Home

Operation Sports MLB 19 Wish List.

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 19 Wish List. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2018, 11:37 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Operation Sports MLB 19 Wish List.

Really enjoying 18, as much as I did 10-17.Still, like most people, I want new (& old lol) stuff added. I don't think Debby Downer is needed here, saying these things will never happen. After all, never is a long time

These are just a few things I wish were coming in 19:
Complete rebranding, retire Matt Vasgersian & the "Show" name.
Let's go with something like Maddon MLB 19 or MLB Grand Slam 19 or simply, Major League Baseball 2019.
And how 'bout Chris Rose & Kevin Millar in the booth.

Something Old - Namely, season mode.

RTTS can become Cup Of Coffee.
Diamond Dynasty can rehash the old name Diamond Kings.

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2018, 11:55 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Operation Sports MLB 19 Wish List.

1. Styles(s) of Play

Give Managers styles of play like NBA 2K has freelance offenses based on the coach the Managers should have the same so playing against a team is a different experience. Billy Ball, Station to Station, Money Ball/Analytics, "Negro Leagues, Big Red Machine, Bronx Bombers, Power House Pitching, Atlanta Braves Pitching "The Big Three", 1970's Oakland A's " Dynastic Bombastic, Fantastic" and small ball.

2. Legend signature animations e.g. Joe Morgan revving up his bat, or Kent Tekulve's Pitching style or "The Bird" Mark Fidrych, Ricky Henderson strut on a base on balls/walk.

3. For the love of all things holy bring back batter/pitcher analysis instead of the generic pitch percentage on the D pad or touch pad.

4. Batters eye please take the shackles off, let us look anywhere and not limit us to a strict field view.

Last edited by Impetuous65; 03-31-2018 at 05:06 PM.
Old 03-31-2018, 12:27 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 2

I have a simple totally doable request and heck being a seasoned software developer myself who's background programming language is in C and C++, I could even do the work for them free of charge if they were to send me the appropriate sub set of code and unit test(s) to verify the fix and that would be to render the "O - Watch Game" button on the lower right side of the screen when the starting pitcher is introduced in full Broadcast RTTS games. Presently you need to wait for your first plate appearance or fielding opportunity in the game which could be in the 3rd inning for this button to be rendered and I cannot for the life of me understand why such an easy 1 day code change (likely less for the SDS DEVs) is never done.
Old 03-31-2018, 01:08 PM   #4
Rookie

bravo2208's Arena

I feel like the game isn't that far off. I just want some small things to increase immersion. I'll keep it to a top 3. The first thing that comes to mind is the ability to extend contracts at any point during the season. We've been waiting for that for what seems like forever and it can't be that hard to implement. Secondly, as user mentioned above, manager styles needs to happen. I played a game against the Phillies last night and thought about how cool it would be if Kapler was in the game with his quick hook and sabermetrics stuff. And finally, relocation/create-a-stadium. That one is pretty self-explanatory. If they added these three things I wouldn't play anything else.
Old 03-31-2018, 01:32 PM   #5
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Relocation/create a ballpark/Owner Mode (set prices for tickets, concessions, etc.) in Franchise Mode.

New/updated player models.

Face scan for RttS.

Create/edit managers.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 03-31-2018 at 01:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2018, 01:33 PM   #6
Banned

'18 is not even a week old and already the wishlist for '19 ????
wow
Old 03-31-2018, 01:57 PM   #7
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bochte23
'18 is not even a week old and already the wishlist for '19 ????
wow
With a yearly development cycle it’s not long after release that 2019 plans start getting made. While it may seem early, once plans are set it’s difficult to make big changes so better to get those ideas out now.
Old 03-31-2018, 02:47 PM   #8
Rookie

Top 3

1. Collision detection (or at the very least much better player awareness) so players stop clipping through each other. If players bump past each other let's see it. If they collided in the outfield, let's see it.

2. Face scan. I'm pretty decent at making myself in the game but it would be a lot easier just to scan my face. It might also allow an opportunity to get player faces into the game that SDS didn't have time for.

3. Expansion/relocation/create-a-stadium.

Runners up: Improved motion physics (give players mass and velocity), Cloth physics for jerseys, totally revamped commentary system.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »