Home

Trying to Complete Historic West Collection...Glitch?

This is a discussion on Trying to Complete Historic West Collection...Glitch? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-07-2018, 11:05 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Trying to Complete Historic West Collection...Glitch?

I am nearing completion of all historic west players. However, for over a month I have been searching for Isaiah Thomas Sacramento Kings Sapphire card and every time I check, the card is not available in the auction house. Am I the only one who this is happening too? Does the card even exists, or is there just an extreme shortage?

Any help or advice would be appreciated as I have put way to much time and MT into this collection to not receive PD Big O. Thank you!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2018, 01:50 PM   #2
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

Re: Trying to Complete Historic West Collection...Glitch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by popsicle1228
I am nearing completion of all historic west players. However, for over a month I have been searching for Isaiah Thomas Sacramento Kings Sapphire card and every time I check, the card is not available in the auction house. Am I the only one who this is happening too? Does the card even exists, or is there just an extreme shortage?

Any help or advice would be appreciated as I have put way to much time and MT into this collection to not receive PD Big O. Thank you!
Some cards are insanely rare that way. It took me months to get a Ruby Gail Goodrich for the Jazz collection.
Old 05-07-2018, 07:42 PM   #3
MVP

It's the rarest card in the game at this point. Was never reissued. It can go for many hundreds of thousands on PS4. For millions on PC.

PD Oscar isn't worth it. My advice to you is to sell off and enjoy the MT elsewhere, while you can.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:19 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
It's the rarest card in the game at this point. Was never reissued. It can go for many hundreds of thousands on PS4. For millions on PC.

PD Oscar isn't worth it. My advice to you is to sell off and enjoy the MT elsewhere, while you can.
Thank you for the response though hearing that the card was never reissued is crushing news. First world problems. LOL!

I agree that investing my MT in the historic collection (especially given the benefit of hindsight) was a poor choice. However, I only locked in two of the collections because I wanted to have an "out" if things did not work out in my favor.

While selling the collection is wiser, I am only 3 cards away from completion, and it is difficult for me to cut my losses at this point. I suppose I could look at it as a sunk cost but it is so hard after spending so much time sniping over such a long period.

Newb question here...I seem to recall a throwback pack that sold after the NBA season ended last year that contained all cards that were ever put in the game. I could be wrong, but that is how I remember it. That said, do you know if there is a chance the card will be reissued or am I more than likely out of luck?

Thanks again for the help!
Old 05-09-2018, 09:33 PM   #5
MVP

I get that it might feel compulsory to keep going. If you think that it's worth not just how much MT value you have in auctionable cards, but also a stratospheric price for IT, then go for it.

On reissue packs...there was something that released a lot. I forget. But who knows what we might get.

By the way, while I don't want to take away from OS Forums, this sub-forum for MT is dead, and if you want very lively community discussion about MT, check out 2KGamer.com
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2018, 11:05 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
I get that it might feel compulsory to keep going. If you think that it's worth not just how much MT value you have in auctionable cards, but also a stratospheric price for IT, then go for it.

On reissue packs...there was something that released a lot. I forget. But who knows what we might get.

By the way, while I don't want to take away from OS Forums, this sub-forum for MT is dead, and if you want very lively community discussion about MT, check out 2KGamer.com
I recognized last night that continuing the collection was just a force of habit, and there was no logical reason to continue. As such. I began selling everything. Picked up PD James Harden who is statistically a better card when compared to Big O, and plan to add diamond Baylor soon.

Also thanks for the advice on joining the 2kgamer community.

Last edited by popsicle1228; 05-09-2018 at 11:07 PM.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:51 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by popsicle1228
I recognized last night that continuing the collection was just a force of habit, and there was no logical reason to continue. As such. I began selling everything. Picked up PD James Harden who is statistically a better card when compared to Big O, and plan to add diamond Baylor soon.
Good call. Glad you did it earlier than later, so you can more enjoy the proceeds. PD Harden is pretty incredible, though many presume that use of a PD subjects you to Equalizer. YMMV.

Diamond Baylor can be a real force on the drive. Posterizes like crazy. I would wait on buying anything else pricey. I think prices are a bit high right now and we have a new Theme coming tomorrow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »