Home

LACK of TRUE TUTORIAL and HIDDEN Meta is the MAIN problem of EA UFC 3

This is a discussion on LACK of TRUE TUTORIAL and HIDDEN Meta is the MAIN problem of EA UFC 3 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-14-2018, 01:14 PM   #1
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

OVR: 0
LACK of TRUE TUTORIAL and HIDDEN Meta is the MAIN problem of EA UFC 3

Do you like EA UFC 3?

What is wrong with EA UFC 3?
.... Sway strike spam, Hard combos monotony, forward moving combos spam, Body spam now... what is wrong?

I am not going to discuss now DETAILS of DISBALANCED things in EA UFC3 and mechanics/input issues. For this many others including me made many threads. Hope some day Devs will hear us.

But NOW i want to ask you:
Do you know how to play right EA UFC3 using ALL its mechanics at its fullness?

I am sure nobody knows.

From EA UFC 1 to EA UFC 3 its META was growing geometrically.

To play it right you was needed to know this Meta as much as possible.

More knowledge of this Meta = more success in fights.

But the PROBLEM - is that this Meta was HIDDEN.

All tutorials in EA UFC 1-3 are max 5% of this Meta.

EA UFC 3 has THE WORST TUTORIAL EVER among ALL fighting games which i was played (tens of fighting games) - the tutorial is 10 2-3'' youtube videos, that is all!

HOW to gain access to this Meta? - ONLY by surfing OS forum and especially GPD's posts.

HOW many players are doing this? - maximum some tens.

HOW many players did it successfully? - very few, may be even no one.

BUT even then this is NOT ENOUGH... You need to understand, learn and accept and practice all this knowledge.

HOW to do this? Practice mode was evolved by Recording tool, but at the same time does not have some standard tools like RESET positions/state, accepting concrete needed position for ex, ground positions or near cage to train them.

MartalMind made a videos where he asking for returning Grappling to UD and asking for more simplicity of the grappling rules.
I respect him very much. He did amazing job for EA UFC.
And he is RIGHT - yes, IF we do NOT know how to play, do NOT know Meta, it is better to play arcadish simpler rules game than SIM which we dont know.
BUT
I learned and played all Undisputed games, and i am personally do NOT want to come back.
Why?
Grappling in UD was SEMI-AUTOMATIC - many features you do not control and they were under the hood.
Grappling in EA UFC is MANUAL as much as it is possible - and this is AWESOME! you can control nearly ALL aspects of grappling manually = SKILL and KNOWLEDGE decides the winner!

BUT
again we do NOT have Knowledge/Meta at its fullness.

So, what we need to do?

We have 2 ways:

1 way - SIMPLICITY - i do not like it personally.

2 way - INTEGRAL TUTORIAL - this is the what can help the game keep its authentical SIM COMPLEXITY and DEPTH and shine in online matches!
UD has it! EA UFC has NOT!

IMPORTANT! NOT COMPLEXITY /DIFFICULTY is the problem of EA UFC. Many games (like Virtua fighter, even Dead or Alive 5) has more Meta than EA UFC. But the lack of Integral tutorial - this it TRUE PROBLEM of the game, which needs to be fixed!
Integral tutorial will take you step-by-step holding your hand from 0 novice level to top pro level
__________________________________________________ __

> HOW TO DO IT:

INTEGRAL TUTORIAL - is the tutorial which consist from:
- has logical structure (Standup moving, standup striking, standup grappling, standup defense, standup tactics, standup psychology strategy, etc... Clinch, etc.... Ground etc)
- tens/hundreds of mini lessons, with follow up practice and then challenge with ranking score for EVERY lesson.
- describing not only nude mechanics but also tactics , VS tactics, strategy in every situation).
- must to be interactive as much as possible = more INTERESTING = more easy to remember and learn (self remembering)!

PRACTICE:

- it needs Reset button! I know that i am genius =)
- it needs ability to take immediately EVERY possible position (SUB or DOM) in the game (via Positions menu)
- it needs Vulnerability gauge
- it needs Striking advantage gauge (frame advantage)
- it need as many gauges as possible. Why? b/c gauge is a sophisticated way to self learning the game WITHOUT META.
- we need SAVE REPLAY function with possibility to turn all gauges later when launch replay video to analyze and learn it.

And IF you think that i am dreaming now, here are the examples of Integral tutorial from VF4 evolution and DOA5 :

Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9GJ...D02C04CA76F253

Dead or Alive 5 Last round playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgkZ...YRHkoVFcAGQ3aQ

RESULTS:

- do not need to explain on forum for tens players while thousands are missing.
- honorable equivalent possibilities for ALL players = sportsmanlike cybersport w/o advantage of knowing inside info from GPD's posts on OS forum = truly, this is like CHEATING.
- more challenging growing community
- less primitive options like spam and abuse b/c IF the game is balanced every move always has counter move
- less frustration from the game = more commercial success.

P.S. I am ending Meta compilation of EA UFC 3 - this is nearly 20.000 (twenty thousands words of pure context information! and all this Meta need to learn w/o interactive tutorial!) words while all text is very laconic and short. When ended i will post it here on OS. May be it will be helpful.
But i am very hoping to see someday Integral tutorial and Practice fixes from devs!

Last edited by SUGATA; 05-14-2018 at 03:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2018, 02:08 PM   #2
MVP

Re: LACK of TRUE TUTORIAL and HIDDEN Meta is the MAIN problem of EA UFC 3

True

Sent from my Infinix Zero 4 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-14-2018, 02:09 PM   #3
MVP

But most would argue ... unfortunately it fortunately , that why learn all this when I can press box and triangle repeatedly and then L1 and box and triangle

Old 05-14-2018, 02:19 PM   #4
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitfistssaipailo
But most would argue ... unfortunately it fortunately , that why learn all this when I can press box and triangle repeatedly and then L1 and box and triangle

People who think that are the people who need the tutorials more than anything because dealing with that is quite easy when you know how.
Old 05-14-2018, 02:23 PM   #5
MVP

I agree ...but the thing is everything I've learnt from this game isn't from the in game tutorials .

As a matter of fact most games don't this . I'm playing horizon zero Dawn and it teaches you how to shoot but not how to really craft .

Most people don't know about momentum transitions even tho they perform them . But UFC is a niche game ...

That being said there are a lot of beautiful animations in this game ...but eh

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2018, 02:41 PM   #6
Rookie

It's because the game was intended to be played a certain way and online players did the exact opposite by abusing the mechanics. This is why there seems to be a preference for offline play because you see how the game is meant to function.
Old 05-14-2018, 03:09 PM   #7
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Maybe EA's strategy is to allow the community to create "How To" videos on Youtube.....

Two birds w/ one stone, saves them $$$ and gets the community more involved.

If that is their strategy then they need to put a lot of resources behind promoting these community-generated videos In-Game!

Instead of the Romero vs. Rockhold tutorial for 2 months straight
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 05-14-2018, 03:16 PM   #8
Rookie

Nekrotik's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paledude45
It's because the game was intended to be played a certain way and online players did the exact opposite by abusing the mechanics. This is why there seems to be a preference for offline play because you see how the game is meant to function.
Everything you just said is pretty much what's most wrong with the game.
The game is "meant" to be played a certain way. Words like "meta" are used when describing gameplay.

MMA is a dynamic sport. The game is anything but.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »