Home

Knockouts (Ragdoll and Finish the Fight)

This is a discussion on Knockouts (Ragdoll and Finish the Fight) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: Are you satisfiyed with the current KO system?
Yes 7 7.69%
No 80 87.91%
Other 4 4.40%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-31-2018, 04:09 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Knockouts (Ragdoll and Finish the Fight)

I think we can all agree this patch was a good one. A lot of work clearly was involved with it. But I'd be lying if I said it breathed a ton of new life into the game for me personally. And I know exactly why it doesn't.

The finishes of fights just don't do anything for me. To me the best part about EA UFC 2 was the KO system. It felt like a reward. In UFC 3, it feels like its just there. No ragdoll, no finish the fight, still has a weird camera fixation on the KOed fighter. It just does not feel satisfying, and thats a damn shame because so many other things are done better than EA UFC 2.

Honestly at this point if the game just reached the same quality in this department as EA UFC 2, I'd be happy. Originally I had hoped for even better things than UFC 2, but have since realized this aspect of the game is not a priority to most people. I find myself patch notes after patch notes frantically looking to see something mention adjustments to KOs or adding some sort of finish the fight after KOs into the game. Another month down it would seem.

So I ask the general community, are YOU satisfied with the current KO system? If not, feel free to discuss your specific issues with it, whether that be physics, camera fix, finish the fight, or something else.

Bonus gif (I just had this happen to me, Manawa AI knocked me down and finished me, but the animation got stuck in a pretty cool way. Almost looked like a new TKO position):

I wish more random stuff like this ^ happened more often. Would spice up the finishes a lot and make things feel more dynamic.

Edit: Sorry about typo in Poll title, can't edit it apparently.

Last edited by Reinfarcements; 06-01-2018 at 12:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2018, 04:17 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Knockouts (Ragdoll and Finish the Fight)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinfarcements
I think we can all agree this patch was a good one. A lot of work clearly was involved with it. But I'd be lying if I said it breathed a ton of new life into the game for me personally. And I know exactly why it doesn't.

The finishes of fights just don't do anything for me. To me the best part about EA UFC 2 was the KO system. It felt like a reward. In UFC 3, it feels like its just there. No ragdoll, no finish the fight, still has a weird camera fixation on the KOed fighter. It just does not feel satisfying, and thats a damn shame because so many other things are done better than EA UFC 2.

Honestly at this point if the game just reached the same quality in this department as EA UFC 2, I'd be happy. Originally I had hoped for even better things than UFC 2, but have since realized this aspect of the game is not a priority to most people. I find myself patch notes after patch notes frantically looking to see something mention adjustments to KOs or adding some sort of finish the fight after KOs into the game. Another month down it would seem.

So I ask the general community, are YOU satisfied with the current KO system? If not, feel free to discuss your specific issues with it, whether that be physics, camera fix, finish the fight, or something else.

Bonus gif (I just had this happen to me, Manawa AI knocked me down and finished me, but the animation got stuck in a pretty cool way. Almost looked like a new TKO position):

I wish more random stuff like this ^ happened more often. Would spice up the finishes a lot and make things feel more dynamic.
I wish the fighters would actually block their face when they first fall down during a FTF moment, It looks really weird when they lay there in the fetal postition getting punched then miraculously recover
Old 05-31-2018, 05:22 PM   #3
Banned

Rolltide1980's Arena

I'm mostly in agreeance with you. I've yet to try out the new patch yet but soon as I get off work its on. Overall I think UFC 3 is a pretty great game, I definitely think the stand up has been improved upon vastly over UFC......which is why its soooo damn puzzling why they went a step backwards in the KO/TKO/ FTF scenarios. The ragdoll KOs in UFC 2 were absolutely without a shadow of doubt THE biggest thing to me in that game. I have so many highlight reel KOs eating up space in my hard drive, and when I was looking thru my videos I realized I only had 4 videos for UFC 3, and only 2 of those videos were finishes. Why would you take out arguably the best aspect of your previous game and replace it with something that is so subpar. I strongly say I am not trashing this game, I still love all the improvements they've done and I really cant wait to get some time in on this game post patch, but it's something that I agree with you on,it takes away a ton of immersion and fun with the removal of those awesome ragdoll KOs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-31-2018, 05:36 PM   #4
Banned

Zeta Reticulan1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinfarcements

Along with ragdoll KOs, they also removed 360 degree head movement!
I want BOTH back!
Old 06-01-2018, 03:25 AM   #5
Rookie

I'm glad I didn't have to make this thread people act like I'm a ragdoll troll I just know what this game needs.they act like this isn't a problem an this post has zero votes to keep it the same.can we please get a Dev or gamechanger to come in one of these threads...we all want a answer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2018, 09:55 AM   #6
Rookie

nah we need ragdoll back.

and ACTUAL TKO's, if you're gonna keep this " finish the fight " then the opponent needs the ability to block like in Undisputed 3, not just lay there unconcious then suddenly wake up.

i just don't understand how an MMA game doesn't have actual TKO's, if you get knocked down you should be able to block, but still be able to lose by TKO if they keep punching, just like Undisputed 3, and yknow... real life.
Old 06-01-2018, 10:11 AM   #7
Rookie

Millhouse's Arena

Do not ignore this.
#ragdollornothing
Old 06-01-2018, 10:25 AM   #8
Pro

LarsP's Arena

I actually prefer realist TKO's over ragdoll at this moment. I don't play that much atm, so the repetitive KO animations don't bother me too much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »