Home

Thoughts on a "Wear It" Feature?

This is a discussion on Thoughts on a "Wear It" Feature? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-05-2018, 11:33 AM   #1
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13
Thoughts on a "Wear It" Feature?

There have been many times where in late innings, down by a run or two, I've had a player jump out of the way of a ball that would hit him. I was thinking it would be cool (as a smaller immersion feature) to be able to press L1 or something like that at the plate, much like a swing, to force the player to turn his shoulder and wear the pitch. Given this is something that happens IRL all of the time, I think it would be an awesome small feature to push immersion even more. Any thoughts on this?

PS. Before the "bigger issues" posts come flooding in, I'm not suggesting this in place of more serious updates to future iterations of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2018, 12:13 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Thoughts on a "Wear It" Feature?

I often see my players dodge a ball that might clip them on the elbow guard or foot and I'm like, just take one for the team and get on base!

I wonder if you try and check swing early enough during those instances if you can break the bailout animation and lock into the check swing animation and just wear one that way.
Old 06-05-2018, 12:39 PM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBlue
I often see my players dodge a ball that might clip them on the elbow guard or foot and I'm like, just take one for the team and get on base!

I wonder if you try and check swing early enough during those instances if you can break the bailout animation and lock into the check swing animation and just wear one that way.
You can as I've done that many times.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-05-2018, 01:45 PM   #4
Rookie

It won’t be a feature because it’s against MLB rules. They rarely enforce it, but the rule says you have to attempt to get out of the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-05-2018, 01:56 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidBream
It won’t be a feature because it’s against MLB rules. They rarely enforce it, but the rule says you have to attempt to get out of the way.

The rules say you are not allowed to throw at a batter, but the video game allows that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2018, 02:01 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBlue
The rules say you are not allowed to throw at a batter, but the video game allows that.

It’s actually harder to hit a guy in the game than it is in real life. I’m sure if they could limit it any more, they would. But throwing a pitch is sort of essential in a baseball game. A button that makes your hitter take a pitch in the back is not.

Old 06-05-2018, 02:10 PM   #7
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

Quote:

Beaning players in the head is against the rules too but it can be done. Might get your pitcher tossed but you can do it. Lol. But i agree with you i dont think this will ever be a feature. There would also be no incentive to get out of the way like in real life. I think a feature like this would be difficult to get right, although the idea is cool.

Besides, there are bigger issues that need to be addressed. There are more serious updates that need to be made to future iterations of the game....

(That last paragraph is a joke)

Last edited by NolanRyansSnowmonkey; 06-05-2018 at 02:17 PM.
Old 06-05-2018, 02:13 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
It’s actually harder to hit a guy in the game than it is in real life. I’m sure if they could limit it any more, they would. But throwing a pitch is sort of essential in a baseball game. A button that makes your hitter take a pitch in the back is not.

How about a bail out button then? If I see an inside pitch I should be able to press a button to protect my player from injury of being hit by a ball. If I don't press that button I deal with the consequences of maybe just getting my base, or taking a temporary ratings hit from the spot of the bruise/injury, to being lost for the game or longer with an injury.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »