Home

Can we just get rid of "spamming" entirely?

This is a discussion on Can we just get rid of "spamming" entirely? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-23-2018, 12:11 PM   #1
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

OVR: 0
Can we just get rid of "spamming" entirely?

For years when you're driving to the paint, it's not based on rating, or badges, or timing, it's spam steal or blocks. Then these people quite often can block you on the way down when you pump fake. They've ACTUALLY conceded the easy basket in any version of real life basketball 95% of the time.

The reason why people complain about defense is because they don't play it most of the time. I can have perfect position even on my pure athletic and even when i GET the standing contact dunk, they can spam out of it.

When you try and time blocks or steals it's actually punished. Those who spam are frequently successful.

This just needs to go away.

Forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2018, 12:44 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Can we just get rid of "spamming" entirely?

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
For years when you're driving to the paint, it's not based on rating, or badges, or timing, it's spam steal or blocks. Then these people quite often can block you on the way down when you pump fake. They've ACTUALLY conceded the easy basket in any version of real life basketball 95% of the time.

The reason why people complain about defense is because they don't play it most of the time. I can have perfect position even on my pure athletic and even when i GET the standing contact dunk, they can spam out of it.

When you try and time blocks or steals it's actually punished. Those who spam are frequently successful.

Forever.

PREACH!!!!!!!!!!!! The main thing 2k should focus on going forward is making GOOD defense matter and punishing bad defenders. Then also get rid of the cheese animations that people use to exploit the game.BUT FOCUS ON MAKING GOOD DEFENSE MATTER
Old 05-23-2018, 01:19 PM   #3
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

Forever.
You posted months ago you started or spoke of this spamming thing in another thread. And because I never seen it used on me. I started to try and do the same thing you mention. I tired spamming for about 2-3 weeks. And it wasn't successful at all. I got more fouls and made baskets vs me.

And we are talking about Post defense right?
Old 05-23-2018, 01:35 PM   #4
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
You posted months ago you started or spoke of this spamming thing in another thread. And because I never seen it used on me. I started to try and do the same thing you mention. I tired spamming for about 2-3 weeks. And it wasn't successful at all. I got more fouls and made baskets vs me.

And we are talking about Post defense right?
So you've never been trapped by a user and seen his hand flutter in the wind 10 times in a row with no consequence until the ball comes out?

You've never done it and been successful not once? I play completely right stick defense only, i NEVER hit square and i pop the ball loose and I'm not doing anything but hands up. I get loose balls all the time. Not nearly as much as I'd like, but this is never the conversation. It's always "this never happens to me".

Lowkey jeebs is a spammer trying to play it off. Lol jk man

We've had threads about getting spammed in the post and doubled constantly, you're not getting the point. You can't just go waving your hands around being squeamish on defense. You jump to early that's a dunk. You jump too late, that's a dunk. You shouldn't get 8 tries before i finish my first. Stop it, jeebs.
Old 05-23-2018, 02:12 PM   #5
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
So you've never been trapped by a user and seen his hand flutter in the wind 10 times in a row with no consequence until the ball comes out?

You've never done it and been successful not once? I play completely right stick defense only, i NEVER hit square and i pop the ball loose and I'm not doing anything but hands up. I get loose balls all the time. Not nearly as much as I'd like, but this is never the conversation. It's always "this never happens to me".

Lowkey jeebs is a spammer trying to play it off. Lol jk man

We've had threads about getting spammed in the post and doubled constantly, you're not getting the point. You can't just go waving your hands around being squeamish on defense. You jump to early that's a dunk. You jump too late, that's a dunk. You shouldn't get 8 tries before i finish my first. Stop it, jeebs.
This what I'm saying...Your post is a little confusing. Are we talking about spamming the steal button or spamming the block button?.....

Let me give a example. Below is a recent game I played vs a Warriors user. I have Cousins in the post vs McGee. I spin move into the lane and pump fake. Get him in the air. And then I'm going up as he's going down. I get blocked. In that moment. I thought that's not fair. But watching it second time around. I should of gone up with the other hand or a step thru layup.

I'm just trying to figure out the exact situation your talking about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2018, 03:24 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
This what I'm saying...Your post is a little confusing. Are we talking about spamming the steal button or spamming the block button?.....

Let me give a example. Below is a recent game I played vs a Warriors user. I have Cousins in the post vs McGee. I spin move into the lane and pump fake. Get him in the air. And then I'm going up as he's going down. I get blocked. In that moment. I thought that's not fair. But watching it second time around. I should of gone up with the other hand or a step thru layup.

I'm just trying to figure out the exact situation your talking about.
I think the problem is that it's very hard to control exactly what you want to do in the post compared to everything else. Yes you should have went up with the other hand, but where else in 2k are people punished for not being perfect, with imperfect controls? PGs dribble directly into people and don't lose the ball, and in your situation specifically you would have probably been forced to a mini fade away to the right as the step through animation takes too long compared to real life.

In real basketball as soon as McGee came off of his feet cousin's body would have been moving to the right for a quick off the backboard layup that would have been impossible for McGee to recover against. A lot of this appears to be due to the inability to use your body as protection for layups in 2k. You can see it all the time where a player is under the rim and uses his butt to create separation and do a little layup off the backboard.

Overall it feels like in the post you need to get lucky vs the rest of 2k.

If I want to pull an up and under, I have to fake the fadeaway and just make the assumption that the guy is going to bite on it due to the long animation times and lack of quick layups.

Go watch Greg Monroe (highlights?) and you'll see that we cannot pull off half of the stuff he does in the post.
Old 05-23-2018, 06:47 PM   #7
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemthethriller
I think the problem is that it's very hard to control exactly what you want to do in the post compared to everything else. Yes you should have went up with the other hand, but where else in 2k are people punished for not being perfect, with imperfect controls? PGs dribble directly into people and don't lose the ball, and in your situation specifically you would have probably been forced to a mini fade away to the right as the step through animation takes too long compared to real life.

In real basketball as soon as McGee came off of his feet cousin's body would have been moving to the right for a quick off the backboard layup that would have been impossible for McGee to recover against. A lot of this appears to be due to the inability to use your body as protection for layups in 2k. You can see it all the time where a player is under the rim and uses his butt to create separation and do a little layup off the backboard.

Overall it feels like in the post you need to get lucky vs the rest of 2k.

If I want to pull an up and under, I have to fake the fadeaway and just make the assumption that the guy is going to bite on it due to the long animation times and lack of quick layups.

Go watch Greg Monroe (highlights?) and you'll see that we cannot pull off half of the stuff he does in the post.
I use to think the same thing. The post moves are too slow. But I think there is method to the madness people have been complaining about for the last 3 years. I explained this in another thread. 2k is going towards a e sport style game. Where there are checks and balances for everything. Obviously the Guards have an advantage because of the hip riding animation this year. It's why most users go to move is the spin move (baseline). It's the quickest move. And most users defender can't react quick enough. Because paint points are too easy and have no skill (letting an animation take over and score.) 2K had to make the post game more of a patient waking game. There so many more details that people don't notice.

I'm trying to make this short. But imagine a user using Stephen Curry. He has to do a some dribble moves (which is a skill) to get open. And then she he finally gets open he now has to time his release. While the post has to different because it's the paint. If you make everything a layup timing it would get bad really fast (it would be too quick). That's why the post game is all about bring patient. Just because your player is rated 99 in everything. You shouldn't make everything. This where the users skill comes in.

The post up game is about making space and getting open.

Yes it's true. You can't play like Moose or Z-Bo

One of my biggest complains is Shaq turn around hook shot (when he finishes going towards the right shoulder with the right hand). It's by far the slowest move in the game. But if you watch Shaqv in real life shot it. It's like quick floater lol.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2018, 06:48 PM   #8
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:

Forever.

Exactly

In the park just spam steal because i see nothing that proves that a non defensive archetype gets more steals if they time the steal over just spamming

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »