Home

Best Golf Game for XB1?

This is a discussion on Best Golf Game for XB1? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-19-2018, 12:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Best Golf Game for XB1?

so, I used to play Tiger Woods, back in the day (like 6+ years ago) and I caught myself watching about 20 minutes of golf this weekend (which now makes my total for my life about 25 minutes). I decided I want to buy a golf game for XB1. What are the best options? I used to love the TW games, where I'd create myself and do a career. Thoughts out there? Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2018, 01:37 PM   #2
Banned

lions67's Arena

Re: Best Golf Game for XB1?

The Golf Club 2
Old 03-19-2018, 02:19 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions67
The Golf Club 2

Have you played both this and Rory? TGC2 allows me to create myself and do a career mode, correct? That's the only thing I'll be doing, and both games are super cheap, so not worried I may only play a little bit.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:29 PM   #4
Rookie

GreenLightning's Arena

I have the PS4 and have all 3 games for the system. Hands down The Golf Club 2.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:43 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLightning
I have the PS4 and have all 3 games for the system. Hands down The Golf Club 2.

Cool, man. I appreciate your input, especially from someone who has or has played all the games. I also have a PS4, but I literally only have 3 games for it, The Show 15, 16, 17, and soon to be 18. I'm a true xbox-er so I'll probably download TGC2 tonight. Appreciate it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2018, 04:37 PM   #6
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

I can attest to The Golf Club 2 being your best bet on the XBox One. I also own TGC 2 for the PC and PS4. I can say that The Golf Club 2 actually plays and looks better, to me, on the XBox One (and especially now on my XBox One X) than the PS4 version. I could not say that for the original The Golf Club. It was markedly better looking and playing on the PS4.

I own Rory McIlroy PGA Tour for the XBox One X and it doesn't stack up to TGC 2, overall. Yeah, it looks better in still screenshots, but I like the feel, flow and gameplay of TGC 2 sooooo much more than RMPGAT. The career mode in RMPGAT is better than that of TGC 2, by a long shot, but I find the gameplay so far behind TGC 2 that it's not worth the sacrifice. The putting game in RMPGAT is so far behind that of TGC 2 that it feels almost broken.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:00 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I can attest to The Golf Club 2 being your best bet on the XBox One. I also own TGC 2 for the PC and PS4. I can say that The Golf Club 2 actually plays and looks better, to me, on the XBox One (and especially now on my XBox One X) than the PS4 version. I could not say that for the original The Golf Club. It was markedly better looking and playing on the PS4.

I own Rory McIlroy PGA Tour for the XBox One X and it doesn't stack up to TGC 2, overall. Yeah, it looks better in still screenshots, but I like the feel, flow and gameplay of TGC 2 sooooo much more than RMPGAT. The career mode in RMPGAT is better than that of TGC 2, by a long shot, but I find the gameplay so far behind TGC 2 that it's not worth the sacrifice. The putting game in RMPGAT is so far behind that of TGC 2 that it feels almost broken.

This makes me nervous, can you expand on the career mode? All I'm going to be doing is creating myself, and starting right into career mode, and playing here and there. You stated RM was better than TGC2 for this, can you explain more? Thanks, and I appreciate your feedback.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:36 PM   #8
Banned

lions67's Arena

I have a feeling that you think that you can just get on and play a full career in TGC2. Well.. you have to play to unlock more levels, which allow you to add more tournaments for your career.
Level 10 will have your career wide open so that you can have a full season with all the majors.
The field you will be playing with will also increase from 200 golfers, to 250 golfers.
They are not real golfers, but you can edit all of them so that you have all the PGA players. Just match their handicaps while doing that. Again.. I would wait until you have level 10 before doing that.
So having said that, before you play career, you really should be out there playing as many rounds on as many courses as you can so that you earn enough coins to level up your society ( offline career).
The game is so rewarding though that while you are doing this, you may actually forget to even get that career going!
Two exceptional online societies to look at joining...
1. RCR World Tour ( all courses are real life recreated)
2. Taylor Made RCR World Tour ( just like #1 )
3. TGCTours..
This particular society is outstanding! Full stat tracking here. You have to sign up at tgctours.com to set up first. Then you play in Q-school to find out where you start on the tour.
Money ranking, World golf ranking is updated every week. They also have a graph to show how you have been playing from week to week as well.

That’s just 3 societies off the top of my head, and those will keep you busy for most of the week.

This game is just so much more deeper than just a career mode my friend.
But the game, I promise you won’t regret it.
Cheers

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »