Home

Getting picked off CONSTANTLY

This is a discussion on Getting picked off CONSTANTLY within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-18-2018, 02:36 PM   #1
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

OVR: 0
Getting picked off CONSTANTLY

I scrolled through the threads and I’m kinda surprised this hasn’t been brought up (I didn’t see if it was) but does anybody other than myself get picked off like once a game? Pitcher will throw over and my runner will just stand there like a deer in headlights before going back to the bag and getting picked. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2018, 03:10 PM   #2
Pro

Herschie's Arena

Re: Getting picked off CONSTANTLY

I hear you. What I did was move the CPU pickoff frequency slider to 0. I'm assuming you may have tried that. So I don't get picked off as often. Other than that, never take more than a 1-step lead if they have someone holding the runner on, 2 steps if they're not. I think the steal ability slider also plays a factor into whether or not he gets back in time, but I'm not sure.

Bout all I can tell you, bud. Been this way for years.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:13 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
I scrolled through the threads and I’m kinda surprised this hasn’t been brought up (I didn’t see if it was) but does anybody other than myself get picked off like once a game? Pitcher will throw over and my runner will just stand there like a deer in headlights before going back to the bag and getting picked. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I hold the left analog button all the way to the left until the pitcher starts throwing to the plate and you will never be picked off. You can even take the extra step and as long as you continue to hold the button to the left you won't get picked off. However with that said, this has hampered my ability to steal bases.

Last edited by My993C2; 04-18-2018 at 04:40 PM.
Old 04-18-2018, 04:05 PM   #4
Banned

you are taking too big of a lead. If you do get caught try running towards 2nd, then back to first right away after the first baseman throws to second.
Old 04-18-2018, 04:22 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Does this happen when you go against Jon Lester too? 😊

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2018, 04:27 PM   #6
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Yeah the computer has some weird cheat to pick you off bizarrely frequently. Play against another human and with a one(extra) step lead you can probably throw over 50 times and they'll dive back in safe almost every time, but the computer will nail you about 1/3 it seems. It was like that last year and it's pretty frustrating, but there's not a whole lot you can do about it.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:08 PM   #7
Pro

Yeah this is all unfortunately true a fundamental that has plagued the game for a long time. Holding the left stick is the answer unfortunately!

Also if you hold L1 it will go into that horrible standing on one knee pose animation. It's similar to holding the left analog stick but you can test your reflexes a bit and make it slightly more challenging!

It's been to many years with the series for me! The game is fun and has some high points.

I am not a developer but I just feel some of the core baseball fundamentals of the game got neglected as the series continued on. Now at this point in the series I am just realizing it is what it is!
Old 04-18-2018, 06:17 PM   #8
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

I almost never take an extra step when stealing 2nd. I still get plenty of steals.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »