Home

Madden 18 RB2 Stats Issue

This is a discussion on Madden 18 RB2 Stats Issue within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-03-2018, 07:09 PM   #1
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OVR: 0

Has anyone else noticed how the RB2's on most CPU-controlled teams are scoring all the rushing TD's for their backfields? I'll see the CPU teams have their RB2's often in double digits for rush TD's and the starters rarely breaking the double digit mark.

I also find it odd that all the change of pace RB2's tend to have really crappy YPC. Often in the 2-3 YPC range. Is it somehow programmed into the simulation of the stats that the RB2's are taking all of the short yardage and GL plunges? It would help explain all the RB2's scoring the rush TD's and the poor YPC.

I really miss the sliders where you could set the percentage of carries for the RB2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2018, 07:58 PM   #2
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden 18 RB2 Stats Issue

It's one of the biggest issues with sim stats. I had a thread a while back going over sim stats and pretty much every season there was almost 200 more rushing touchdowns than the most ever in an NFL season and it's in large part due to this kind of thing. Every year there'd be situations like this:

where players would have a small amount of low carries and yards but a ton of touchdowns. The rushing sim stats are just overall really weird all around. I super simmed a whole season when I was testing and my running back ran for over 1000 yards but had a long run of 5 yards and you see the same kind of thing with Perine in that screenshot where he had 152 carries with a long of 6 and still managed 15 touchdowns as well.
Old 07-03-2018, 10:14 PM   #3
Pro

Devaster's Arena

I've seen that happen a few times. And I do agree the rushing TD's being scored are abnormally high when compared to today's NFL. But I'm seeing something a bit different. Imagine that same list sorted by rush TD's and all the top players are backups with low YPC. The starters aren't injured, but the backups are scoring all the rush TD's.

And also very few with runs over 20 yards like you mention.
Old 07-04-2018, 01:50 AM   #4
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Simplistic rotation system and horrible stat gen. Almost every 1st down is a run, almost every run is 4 yards. A long drive will always tire out HB1 so once they hit the redzone, HB2 is in.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 07-04-2018, 02:03 AM   #5
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Simplistic rotation system and horrible stat gen. Almost every 1st down is a run, almost every run is 4 yards. A long drive will always tire out HB1 so once they hit the redzone, HB2 is in.

That is disappointing. That is why I really miss the sliders that used to exist back in M13 I think where you could determine the percentage of carries RB1 and RB2 were going to get.

Is there any way to fix this issue by adjusting sliders? Lower fatigue? I'm fine with re-adjusting sliders for the games I play against the CPU. But the rest of the simmed stuff would be great if it were more accurate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2018, 07:17 AM   #6
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
Has anyone else noticed how the RB2's on most CPU-controlled teams are scoring all the rushing TD's for their backfields? I'll see the CPU teams have their RB2's often in double digits for rush TD's and the starters rarely breaking the double digit mark.

I also find it odd that all the change of pace RB2's tend to have really crappy YPC. Often in the 2-3 YPC range. Is it somehow programmed into the simulation of the stats that the RB2's are taking all of the short yardage and GL plunges? It would help explain all the RB2's scoring the rush TD's and the poor YPC.

I really miss the sliders where you could set the percentage of carries for the RB2.
Is this the Beta? Could be an issue with the goalline back depth chart position with those guys getting all the rush TDs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 07-04-2018, 07:19 AM   #7
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Also one of the many reasons I only play online franchise. Seeing backs with 35 TDs doesn't bother me if it's another user doing it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 07-04-2018, 08:25 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
It's one of the biggest issues with sim stats. I had a thread a while back going over sim stats and pretty much every season there was almost 200 more rushing touchdowns than the most ever in an NFL season and it's in large part due to this kind of thing. Every year there'd be situations like this:

where players would have a small amount of low carries and yards but a ton of touchdowns. The rushing sim stats are just overall really weird all around. I super simmed a whole season when I was testing and my running back ran for over 1000 yards but had a long run of 5 yards and you see the same kind of thing with Perine in that screenshot where he had 152 carries with a long of 6 and still managed 15 touchdowns as well.

I dont know why they dont pay you or just read every post you make.

You should be running cfm.

You do their work for them!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »