs and being in his early 30s.
This is pretty realistic if the player's track record isn't good. Look at Chris Carter. He led the NL in homers and sat around before Yankees gave him a small one-year deal. By mid-season they had cut him and he was working his way back to the majors with another team.
Old 07-06-2018, 11:06 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 8

my experience on The Show and NBA2k is that overall is king and performance doesn't matter when it comes to trades and contracts. It's a giant flaw in both games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2018, 05:50 AM   #6
Rookie

Logan Morrison was near the AL lead in homers in 2017 and sat in FA before taking a cheap deal. Chris Carter led NL in homers and took a small deal after sitting around. Guys who are bad (reflected by lower OVR) are not buoyed for big paydays by a year with a bunch of homers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »