Home

UFC 3 Ultimate Team Could Learn From This Game...

This is a discussion on UFC 3 Ultimate Team Could Learn From This Game... within the EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-23-2018, 10:54 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
UFC 3 Ultimate Team Could Learn From This Game...

Introduction:

Spartacus Legends was a Free to Play game released for Xbox 360 and PS3 back in 2013 and while received a lot of backlash for gameplay issues such as bugs and online gameplay, there are certain aspects to it's functionality that could benefit Ultimate Team if implemented effectively.

Setting up and Recruiting Gladiators (Fighters):

Gladiators in this game for the most part were customizable by the player with the exception of 'Legends' which I will go into more detail about later.

Gladiators were recruited through the players ludus and selecting 'Recruit Gladiator', which brought up a selection that functioned IDENTICALLY to ITEM SCOUTING (and like UFC 2 could be refreshed through the use of coin).

But what separates it was that it were SPECIFICALLY for GLADIATORS or 'Fighters' in the case of UFC. Gladiators could be purchased through 2 different currencies; either Silver or Gold which were influenced by player level (the max being 50 in this game).

Gladiators would range from Tier 1 - Common (1*) to Tier 5 - Legendary (5*) and all could be purchased from this interface and purple(4*)/gold(5*) gladiators could be purchased for a reasonable amount of coin which could be earned through daily challenges (I believe there were both 'online' and 'offline' challenges that could be completed).

Bearing in mind, while you could not choose or change the style of the gladiator,
you had a very high chance of obtaining one that is desirable to your play style, as it refreshed every 20 mins if you preferred not to spend coin.

Most of the expense would actually go towards setting up a gladiator rather then purchasing the gladiators themselves, as higher tier items and particularly golds could only be purchased through the use of coin.

What I found preferable about this system, was that it eliminated the random nature of loot boxes and 'hoping' to get something out of a pack that either wasn't a duplicate or useless.

Once a gladiator was selected, you then had a selection of equipment slots for you to alter, clicking on these slots opened up a selection of items for you to purchase (you would unlock more as you levelled) and from there you could pick the item you wanted.

The selection was relevant to the slot you selected, for example clicking a shield slot would open a selection of shields to purchase/select. UFC 3 UT functions similar with the exception of actually purchasing items from this interface.

Legends (UFC Champions):

These gladiators were essentially the 'Champions' of UFC 3 UT in this game, they were completely authentic to the main characters of the show (with the exception of Crixus and Ashur due to fight style) but how they differed was how they had a preset setup of items and perks that could not be changed.

They were also considerably rare compared to 'custom' gladiators and had to beaten before they could be purchased.

Conclusion:

A system similar to this would allow players to have more control over their teams and make the mode much more CAF orientated without completely excluding the use of real fighters.

I suspect players would also find setting up their teams more rewarding through being able to obtain items they actually want (may take some grinding but at least we're not relying on a random reward) which could provide more incentive for players to invest time or money into the mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2018, 02:46 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: UFC 3 Ultimate Team Could Learn From This Game...

Give up you nub lol
Old 03-23-2018, 02:47 PM   #3
Rookie

I'm not 100% certain but the Ultimate Team issues are not being addressed here on this forum. I believe it's a separate team entirely. The main focus on this forum is ranked with a bit of single player. You won't get a response despite everyone knowing this years UT is bad.
Old 03-24-2018, 05:21 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAnOlogist
I'm not 100% certain but the Ultimate Team issues are not being addressed here on this forum. I believe it's a separate team entirely. The main focus on this forum is ranked with a bit of single player. You won't get a response despite everyone knowing this years UT is bad.
Yeah and you're most probably right, I just feel if there's even the slightest chance that anything regarding Ultimate Team will have any influence then I'll take it.
Old 03-24-2018, 05:57 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_c4_SnaKe
Give up you nub lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAnOlogist
The developer responsible for Ultimate Team in EA UFC 3 is @MrScaryMuffin
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team »