Home

MLB The Show 18 Patch 1.11 Available, Patch Notes Included

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 18 Patch 1.11 Available, Patch Notes Included within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-07-2018, 01:42 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
MLB The Show 18 Patch 1.11 Available, Patch Notes Included

https://theshownation.com/news/10017...notes-extended

Now THAT is how you communicate. Even breaking out the dev tools to show us exactly what the difference is in how the game ticks. Just for that alone (regardless of what my opinions are of the changes),

We'll see how the PCI stuff goes - I know the competitive crowd will love that they're being rewarded more for good PCI placement but I'm already pretty happy with the contact quality I'm getting offline - I'm about to wrap up my first RTTS AA season where I'm hitting .330 - ish on Legend. Can always tweak sliders if I suddenly start knocking the cover off the ball even more - I think solid hits would be the counter to this change in gameplay.

If the game is giving a more "true" outcome for hit types after this patch then it's probably a better change in the long run IMO. I mean, to look at their example of a piped 4SFB with the PCI right in the middle of it generating a hard grounder instead of a line drive is pretty silly. In that sense, this change makes a lot of sense.

The fielding fixes OTOH will be huge for anyone playing the game. That jog toward the ball in particular has been a thorn in my side since release.

Last edited by bcruise; 06-07-2018 at 01:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2018, 02:08 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: 1.11 Tomorrow, Link to Detailed Patch Notes included

I wonder how this will play out on Directional.

Should be interesting considering the PCI placement is RNG. Will it balance out or increase overall offense?

No jogging is great.

So is the urgency on DPs though I'm guessing that would impact more the manual fielding users.
Old 06-07-2018, 02:24 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I wonder how this will play out on Directional.

Should be interesting considering the PCI placement is RNG. Will it balance out or increase overall offense?

No jogging is great.

So is the urgency on DPs though I'm guessing that would impact more the manual fielding users.
My guess (and this is ONLY a guess) is that will probably balance itself out for directional. This line is why I think that:

Quote:
For an average skilled user, the bonuses should balance out with the penalties, but a more skilled user will see an increase in offense.
There's certainly some degree of skill to directional (hitting strategies, influencing and such), but I'm certain they're talking about PCI movement and the ability to center the PCI on the ball here. And that's something that cannot be done precisely with directional. So, I think the effect of this change for directional users will fall into what they're describing as the "average skilled user", and balance itself out with weaker-hit balls on left/right of the "PCI" hits. The ones who will see an offense bump from this IMO are the ones who can consistently center the PCI on the ball - and that's tough to do without using Zone.
Old 06-07-2018, 03:07 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Anticipating the results that will come from this new patch. Hopefully it will work as we want it to. I applaud the dev team for their hard work in trying to make things as best as they can with gameplay. The ebb and flow of each patch has been an interesting ride.
Old 06-07-2018, 06:31 AM   #5
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

This is what online needs. The regularity of good x weak outs when you have great PCI placement was hurting online. I hope this gives some added value to lower power guys with large PCI's. If it starts to guarantee some more line drives and better exit velo it's a game changer.

The fielding changes are also needed and welcomed. I believe the urgency they reference is the SS/2B making the throw from 2B to 1B. It was pretty common to see a throw just lobbed over to 1st. The running harder after balls in the outfield is a solid change as well.

I like everything I see in this patch

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2018, 08:05 AM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Maybe after this patch my team won't be dead last in the majors in batting average.

I'm curious to see how much of a change there is to hitting after this patch. I honestly don't think its going to be significant change, but will be a noticeable change.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-07-2018, 08:52 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 0

I wish all games would do a patch note blog, video beats the written word all day errr day.
Old 06-07-2018, 09:15 AM   #8
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0

Was hoping to see A ball players put back in the PLAYER MOVEMENT screen (PM’d the devs), but they didn’t do it. Beyond me why they were removed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »