Home

Pitchers you hate the most and how you adjust

This is a discussion on Pitchers you hate the most and how you adjust within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-20-2018, 08:56 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 1
Pitchers you hate the most and how you adjust

Another thread got the wheels turning on pitchers you consider filthy and are the most challenging to face. Thought it would be interesting to see who most struggle with and some of the AB strategy they employ when they face them. A couple of mine as noted in another thread..... I could name 20...but here's a couple

Chris Sale - Filthy...and I struggle against him. His release/arm slot is difficult enough for me to pick up. I sit inside...as he frequently jams me. Usually around the time I get the backdoor slider.

Yu Darvish - There is nothing to sit on....location nor pitch. All his pitches are effective. Only saving grace, at least for me, is he doesn't like to throw strikes. If I can get ahead in the count I can get him to hang one occasionally.

Clayton Kershaw - Of course he would be here. I despise the windup for starters. Fastball and curve/offspeed combos give me fits. Location is all over the place. I try to sit fastball and get him early.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2018, 10:48 AM   #2
Rookie

mattm7x's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pitchers you hate the most and how you adjust

For me it is usually anyone whose primary pitch is a sinker. Or ones who use the sinker and cutter effectively.

I play with the Yanks. David Price always has me crossed up. I hit sale pretty well, weirdly.

Aaron Sanchez from Toronto can be tough.

I imagine facing Tanaka can be tough.
Old 04-20-2018, 10:55 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattm7x
For me it is usually anyone whose primary pitch is a sinker. Or ones who use the sinker and cutter effectively.

I play with the Yanks. David Price always has me crossed up. I hit sale pretty well, weirdly.

Aaron Sanchez from Toronto can be tough.

I imagine facing Tanaka can be tough.
Arietta's sinker terrorizes me at times.....and he will beat the paint off the bottom line of the strike zone.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:03 AM   #4
Rookie

mattm7x's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by taterskin
Arietta's sinker terrorizes me at times.....and he will beat the paint off the bottom line of the strike zone.

Yeah he's another.

Bumgarner can be nasty but I hit him when I face him usually.

Last night I got 2 hit by Ervin Santana for 8 innings of all people. The next game I put like 7 on Stroman in the first two innings.

Sometimes I enjoy the struggle. lol
Old 04-20-2018, 11:06 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattm7x
Yeah he's another.

Bumgarner can be nasty but I hit him when I face him usually.

Last night I got 2 hit by Ervin Santana for 8 innings of all people. The next game I put like 7 on Stroman in the first two innings.

Sometimes I enjoy the struggle. lol

I always enjoy the struggle.....with all the pitchers that I generally struggle with. It takes the concentration up a notch and is rewarding when you get a win in that AB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2018, 11:22 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Dodgers closer Jansen. Adjust? You don't. When he comes in with a lead, you hang it up and wait till the next round.

A Work in Progress
Old 04-20-2018, 11:24 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
Dodgers closer Jansen. Adjust? You don't. When he comes in with a lead, you hang it up and wait till the next round.
Yeah...... love the opposite field pop up or broken bat he induces everytime when he runs that cutter in on me no matter if I'm sitting inside or not. Filthy pitch.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:29 AM   #8
Rookie

bravo2208's Arena

I struggle against anybody that throws a decent heater and a changeup. I am convinced at this point that I will never be able to hit a changeup. Even when I guess the pitch and location correctly I screw it up. I mash fastballs, but as soon as a pitcher breaks out the change, I whiff. They all look like fastballs to me until the VERY last second. It's almost not fair.

I can also relate to the guy above that mentioned sinker ballers. For example, I faced Brandon McCarthy at GABP last night and expected to have a field day. Instead I got a steady dose of sinkers that I promptly hammered into the ground. I could not elevate anything. I think he was at like 50 pitches through 6 innings and went the distance. I was so disgusted with myself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »