Home

Why is hook and uppercut spam a thing in Ultimate Team?

This is a discussion on Why is hook and uppercut spam a thing in Ultimate Team? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-22-2018, 02:11 AM   #1
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5
Why is hook and uppercut spam a thing in Ultimate Team?

Is this really what you all wanted from an MMA game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2018, 02:56 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Why is hook and uppercut spam a thing in Ultimate Team?

While I don't agree with your approach on the issue, I do think it has to do with poor head movement and footwork stats, which if you raise to a reasonable level, you handicap speed, power and accuracy. I've been meaning to run some stat tests to see if having 60-70 speed and power with 90+ head movement is better than 90+ spd, pwr, and acc with 70 hdmvt. We need 4 and 5 star cards bad.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-22-2018, 03:13 AM   #3
MVP

chia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
While I don't agree with your approach on the issue, I do think it has to do with poor head movement and footwork stats, which if you raise to a reasonable level, you handicap speed, power and accuracy. I've been meaning to run some stat tests to see if having 60-70 speed and power with 90+ head movement is better than 90+ spd, pwr, and acc with 70 hdmvt. We need 4 and 5 star cards bad.

I'm not the one spamming uppercuts and hooks. On my strikers I have very high attributes with the exception of switch. It's a matter of everyone else spamming hook hook hook or uppercut uppercut uppercut.

In reality if someone is throwing hooks at you a straight down the pipe puts a halt to that but in this game you just get hit with more hooks.
Old 03-22-2018, 03:50 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia
I'm not the one spamming uppercuts and hooks. On my strikers I have very high attributes with the exception of switch. It's a matter of everyone else spamming hook hook hook or uppercut uppercut uppercut.

In reality if someone is throwing hooks at you a straight down the pipe puts a halt to that but in this game you just get hit with more hooks.
I didn't say you were. I'm stating that it's prevalent because people don't have the stats to get out of the way after blocking.
In ranked or quick match, my head isn't there to hit.

Old 03-22-2018, 08:36 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia

You have to because everyone sway spams.

It’s the only way to counter it. So what ends up happening is every fight is the exact same
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2018, 08:51 AM   #6
Banned

What are we discussing here? It's not just an UT problem. Hook combo spam over and over again. Nobody is even trying to do something else cause it works pretty good. It's spam and it's a real thing... In any mode there is. It's quite a pest in ranked though.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:59 AM   #7
MVP

chia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFINISHxHIMx
What are we discussing here? It's not just an UT problem. Hook combo spam over and over again. Nobody is even trying to do something else cause it works pretty good. It's spam and it's a real thing... In any mode there is. It's quite a pest in ranked though.
I only play UT so I didn't know about Ranked. I figured it would be because there aren't enough move slots for most fighters so people resorted to the default. Just fought 3 people in a row using the same tactic. I don't care about my W-L record it's just annoying and even moreso looks ridiculously stupid.
Old 03-22-2018, 10:55 AM   #8
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFINISHxHIMx
I try other tactics

My record is pretty putrid because of it, but I only use head movement to escape tough situations

Hoping it will pay-off when head movement spammers are finally put to the sword with the next patch (knock on wood)
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »