Home

Player models

This is a discussion on Player models within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-28-2018, 01:17 PM   #1
Rookie

TotesMaGotes's Arena

OVR: 1
Icon13 Player models

Anyone know why a lot of rookies with service time last year and even some veterans don't have player models but just poor CAPs with real player's names and stats? I understand that a lot of times we think SDS does a poor job on the non-facescanned players digital counterparts but still the fact that these players with service time last year and are on 40 man rosters in not the big league team itself were just thrown in is pretty disappointing and (not to sound ungrateful or rude) frankly lazy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2018, 01:23 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Player models

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotesMaGotes
Anyone know why a lot of rookies with service time last year and even some veterans don't have player models but just poor CAPs with real player's names and stats? I understand that a lot of times we think SDS does a poor job on the non-facescanned players digital counterparts but still the fact that these players with service time last year and are on 40 man rosters in not the big league team itself were just thrown in is pretty disappointing and (not to sound ungrateful or rude) frankly lazy.
While I too, would like to see more accurate player models (i.e. Tommy Pham on my cards roster) it is likely that they dont have the rights to the player model or that the player simply didnt want his likeness in the game. I wouldnt say that it is “lazy” on the developers part.
Old 03-28-2018, 01:32 PM   #3
Rookie

TotesMaGotes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tha_show256
While I too, would like to see more accurate player models (i.e. Tommy Pham on my cards roster) it is likely that they dont have the rights to the player model or that the player simply didnt want his likeness in the game. I wouldnt say that it is “lazy” on the developers part.
In Pham's case I would assume he declined the option to be scanned. I don't put that on the developers. I am speaking more of say Clint Frazier, Francisco Mejia, Jarrod Saltalamacchia and Alex Verdugo just to name a few. These players aren't just poorly drawn SCEA players they are, like I said, CAPs with correct names and stats. Like after Benintendi and Haniger were so poorly received last year they just didn't attempt to make other prospects with little service time that they didn't have face scans for.
Old 03-28-2018, 01:34 PM   #4
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0

Already being discussed here guys.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...b-players.html
Old 03-28-2018, 02:05 PM   #5
Rookie

TotesMaGotes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston
Oops! Didn't notice that thread. I apologize.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »