Home

I am so disappointed in the Show controls. PLEASE HELP.

This is a discussion on I am so disappointed in the Show controls. PLEASE HELP. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-10-2018, 11:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I am so disappointed in the Show controls. PLEASE HELP.

I am a long time gamer with MLB the Show, but this year, after having played a bit, I put the game down for some time, and now I'm back.

However, I am having all sorts of issues with the baserunning now, and also players diving and not easily being able to change between defenders going toward an outfield batted ball.

I don't see any options that will really help me with my baserunning. I never needed any help with it before, but now it seems to be a situation where slow runners on the Mariners will take off ALL THE TIME. I get picked off about 4 times a game before I shut the game off. It's absolutely incredible and maddening. I don't ever hit the buttons to have these guys leave. And I only have the baserunning set to ASSIST rather than AUTO.

What is the deal with the game? It's super buggy in this way, and when I bought it the opening weekend this year, it didn't seem to do this then!!

PLEASE HELP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2018, 11:57 PM   #2
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

Re: I am so disappointed in the Show controls. PLEASE HELP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalship
I am a long time gamer with MLB the Show, but this year, after having played a bit, I put the game down for some time, and now I'm back.

However, I am having all sorts of issues with the baserunning now, and also players diving and not easily being able to change between defenders going toward an outfield batted ball.

I don't see any options that will really help me with my baserunning. I never needed any help with it before, but now it seems to be a situation where slow runners on the Mariners will take off ALL THE TIME. I get picked off about 4 times a game before I shut the game off. It's absolutely incredible and maddening. I don't ever hit the buttons to have these guys leave. And I only have the baserunning set to ASSIST rather than AUTO.

What is the deal with the game? It's super buggy in this way, and when I bought it the opening weekend this year, it didn't seem to do this then!!

PLEASE HELP
This is really strange and i have never seen anything like this. It really sounds l like youre either accidentally hitting something (unlikely) or controller's L2 button is malfunctioning.

Players never take off on their own. If you are taking an extra lead and getting picked off that is one thing, but what you are experiencing does not sound like that.

I dont think the game is buggy in that way, ive played over 200 games total.

How many different controllers have you tried? Are you experiencing it with other controllers?
Old 06-11-2018, 01:14 PM   #3
Rookie

Thanks a bunch. It's really strange. It seems to happen with multiple controllers, and I know enough about how to steal that this is just shocking to see runners taking off as they do. It would sure seem as if the directional buttons or L2 is being held down always, or something. It's so odd.

I'll have to look into it further about the controllers or something else. Thanks for your help!
Old 06-11-2018, 01:20 PM   #4
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalship
Thanks a bunch. It's really strange. It seems to happen with multiple controllers, and I know enough about how to steal that this is just shocking to see runners taking off as they do. It would sure seem as if the directional buttons or L2 is being held down always, or something. It's so odd.

I'll have to look into it further about the controllers or something else. Thanks for your help!
No problem, update back because im curious what it was
Old 06-12-2018, 09:13 AM   #5
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

This is very strange. I've never had my runners go unless I tell them to, and I've played around 80 or 90 games so far this year. It may be a missing or corrupted file. I don't think you can verify game files on the PS4 so that means a reinstall. It might also be an issue with your PS4. Have you been playing other games? Any issues?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »