Home

2018 OSFM Boston Red Sox Edits

This is a discussion on 2018 OSFM Boston Red Sox Edits within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-23-2018, 08:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
2018 OSFM Boston Red Sox Edits

Excited for yet another year of Red Sox baseball and OSFM rosters! I created this thread so us Red Sox fans can discuss edits for all players in our system.

Since we are still patiently waiting for the OSFM rosters to be released, just wanted to talk about some first impressions....

1. Can't believe Christian Vazquez STILL does not have a face scan. 3 years in the league and still a generic player model. Hopefully someone will be able to create a more realistic looking Vazqy, someone had a great model from 17 I may just import. Same goes for Blake Swihart. Guess SCEA just hates Red Sox catchers.

2. Benintendi also does not seem to have a face scan. Or if he does, its a really crappy one. Came in 2nd in ROY voting, terrible looking player model.

3. Manager Alex Cora is very strange looking. For some reason he has a full beard in the game, and it doesnt really look like him at all. Wonder if this is something SCEA will address in a game update soon.

Other than that, very pleased with the player models! Looking forward to the release of the rosters!!!

Feel free to post your impressions on this thread, along with equipment/rating edits as the season progresses.

Go Sox!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2018, 08:50 PM   #2
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: 2018 OSFM Boston Red Sox Edits

Are you sure Vazquez doesn't have a face scan? It's awfully close.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:53 PM   #3
Rookie

IamAdderlyn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonboy_003

3. Manager Alex Cora is very strange looking. For some reason he has a full beard in the game, and it doesnt really look like him at all. Wonder if this is something SCEA will address in a game update soon.
Are you sure Cora is the manager? If I remember correctly, debuting managers like Cora or Boone are not in the game their first year.

Sent from my LG-H872PR using Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2018, 09:59 PM   #4
Pro

Keeler2434's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonboy_003
Excited for yet another year of Red Sox baseball and OSFM rosters! I created this thread so us Red Sox fans can discuss edits for all players in our system.

Since we are still patiently waiting for the OSFM rosters to be released, just wanted to talk about some first impressions....

1. Can't believe Christian Vazquez STILL does not have a face scan. 3 years in the league and still a generic player model. Hopefully someone will be able to create a more realistic looking Vazqy, someone had a great model from 17 I may just import. Same goes for Blake Swihart. Guess SCEA just hates Red Sox catchers.

2. Benintendi also does not seem to have a face scan. Or if he does, its a really crappy one. Came in 2nd in ROY voting, terrible looking player model.

Other than that, very pleased with the player models! Looking forward to the release of the rosters!!!

Feel free to post your impressions on this thread, along with equipment/rating edits as the season progresses.

Go Sox!

Don’t yell at me for being a Yanks fan. I love all teams.

1. Vasquez n also Blake Swihart probably just haven’t said yes to having their face scanned it’s not the game developers faults. It’s the players faults for not saying yes. More examples are Jose Abreu,Todd Frazier,Mike Trout(Until this year) Rougned Odor(Until this year) Gary Sanchez(Until this year)

2. That Benny is a face scan if I’m correct n it looks pretty good. They just got the facial hair n short hair with it.
Old 03-23-2018, 10:13 PM   #5
Rookie

S_pierce10's Arena

It’s up to the players themselves to get a facescan so it’s not SCEA’s fault they don’t have them. And I thought Benintendi looked pretty good especially compared to last year.

In regards to Alex Cora, first year managers are usually not in the game and replaced with a generic guy unfortunately. That’s not actually supposed to be Cora lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2018, 01:18 PM   #6
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

I was actually presently surprised with the Red Sox player faces this year, Rafael Devers looks pretty good. Same with Benintendi, they even got the beard and short hair combo right. I'm not sure what they did with Chris Sale but it looks a lot better than last year! He always looked a little cartoony in past games but this year, his facial hear looks good, his hat sits on his head well, and his face looks good. Disappointed to see Rick Porcello still have the massively curved hat that doesn't fit and sucks to see Swihart still have the crappy face. Sucks to see Hembree finally get the long hair...after he cuts it. Kimbrel also looks really good.
NBA: BOSTON CELTICS
NFL: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
NHL: BOSTON BRUINS

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Old 03-25-2018, 11:20 PM   #7
Rookie

bgdg824's Arena

OVR: 4

Does anyone have a better stance for Benintendi?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-28-2018, 09:09 PM   #8
Rookie

Patsguy49's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgdg824
Does anyone have a better stance for Benintendi?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Operation Sports mobile app
Try Vet stance 230. Used it last year from Houston’s stance replacement thread. It looks pretty good for Benny. It’s Dioner Navorros from MLB 17.

Edit: Tinkered around with the BSC for a good Benintendi stance.
Stance: Vet 230
Hand Offset: 50 74 81
Hand Rotation: 56
Hand Waggle: 50
Back Elbow Offset: 50
Front Elbow Offset: 50
Hips Offset: 50 50 59
Forward Foot Offset: 86 50

Watched a lot of Benny hitting clips on MLB.tv to try an get it as accurate as possible.

Boston Red Sox
9x World Series Champions

Last edited by Patsguy49; 03-29-2018 at 03:05 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »