Home

Losing in career mode?

This is a discussion on Losing in career mode? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-28-2018, 05:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Losing in career mode?

Everyone probably beast in their career mode with no losses or 1 at the most. But what happens if you lose a lot?

Will your longevity decrease faster? Has anyone lost more than two times?

Last edited by Mister_No_Name; 02-28-2018 at 06:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2018, 07:11 PM   #2
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

Re: Losing in career mode?

I think losses take more off your longevity than a win would've where you took the same amount of damage. But I'm not sure.

You can take some losses, but fulfilling non-optional contract goals definitely matters. You can fail once and they'll give you one more contract to do it, but if you fail again it's literally game over. I lost twice to a rival (Felice Herrig) in my first crack at career mode and was forced to retire with a 9-2 record. There's no getting sent back down to WFA to hone your skills - you're just done. Seems stupid to me, but whatevs.

It'd be nice if the game told you ahead of time when a loss would result in your career being permanently ended.

Last edited by MeowingForVengeance; 02-28-2018 at 07:13 PM.
Old 02-28-2018, 08:12 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_No_Name
Everyone probably beast in their career mode with no losses or 1 at the most. But what happens if you lose a lot?

My first play through I did on pro and I was not as experienced at the game yet. Needless to say I lost quite a few (final record was somewhere around 16-7). I hit a stretch where I lost I think 3 in a row and was informed that another loss would result in the end of my career. I believe Dana White sent a tweet at me during my training basically saying I had one more shot to prove I should be in the ufc. And In the loading screen before the fight I was getting tweets saying “one more and he should be gone” or “he won’t be in the ufc with another loss”. I ended up losing the fight by decision and my career was ended. It was actually pretty satisfying to see that
Old 02-28-2018, 08:38 PM   #4
Rookie

I was wondering what it took to take the ultimate fighter route

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-28-2018, 08:46 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_No_Name

Yeah, it sucks. I handn't even won the title and was down to less than 50%. You'll get forced to retire and have to start all over again.

You know how most people in the UFC have a bunch of losses? I think Hendersin has 15. Bisping has 9. Victor Belfort has 13. Yeah, you can't play like that. The game doesn't want you to. You have to put the game on easy and never lose then you can play as long as you like.

Otherwise you are forced to retire, and start from the beginning. Why? No idea. I wanted the longevity meter to be optional, but apparently its realistic this way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2018, 10:11 PM   #6
Rookie

My very first career I actually finished with a record of 15-13. I think they kept me around in the UFC because my popularity was fairly high and somehow my fights kept generating medium/high hype despite losing. I actually finished my career with a win, and was forced to retire due to longevity. However, in my second career, I'm currently 30-2 and still have over 40% longevity left, so losses definitely do hurt your longevity a lot.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:32 PM   #7
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

You can lose as much as possible, aslong as you win the feature fight in your contract/fulfill your contract goals.

I completed career mode with a record of 48-8 or something like that.

I was deliberately losing in the end to try and kill off my longevity.

A gripe I have with career mode is I faced Werdum 5 times, Overeem 4 times, Ngannou 3, Hunt 2. I started at LHW aswell, so I worked my way up from that division.

Overeem has some ridiculous record with 120+ wins, and he is like 50+ aswell lol.

Career mode is lacking depth. It’s just a bunch of cutscenes and flashy contract goals to achieve.

Also, the only way you can win PoTN - well as far as I know, is to KO your opponent within 30 secs. ?!?!?!
Old 03-02-2018, 04:54 AM   #8
MVP

Losses don't mean much at all from my latest play.

Decided to try legendary mode, is fun, but I still got onto DWLFAF at 2-1, 4th fight was vs Ishihara as a UFC debut, lost a 1 sided dec.

Proceeded to become ranked, got ten fight streak, won rivalry fights but lost my no.1 contender fight.. then got title shot directly after billed as no.1 contender, despite not even being top 5 (I was 6th)

As someone else said, not much matters provided you win that rivalry fight, if you lose that you basically just repeat that "contract" again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »