Home

Pickoffs: Is it Me?

This is a discussion on Pickoffs: Is it Me? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-03-2018, 11:17 PM   #1
Banned

51shergie's Arena

OVR: 0
Pickoffs: Is it Me?

Keep in mind is whoever reads this, this is not a complaint or a rant but more humorous than anything

It has been this way for a couple years now but when using player lock or RTTS, why is it so difficult to get back to the bag without getting picked off?

When did every picture become Andy Pettite with an elite moved to first base. Right or left-handed it does not matter. It’s never just a soft throw over just to check on me, it’s always a serious and fast pick off move with the intent to get me out.

Why I really have a problem with it, as I could chalk it up to realism and the game just being challenging, how come every time I try pick off move when I am pitching it is a toss that you would do when you’re playing catch with your sister or niece? Why do I have to be John Lester and they get to be Andy Pettite?

Are there other pick off moves? Does anyone else have a hard time getting back even when you know the throw is coming?

The only thing that saves it for me is the fact that if I take off to second and he throws to first if I take a couple steps and then go back to the bag, the first baseman either throws it to second base or misses the tag and I get back to the bag every time. But when I try to dive back into it....andy petite

Last edited by 51shergie; 04-03-2018 at 11:21 PM. Reason: I want to say I am not complaining
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2018, 11:20 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Pickoffs: Is it Me?

Hold left on the L-stick and you will literally never get picked off unless you're taking some insane leadoff.

Also whether or not you want to use it is up to you (I personally don't) but the R2 Showtime slowdown can be useful when you're looking to steal and find the pitcher's first movement towards home.
Old 04-03-2018, 11:49 PM   #3
MVP

myghty's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Hold left on the L-stick and you will literally never get picked off unless you're taking some insane leadoff.
Yes to this.

PS5/PSN: myghty
Old 04-03-2018, 11:53 PM   #4
Banned

51shergie's Arena

OVR: 0

Ok ill try that... so you were saying if I want to steal I would just hold left until he makes his move and then press right on the stick?

Am I the last to know about this? LOL is this really common and that is why no one makes an issue of it? Anyway thanks for the help
Old 04-03-2018, 11:59 PM   #5
MVP

myghty's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51shergie
Ok ill try that... so you were saying if I want to steal I would just hold left until he makes his move and then press right on the stick?

Am I the last to know about this? LOL is this really common and that is why no one makes an issue of it? Anyway thanks for the help
I learned it the hard way on my own after getting picked off too much like you. I just started to hold left, & yes just flick right when you want to steal.

PS5/PSN: myghty
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »