Home

MLB Power Pros 2018 Roster Update PS2

This is a discussion on MLB Power Pros 2018 Roster Update PS2 within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-18-2018, 08:00 AM   #1
Rookie

robhallett's Arena

OVR: 2
MLB Power Pros 2018 Roster Update PS2

Today I release the MLB Power Pros 2018 Roster update for the Playstation 2.

I apologise for the delay. I've attached 2 files. One is a maxdrive File, and the other is for those who can just transfer the file onto their PS2 with a flashdrive. With maxdrive just move your file to the maxdrive pendrive, then uncrush it to your memory card. Just winrar the file. And use the file that is applicable to you. In addition, the file contains free agents for the season. All free Agents have been edited (correct birthdays) and each has a light blue armband. If you want these free agents in your season, then do not restore them or they will revert back to the players on the original disc. The salaries on this file are not the same as what the player makes in real life, but they are different to the player edited. I have done things different to Jag's work in that I edited each player on a roster, then edited their birthdates and playing years. Each Player has the correct amount of years that each has played. If they missed a year, it wasn't included. Only those players who had not played a game prior to 2018, are counted as rookies. I hope everyone on PS2 enjoys the rosters and if the popularity is there, I will release further updates. All players on each team have been hex edited to MLB life players so they will have the light blue bar underneath, the free agents though have the dark blue for edited players. When starting the season just place the arrange team over the MLB team you are replacing to use that team in season. Rotations and batting linups I did set according to MLB depthcahrts, though there is some players on teams that are now not with them. I apologise for this oversight, and will update in future editions.

Version 1.0 2018

Correct Birthdates
Correct Positions
Player edits are based off Jag and AgentP's work with a few players that may be different
Hot/cold map zones updated accurately (as per Brooks baseball)
Positions reflect those played recently (last 3 Years)
Likenesses based upon closest fit where possible
Players in the arrange teams do not reflect the stats or salary of the player that was edited to make them

Further updates in future - some are prospective

Contract updates accurately
Team name edits for in-game teams
Teams updated to full 40 man rosters
Attached Files
File Type: rar MLB PP 2018 Roster Saves.rar (311.2 KB, 52 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2018, 01:46 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB Power Pros 2018 Roster Update PS2

Robhallett,
Let me be the first (really, it's been 3 weeks) to thank you for all of your hard work on these rosters. The Power Pros series is my absolute favorite and I look forward to interjecting this update.

Side thought: Is anyone else perplexed as to why Sony (who released so much junk on the PSP) couldn't see fit to releasing one single edition of MLB Power Pros (in English) on the system?
Old 07-11-2018, 08:19 PM   #3
Rookie

robhallett's Arena

Your welcome. I was hoping that I would receive feedback eventually. I would like to know how they play, season mode they’re fairly accurate I find but others may find it different. Hope you enjoy the rosters
Old 08-14-2018, 07:12 AM   #4
Rookie

robhallett's Arena

As promised in the next few weeks I will be releasing Version 1.1 of the MLB 08 PP roster update for 2018. As part of the update the following will be included:
- 40 man rosters these will be reflective of the trade-deadline deals, new call-ups and updated depth charts.
- Players updated (rookies that have played this season), hot/cold zones
- If there is interest from people, then I can email or post a roster update with players on the default rosters. These would be limited to the roster spots each team has on their default roster and would also allow people to move the 'major' players to other rosters (fantasy leagues, changing rosters during a season etc)
Old 08-14-2018, 10:04 AM   #5
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20

amazing! thank you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2018, 09:29 AM   #6
Rookie

robhallett's Arena

Hey Guys
Finally I have for you version 1.1. It has taken a while longer than I had fathomed mainly because of a corrupt memory card and trades around the 31st July. This roster update has more players within each team. A few other additional features:
* the 2018 All-Star Teams are updated and can be chosen as an arrange team.
* Trades are completed as per the trade deadline
* Roster is updated as of 4th September 2018
* Rookie players and other players performing better or worse than usual is reflected
* Updated Free Agent List
* Lineups current as per MLB Depth Charts as of 4th September
Unfortunately, true 40 man rosters were not really possible without taking out the injured players from some teams. This would have meant some star players not on those teams which would affect the overall game play. But where possible I have tried to keep the players as close to the 40 man as possible.
Hope you guys enjoy the roster

The File contains a maxdrive save and another save for those who have free MCBoot
Attached Files
File Type: rar MLB PP 2018 Roster Saves v1.1.rar (335.4 KB, 55 views)
Old 02-12-2019, 12:39 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thanks, robhallett.

Glad you are keeping MLB PP alive, since Nintendo won't.
Old 03-17-2019, 10:51 AM   #8
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20

Any plans to make a 2019 roster update? Would be pretty cool. Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »