Home

SixFourThree’s “Carry Over” Roster

This is a discussion on SixFourThree’s “Carry Over” Roster within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-11-2018, 08:33 PM   #1
Pro

KingOfLanglade's Arena

OVR: 0
SixFourThree’s “Carry Over” Roster

Hey Friends!

Since most of the Hybrid/Realism Rosters take time (as they rightly should) to come out. I am currently working on a roster that carries over WTNY’s excellent work this year, and incorporates SCEA CAPs so that they gain proper face scans/audio for 18.

I figured it would be easiest to bullet point what this roster has for those with prospective interest:

-Roster base is that of WTNY’s Realism Roster released last August. However, I am using the backdated, opening day/25 man roster version posted by redsoxfan31.

- Will have all SCEA CAPs from latest live update imported over all CAPs who made debuts this year. They are then being normalized to WTNYs Rating Scale through the very sophisticated process of pictures on my iPhone of the CAPs before I import over. This way, in theory, they should be given face scans/audio for 18’.

- Is made to be used opening day of 17’. I prefer it this way as I will be able to play a real 17’ schedule followed by a real 18’ schedule.

- I WILL not be up****** ratings for this edition. So players will be rated based on production from last year only when WTNY himself graded them.

- This Roster DOES have picks from 17’s amateur draft.

Finally, I do understand there are glitches, and player loss due to losing union rights with carry over. But, at the very least, this gives OS a roster to play with on 18’ that is scaled while all the other REAL roster makers work their magic! If I am missing anything I should know about, please correct me!

***Update***

I have completed the AL in whole. The NL is imported, and just needs to have the pitch edits/ratings/stances adjusted back to WTNY's Scale.
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." -Earl Weaver

Last edited by KingOfLanglade; 04-08-2018 at 01:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2018, 11:57 AM   #2
Pro

Re: SixFourThree’s “Carry Over” Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixFourThreeSzn
Hey Friends!

Since most of the Hybrid/Realism Rosters take time (as they rightly should) to come out. I am currently working on a roster that carries over WTNY’s excellent work this year, and incorporates SCEA CAPs so that they gain proper face scans/audio for 18.

I figured it would be easiest to bullet point what this roster has for those with prospective interest:

-Roster base is that of WTNY’s Realism Roster released last August. However, I am using the backdated, opening day/25 man roster version posted by redsoxfan31.

- Will have all SCEA CAPs from latest live update imported over all CAPs who made debuts this year. They are then being normalized to WTNYs Rating Scale through the very sophisticated process of pictures on my iPhone of the CAPs before I import over. This way, in theory, they should be given face scans/audio for 18’.

- Is made to be used opening day of 17’. I prefer it this way as I will be able to play a real 17’ schedule followed by a real 18’ schedule.

- I WILL not be up****** ratings for this edition. So players will be rated based on production from last year only when WTNY himself graded them.

- This Roster DOES have picks from 17’s amateur draft.

Finally, I do understand there are glitches, and player loss due to losing union rights with carry over. But, at the very least, this gives OS a roster to play with on 18’ that is scaled while all the other REAL roster makers work their magic! If I am missing anything I should know about, please correct me!

In terms of progress, I have the AL East, and AL Central SCEA CAPs imported over from the latest live update.
Will contracts be updated as well?
Old 03-12-2018, 02:52 PM   #3
Pro

KingOfLanglade's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Councilmann_Jamm
Will contracts be updated as well?

Contracts will be accurate as of opening day 2017.
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." -Earl Weaver
Old 03-24-2018, 02:38 PM   #4
Pro

KingOfLanglade's Arena

I can confirm that SCEA Caps from 17’ do gain audio, and face scans in 18’. I will now go full steam ahead with this roster for those still interested.
Old 03-24-2018, 03:33 PM   #5
Rookie

I tried by his but had the "only MLB players... Can be added to 40 man rosters" issue. Is this already in the vault?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2018, 04:28 PM   #6
Pro

KingOfLanglade's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landle
I tried by his but had the "only MLB players... Can be added to 40 man rosters" issue. Is this already in the vault?

It is not. I have been doing similar testing to make sure my efforts aren’t wasted due to a glitch.
Old 03-24-2018, 06:50 PM   #7
Rookie

I’m interested but what exactly are you doing? When I download this on 2018 what am I getting?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-24-2018, 08:48 PM   #8
Pro

KingOfLanglade's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidBream
I’m interested but what exactly are you doing? When I download this on 2018 what am I getting?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I want to be clear, I am not doing anything special. All credit goes to WTNY, Teeds, and Sox31. I am simply importing SCEA Caps from the latest LIVE Roster over the CAPs in the roster, then re inputting the stats. I have checked and most gain audio, and face scans.

This roster is also backdated to opening day of 2017 as I enjoy the idea of playing two real schedules.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »