Home

Overeem's chin. . .

This is a discussion on Overeem's chin. . . within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-09-2018, 10:06 PM   #1
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Overeem's chin. . .

Alistair stopped again yet has an 88 chin . . . easily the worst chin in the history of the division yet in this game he has one of the better chins? There's a legitimate case that Alistair's chin could be 80-81!

He has a better chin than Nogueira (85) who's only been ko'd 3 times compared to Alistair's what 15 now??? Not to mention Werdum has only been ko'd three times has an 89 chin? Yet Nogueira's is still an 85?

Keep in mind neither Werdum or Overeem were known for being able to take a punch for the duration of their career's like Nogueira was.

So what's the deal here - does someone at EA just despise the Nogueira brothers? Heck even Lil Nog only has an 84 chin despite being ko'd 3 times and his sub defense and offense is worse than Dana White despite never being submitted?

Also JDS needs a massive nerf - he hasn't been that complete of a fighter at any point of his career.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2018, 01:57 AM   #2
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Re: Overeem's chin. . .

Feel free to list any other ratings here that are completely backwards.
Old 06-10-2018, 05:06 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

Mendes has a stamina rating of 87 even tho he went 5 rds with Aldo
Old 06-10-2018, 05:58 AM   #4
MVP

Little Nog is kinda shot at this point, while 84 is a bit low its not unreasonable given how's he's looked outside of the Cummins fight, and I love Nog. With that said I really wouldn't be adverse to a slight chin buff to him and machida (86 and 88 respectively)

As for Big Nog/Reem. I'm all on that train. And Reem is indeed now suffered 12 MMA KO's and I believe 4 kickboxing KO's to Nogs 3.

As for crazy off stats, Marlon Moraes standup has been whack since launch imo, but now there is plenty of justification for it being whack.

Gilbert Burns could use more power still, Dan Hooker could still use buffs.

And I posted an Essay on how Jan B should buffed significantly on the feet to the stat change thread after the Manuwa fight (as there is a 9pt average gap in their standup, which there CERTAINLY wasn't in their recent fight)

Last edited by AeroZeppelin27; 06-10-2018 at 06:51 AM.
Old 06-10-2018, 07:41 AM   #5
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
Little Nog is kinda shot at this point, while 84 is a bit low its not unreasonable given how's he's looked outside of the Cummins fight, and I love Nog. With that said I really wouldn't be adverse to a slight chin buff to him and machida (86 and 88 respectively)

As for Big Nog/Reem. I'm all on that train. And Reem is indeed now suffered 12 MMA KO's and I believe 4 kickboxing KO's to Nogs 3.

As for crazy off stats, Marlon Moraes standup has been whack since launch imo, but now there is plenty of justification for it being whack.

Gilbert Burns could use more power still, Dan Hooker could still use buffs.

And I posted an Essay on how Jan B should buffed significantly on the feet to the stat change thread after the Manuwa fight (as there is a 9pt average gap in their standup, which there CERTAINLY wasn't in their recent fight)
I also think that Volkov's defensive grappling is a bit underrated. I wish we could have multiple ground stats like:

Guard:

How effective an fighters full guard is as far as sweeps, posture control, submissions. Example if an opponent has a poor top game in a fighters guard that's good their meter will slowly fill when trying to posture.

Half Guard:

How effective an fighters half guard is as far as sweeps, posture control, submissions. Example if an opponent has a poor top game in a fighters half guard that's good their meter will slowly fill when trying to posture.

Guard Passing:

Simply how proficient the top fighter is at passing an opponents guard. If they're not great guard passers then they'll struggle to do a straight pass to half guard from a full guard without posturing first.

Offensive grappling:

Affects how proficient both the top and bottom player are at offensive transitions. This rating does not apply to sweeps and applies to transitions outside of the full/half guard.

Defensive grappling:

Affects how proficient both the top and bottom player are at denying transitions (and maintaining their position). This rating does not apply to sweeps and applies to passes outside of the guard.

Top pressure:

This affects how much stamina drain the opponent suffers when postured. This also affects how difficult it is to get swept. Affects speed of postured up transition.

Reversal:

Ability to use momentum to sweep the opponent. A fighter with a high enough rating here will have an easier time securing top position off of well timed denials, and will be able to better execute sweeps.

GnP Power:

Power of ground and pound strikes (move levels should also be added to further differentiate).

GnP accuracy:

How accurate a fighter is with their ground and pound strikes. Not every strike should hit flush and clean.

Of course with this being implemented guard would be a very desirable place to be for some fighters. A pull guard mechanic would be a necessity.

This would also better differentiate fighters to feel more unique within the current confines of the existing system.

It would make it to where a guy like Cormier isn't doing Werdum sweeps off his back by timing a denial, but will be have added bonuses for securing and maintaining top position..

Heck I'm gonna make a post out of this

Edit: Post here https://forums.operationsports.com/f...32&postcount=1

Last edited by Find_the_Door; 06-10-2018 at 07:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2018, 10:13 AM   #6
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Alistair stopped again yet has an 88 chin . . . easily the worst chin in the history of the division yet in this game he has one of the better chins? There's a legitimate case that Alistair's chin could be 80-81!

He has a better chin than Nogueira (85) who's only been ko'd 3 times compared to Alistair's what 15 now??? Not to mention Werdum has only been ko'd three times has an 89 chin? Yet Nogueira's is still an 85?

Keep in mind neither Werdum or Overeem were known for being able to take a punch for the duration of their career's like Nogueira was.

So what's the deal here - does someone at EA just despise the Nogueira brothers? Heck even Lil Nog only has an 84 chin despite being ko'd 3 times and his sub defense and offense is worse than Dana White despite never being submitted?

Also JDS needs a massive nerf - he hasn't been that complete of a fighter at any point of his career.
I'll admit it. It was me. I purposely lowered the Nog brothers because of an altercation I had with them in 1993.

Also, dont compare fighters to fantasy characters like White.

Valid points other than that even though this practically the same post youve made over and over again. So if we drop Overeem chin (which likely wouldve happened because of the loss) will you be happy? Or is this just another Nog post under the vail of a Overeem nerf thread?
Old 06-10-2018, 10:32 AM   #7
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

Arlovski's chin was definitely proven to be better than an 84 last night. Show an old Pitbull some love.
Old 06-10-2018, 10:41 AM   #8
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowingForVengeance
Arlovski's chin was definitely proven to be better than an 84 last night. Show an old Pitbull some love.

I need to watch the fight with that said his history hurts him a bit. He’s been ko’d by every heavy hitter he’s faced in the last 10 yrs ( Fedor, Rogers, Kharitonov, Stipe, Francis, Overeem) and was rocked in the Browne fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »