Home

Ankle Pick takedown

This is a discussion on Ankle Pick takedown within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-03-2018, 03:42 PM   #1
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Ankle Pick takedown

In before everyone incessantly complains about how OP it is. It's the first legitimate takedown option we've had and gives purpose to the push kick and push mechanic.

I think it's totally fine as is. If it's nerfed at all it'll just be another useless animation like the over/under cage entry. Once you're at a certain distance you just anticipate that your opponent will go for it and get the denial.

Last edited by Find_the_Door; 07-03-2018 at 03:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2018, 03:47 PM   #2
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ankle Pick takedown

Although I haven't tested out the new patch, I'm hopeful that they won't determine all these cool new changes are now OP and nerf them lol

FTD --- what do you think about the new Double Leg and Single Leg denial windows (based on opponent's movement)? Does that tweak help make those takedowns more viable if setup properly, or is it not really a noticeable change?
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 07-03-2018, 03:49 PM   #3
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
Although I haven't tested out the new patch, I'm hopeful that they won't determine all these cool new changes are now OP and nerf them lol

FTD --- what do you think about the new Double Leg and Single Leg denial windows (based on opponent's movement)? Does that tweak help make those takedowns more viable if setup properly, or is it not really a noticeable change?
Not really - I still have guys denying it just before it fills up. Not to mention have guys mid headkick denying takedowns still.
Old 07-03-2018, 03:49 PM   #4
Rookie

People are already blocking it against me, and it's not too hard to anticipate because the range is pretty specific. I think it's fine but we'll see over time. I do feel like single and doubles are easier too, which is great. Love the changes so far.
Old 07-03-2018, 03:52 PM   #5
MVP

The only problem I have with the ankle pick is that it's harder to to deny than a regular takedown which is backwards. It's a longer range takedown that is harder to deny that puts you into a better ground position and I think it's kinda weird for it to be clearly the best option.

I don't have an opinion yet on whether it's OP, but it does seem like a weird choice
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2018, 03:55 PM   #6
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Not really - I still have guys denying it just before it fills up. Not to mention have guys mid headkick denying takedowns still.
Hmmm OK...well hopefully it makes a difference on the margin but still sounds like it may not have gone far enough.

I really wish there were more 'undeniable takedowns' in-game. i.e. the mid-headkick you mention; or if one fighter has 90% stamina vs. someone who just whiffed a 4-strike combo and has 30% stamina....assuming relatively equal TD and TDD stats...the 30% stamina guy should have no TD denial window with such a stamina discrepancy.

Oh, and of course no more being able to switch between TD and Clinch Denials in the middle of the sequence!!! That is a change that's really needed.

I'm glad we're heading in the right direction though, glad to see grappling and TDs get some love!!
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 07-03-2018, 04:10 PM   #7
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
I think they just need to make td's auto in those situations. If a guy gets shot on mid high kick with his leg in the air, the td should just be automatic similar to how it is with the spinning strikes.
Old 07-03-2018, 04:11 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
I think they just need to make td's auto in those situations. If a guy gets shot on mid high kick with his leg in the air, the td should just be automatic similar to how it is with the spinning strikes.
Unless there’s like a +5 gap in TDD vs TD rating

I’ve seen a couple guys defend TD’s mid kick in real life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »