Home

Everyone is a Javy Baez

This is a discussion on Everyone is a Javy Baez within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-24-2018, 12:52 AM   #1
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Everyone is a Javy Baez

I remember seeing one of the streams about gameplay improvement and then showing and talking about the improved tagging. I instantly thought, "great, now every player is going to apply perfect tags every time."

Well, sure enough that seems to be the case. There really needs to be a tagging rating. Or have the tagging ability of each fielder tied to their fielding attribute.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2018, 09:12 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Everyone is a Javy Baez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I remember seeing one of the streams about gameplay improvement and then showing and talking about the improved tagging. I instantly thought, "great, now every player is going to apply perfect tags every time."

Well, sure enough that seems to be the case. There really needs to be a tagging rating. Or have the tagging ability of each fielder tied to their fielding attribute.

I see what you are saying, but I think the reasoning is that if they've made it to the major leagues, the players should be able to apply a perfect tag. It's up to the runner to avoid it.
Old 03-24-2018, 09:52 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bochte23
I see what you are saying, but I think the reasoning is that if they've made it to the major leagues, the players should be able to apply a perfect tag. It's up to the runner to avoid it.
If you haven’t watched Javy Baez tag, then I understand why you would assume all tags are equal.
Old 03-24-2018, 11:00 PM   #4
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bochte23
Sometimes tags are high up on a hip where the foot gets to the bag first. Other times its on the shoulder where the hand gets to the bag first. This will never happen with this tagging system. And as the above poster suggested, just YouTube Javier Baez tagging. It's something to behold.

Unfortunately, just as I expected, everyone in the game is a super-star tagger (as well as a superstar, jump-throwing, Ozzie Smith dianamo on the infield). Very, very little difference between good and bad fielders. They're all the same.

Every shortstop can field the ball on their backhand, jump and make PERFECT throws to first. Every. Single. Time.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 03-25-2018, 07:16 AM   #5
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Sometimes tags are high up on a hip where the foot gets to the bag first. Other times its on the shoulder where the hand gets to the bag first. This will never happen with this tagging system. And as the above poster suggested, just YouTube Javier Baez tagging. It's something to behold.

Unfortunately, just as I expected, everyone in the game is a super-star tagger (as well as a superstar, jump-throwing, Ozzie Smith dianamo on the infield). Very, very little difference between good and bad fielders. They're all the same.

Every shortstop can field the ball on their backhand, jump and make PERFECT throws to first. Every. Single. Time.
There's plenty tools in game / menu to nullify your issue at hand.
- IF THROWING ERROR
- IF FIELDING ERROR
- REACTION TIME

- ATTRIBUTES
-- ARM ACCURACY (DECREASE)
-- FIELDING REACTION (DECREASE)
- THROWING DIFFICULTY INCREASE TURN METER OFF SO IT RUNS OFF OF RATING

tweak how you need to my brotha

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2018, 09:45 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 2

Quote:

This isn’t true. I’ve def noticed SS fielding the ball in the hole are not created equal. Some field and jump through right away. Some take a step or two and some field take two steps, plant and throw.

Old 03-25-2018, 09:52 AM   #7
Rookie

WhiteBunny's Arena

Quote:

Unfortunately, just as I expected, everyone in the game is a super-star tagger (as well as a superstar, jump-throwing, Ozzie Smith dianamo on the infield).

That's because every change they made to gameplay is for online/dd. If it fits well for offline modes, good. If not, good. They're not following the path of realism/simulation, they're trying to avoid exploits in online/dd.
Old 03-25-2018, 01:40 PM   #8
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Quote:
You and I definitely are not playing the same game. I have the best defensive SS in the league in my carry over, no doubt, and attributes are inflated in my carry over compared to modern rosters, and he definitely can't do perfect jump throws from the backhand every single try.

We're talking everything in the 90s except reaction, which is 89.

I've been tossed out on a few backhand jump throws, but mostly on slow guys. I see a lot of errors or lazy arcs, both from me and the CPU.

I've seen the perfect throw only once on that play, and it was from another highly rated SS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »