Home

I am officially sick and tired of the patches screwing up gameplay!

This is a discussion on I am officially sick and tired of the patches screwing up gameplay! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-24-2018, 01:41 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
I am officially sick and tired of the patches screwing up gameplay!

Every year we get patches that are supposed to FIX gameplay, but every SINGLE year they seem to have an adverse effect. For example, what i've noticed this year:

- When game was first released, we were all RANTING AND RAVING about how well the catchers were blocking pitches in the dirt. Now it's miserable again. Slider makers have to lower pitch control to have any semblance of unintentional walks, but the wild pitches are out of control because the catchers have stopped blocking them again. I've averaging 2-4 wild pitches per game again. What is going on?

- The lag?? Before the patches, the game was so smooth. I noticed the last two days, OFFLINE the game is considerably lagging and skipping.

- Throw hesitation is back. Again, before the patches, the fielders seemed to play with some sense of urgency. Now they're slow again, getting stuck in the wall animation, hop skipping before throwing, etc. I thought the rainbow throws were gone, but sure enough, happened last game, grounder to third, third basemen charges, makes lollipop throw to first, safe. This NEVER happened before patches. Now it's back.

- Another thing we've been complaining about for years is the deflections off the pitcher. Again, when the game was first released, these seemed to be really toned down to a somewhat realistic amount. Now they're out of control again. I am seeing 2+ deflections per game off the pitcher again. Do the developers not realize this doesn't happen that often?

- Deflections off bases - this almost NEVER happens in real life. Yes, on occasion. In the show? It's been happening maybe once every 2-3 games and some of the deflections literally bounce over fielders heads. Real ball physics?

The patches seem to fix one thing and TOTALLY destroy other things, making the damn game play like previous years games. Must they continue to throw out patches that tweak gameplay to make the game play like last year and the year before?

Last edited by Padgoi; 04-24-2018 at 01:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2018, 01:48 PM   #2
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Re: I am officially sick and tired of the patches screwing up gameplay!

You know there is some validity to this when I peek in here just because I was worried that another patch dropped and changed the feel of the game again, just when I was finally closing in on locking down my sliders.

My understanding was that there was a lot of complaints on TSN about the online gameplay this year, and unfortunately us offline enthusiasts are second class citizens.

I'm traditionally a show defender but yeah, I dread patches.
Old 04-24-2018, 01:50 PM   #3
Banned

Williemayshayes00's Arena

So the gameplay is screwed like last year? I haven’t even started my franchise yet. What are these guys doing?
Old 04-24-2018, 01:54 PM   #4
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williemayshayes00
So the gameplay is screwed like last year? I haven’t even started my franchise yet. What are these guys doing?
You should probably play for yourself and see how you like it instead of assuming it's screwed based on one forum post.
Old 04-24-2018, 02:03 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williemayshayes00
The gameplay isn't screwed. In my opinion, the recent patch has changed the gameplay that are bringing up legacy issues. The game is still better than previous years iterations, but I'm sick and tired of certain legacy issues cropping up after patches. It seems like every damn year they market this game as a sim and the release is great, but the patches cater to the online community, which unfortunately seem to be more interested in an arcade experience. The rocket bunt issue still hasn't been addressed. Why? Oh, because it was INTENDED to be that way. So they INTENDED to have absolutely unrealistic rocket bunts in their sim game so that the online cheesers couldn't take advantage of them. Sounds like a gameplay issue they can't fix . . . so they totally break it.

Last edited by Padgoi; 04-24-2018 at 02:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2018, 02:24 PM   #6
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12

I 've seen an up tick in pitcher deflections as well. I've never once seen a base deflection though.

One thing that really erks me about the rocket bunts is that the CPU has the ability to drop a realistic bunt and beat it out. It effectively takes a realistic part of the game out of the game. The fact that I can't drop a bunt with Delino Deshields and have no chance of beating it out is a shame.
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk
Old 04-24-2018, 02:31 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5

I haven't seen a bunt for a hit yet this year, other than when the 3B attempts to barehand the ball and misses it. I've also never seen the CPU successfully sacrifice a runner over other than squeeze plays, it's an automatic force at 2B.
Old 04-24-2018, 02:31 PM   #8
Rookie

catfish9-5's Arena

OVR: 6

I’ve noticed all the above a lot more recently but not as much as last year and it is frustrating. I just hope the full swing bunts dribbling around plate don’t pop up. If so, then 17 has made its way back into my system.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »