Home

Takedowns don’t cost enough stamina when stuffed

This is a discussion on Takedowns don’t cost enough stamina when stuffed within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-21-2018, 09:37 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Takedowns don’t cost enough stamina when stuffed

Evidence: https://youtu.be/hl03iASajdw

I understand they can be hard to get but at the same time, this is kind of silly. I denied multiple takedowns and the stamina punishment was far too lenient.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2018, 10:08 AM   #2
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Takedowns don’t cost enough stamina when stuffed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshly Baked Gregg
Evidence: https://youtu.be/hl03iASajdw

I understand they can be hard to get but at the same time, this is kind of silly. I denied multiple takedowns and the stamina punishment was far too lenient.

The Gcs were talking about this yesterday. The stamina penalty is good on early denials and back to back takedown attempts but its not the same on late denials.

With that said, what would you expect Jones' (who has pretty good grapple stamina and Endurance) to be after round 1? He missed 5 takedowns, all of them were single leg attempts and late denials. None of them were back to back (he wasnt spamming them) and they were single legs that dont really take a ton of energy to attempt in real life.
Old 04-21-2018, 10:10 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The Gcs were talking about this yesterday. The stamina penalty is good on early denials and back to back takedown attempts but its not the same on late denials.

With that said, what would you expect Jones' (who has pretty good grapple stamina and Endurance) to be after round 1? He missed 5 takedowns, all of them were single leg attempts and late denials. None of them were back to back (he wasnt spamming them) and they were single legs that dont really take a ton of energy to attempt in real life.

You make a good point. Thanks for your input. Good to hear it is being discussed!

Old 04-21-2018, 03:14 PM   #4
Banned

5 high crotch shots in a round would actually take quite a lot out of you. They're not real single legs and if they're from the outside they take even more energy.
Old 04-21-2018, 03:21 PM   #5
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucanthandlethefacts
5 high crotch shots in a round would actually take quite a lot out of you. They're not real single legs and if they're from the outside they take even more energy.
How much energy should a high stamina guy like Jones lose in a round simply because he attempted and failed 5 takedowns? Serious question. I hope that you get a chance to answer this before they ban you again since you are a previously banned user.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2018, 03:21 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
How much energy should a high stamina guy like Jones lose in a round simply because he attempted and failed 5 takedowns? Serious question. I hope that you get a chance to answer this before they ban you again since you are a previously banned user.
there's a reason I didn't disagree with your general statement. What you said about jones was true, and I didn't disagree with it.

the second half was just blatantly wrong so i made a correction. Jones's endurance is good enough that i still think its okay
Old 04-21-2018, 04:08 PM   #7
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I understand it can be frustrating, but the ground game and takedowns feel so nerfed I think extra stamina penalty on takedowns would be bananas.

Most of the takedowns feel very lazy and not explosive anyways, imo. Not big stamina burners.
Old 04-21-2018, 04:09 PM   #8
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Quote:
Unfortunately with the way it is set up i don't think we can fix this problem, what we need is a "struggle state" where the fighter that is going for the takedown can decide to expend more energy to secure the takedown or let it go, costing less stamina.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »