Home

1997 Roster

This is a discussion on 1997 Roster within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-07-2018, 08:43 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
1997 Roster

First off allow me to credit Iteachpercussion and his 1994 roster set as with his consent I am using that roster as my base to save time in regards to players still In the league in 97. He does great work and I very much appreciate him always answering my questions allowing him to be a great resource for me.

With that out of the way I'll now discuss the roster itself. Before touching ratings and equipment I am building the rosters putting correct players on correct teams.

Teams completed in regards to placing players on teams:

AFC Central
Steelers
Ravens
Oilers
Jaguars
Bengals

AFC West
Chiefs
Broncos

I plan to update you guys regularly. Hoping this is a roster set you all can enjoy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2018, 10:12 PM   #2
Rookie

Isaacr88's Arena

Re: 1997 Roster

Awesome👍👍👍
Old 03-08-2018, 08:49 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaacr88
Awesome👍👍👍
Somehow Dilfer was a pro bowler lol
Old 03-09-2018, 11:52 PM   #4
Pro

I have successfully completed the Raiders and Sea hawks in regards to putting the correct players on the correct rosters. If there is anyone who would like to help with this part of the process just hit me up
Old 03-10-2018, 09:41 AM   #5
Pro

AFC Central and AFC West now have players on correct teams. AFC East is next
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2018, 02:18 PM   #6
Pro

Herschie's Arena

1997 was a dud for us Bears fans. We called it the start of the "Wanny Death Spiral", the first of consecutive 4-12 seasons under Dave Wannstedt. And, not surprisingly, 1998 was his last season.

The Bears had been declining more and more since 1985, which was apparent on a Monday night in Miami. In 1985, the 12-0 Bears got handed their first and only defeat of the season. But in 1997, the 0-7 Bears won their first game of the year, and didn't win many more. Both were on a Monday night, but the interesting part was why; the game in 1997 was supposed to be played that Sunday at 1:00 pm local time.

Well, it turned out that the Marlins needed Pro Player Stadium for Game 7 of the World Series, which obviously trumped the Dolphins' need. So the game was played on Monday night.

In any case, I'm looking forward to the challenge. Probably going to be a little smarter than Wannstedt and start Erik Kramer instead of putzing around with Rick Mirer or Steve Stenstrom.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:39 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschie
1997 was a dud for us Bears fans. We called it the start of the "Wanny Death Spiral", the first of consecutive 4-12 seasons under Dave Wannstedt. And, not surprisingly, 1998 was his last season.

The Bears had been declining more and more since 1985, which was apparent on a Monday night in Miami. In 1985, the 12-0 Bears got handed their first and only defeat of the season. But in 1997, the 0-7 Bears won their first game of the year, and didn't win many more. Both were on a Monday night, but the interesting part was why; the game in 1997 was supposed to be played that Sunday at 1:00 pm local time.

Well, it turned out that the Marlins needed Pro Player Stadium for Game 7 of the World Series, which obviously trumped the Dolphins' need. So the game was played on Monday night.

In any case, I'm looking forward to the challenge. Probably going to be a little smarter than Wannstedt and start Erik Kramer instead of putzing around with Rick Mirer or Steve Stenstrom.

Hard to believe Rick Mirer was employed by an NFL team in literal 2003 lol
Old 03-13-2018, 04:29 AM   #8
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers4190
Hard to believe Rick Mirer was employed by an NFL team in literal 2003 lol
Yup, and he will be fully playable in my Madden 2004 roster. lol He was actually employed by the Lions in 2004 as well.

Can't wait for this roster. Hopefully I can get the Pack past the Broncos in the SB and John has to go out with 0.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »