Home

College Hoops True Sim 2k18 Roster

This is a discussion on College Hoops True Sim 2k18 Roster within the College Hoops 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-27-2018, 11:38 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
College Hoops True Sim 2k18 Roster

First off I must apologize to the community, because there has been several times I have had roster projects that fell through and didn't see its finish. I know how guys love playing this game and are wanting an updated roster for the 360 community. Even after failed projects, I have done a lot of research about this game and I know I can create a roster that gives us great gameplay but realistic sim stats. I must admit first off, this project is not something that will be continusily updated every year. I want to put time in effort into one great roster and then create a system for editing recruits coming so they are on par with the rest of the roster coming in. People may think it is too time consuming but to get a game as old as this to give a great season year in and year out in the dynasty mode, you are going to have to edit. I am telling you though, once you see how the game plays out you will be more than willing to make the updates each off season.

THE SYSTEM

I have been playing a lot of 2k18 MyPlayer and one of the best features about creating a player is the build and archetype. It allows for players foundation to be built on created prototypes, allowing certain ratings cap to be high, med, or low depending on the build. For example, a lock down defender will have high defensive ratings but low offensive ratings. With 2k8, the only option we have is to use preset such as distributor, shoot first, or defender (this would be for PGs in 2k8) to create player builds. I have decided to use a combination of 2k18's archetypes and 2k8 presets and create player builds. This will allow us to have "role players" so to speak and allow for separation between players. Take Trae Young for example, in my system his build is Shot Creating (Archetype) Distributor (Preset). His cap on certain ratings will be determined by his archetype and his preset will determine his off and def awr in the game.

This may sound confusing but I have a google docs file I have already have in works that can outline more of the things I am talking about. Along with these edits, I plan on updating all coaches records and attributes. Again, I essentially want to create the most perfect realistic roster possible and then use my system to update players coming.

Check out the docs file and give me feedback on anything you see or don't understand.

What I need from the community> If you are interested in helping, I am asking you do only a couple things for me. I will share the google docs file with you to edit and I just need rosters filled out in the google docs. I use verbalcommits.com to do scholarship and positions and then I use team official site roster to do height weight hometown number etc. As of now, I will do all of the ratings for players because I am not sure how to explain how ratings can be manipulated to give us sim stats.

I look forward to getting this roster started and I will post ratings for top players as I go along with the edits.

Docs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Last edited by BRASKA15; 02-27-2018 at 12:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2018, 07:12 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: College Hoops True Sim 2k18 Roster

Will this eventually be for both consoles (I'm PS3)?

The one thing most important to me, and the thing that's held me back from starting a dynasty on here (other than work and day to day life) is that I would like to find a roster download with updated, accurate coach names, styles, attributes and records. Matter of fact I would be perfectly ok with playing default 2007-08 rosters with ONLY the coach updates, that is the most important thing to me - after all, you are essentially taking on the role of a coach, and competing directly with those other coaches.
Old 02-28-2018, 02:06 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Spiderman
Will this eventually be for both consoles (I'm PS3)?

The one thing most important to me, and the thing that's held me back from starting a dynasty on here (other than work and day to day life) is that I would like to find a roster download with updated, accurate coach names, styles, attributes and records. Matter of fact I would be perfectly ok with playing default 2007-08 rosters with ONLY the coach updates, that is the most important thing to me - after all, you are essentially taking on the role of a coach, and competing directly with those other coaches.
Everything I do will be updated in a google doc file so if anyone on PS want do the roster they are more than wiling too. I will however only be doing this for Xbox.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:06 PM   #4
Rookie

Icon9 Re: College Hoops True Sim 2k18 Roster

I do not understand why all the A+ builds have 99 everything which is very unrealistic because they are not any perfect players so I would recommend revamping the ratings system because imo it looks very terrible. Thanks for heading a new Xbox 360 project though.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:13 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by germrocks
I do not understand why all the A+ builds have 99 everything which is very unrealistic because they are not any perfect players so I would recommend revamping the ratings system because imo it looks very terrible. Thanks for heading a new Xbox 360 project though.
If you look again, they actually don't. And again, this roster is about achieving sim stats. The range I have set up will give me the results I am looking for. Also, just because the highest a player can be is 99 doesn't mean each player will actually have that rating.

Last edited by BRASKA15; 03-02-2018 at 10:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2018, 11:11 PM   #6
MVP

TheRosterMaster's Arena

this is a pretty interesting method that would be pretty cool to see be completed
MLB: Pirates

Working on:

NBA 2K20 FDU Fictional Draft Classes
Old 03-04-2018, 03:38 PM   #7
Pro

Anyone interested in helping fill out team roster (height, weight, hometown, etc) PM me.
Old 03-04-2018, 05:56 PM   #8
Rookie

Ruud2You's Arena

Ratings are important

The most important thing when it comes to statistics is the tendencies. These are more important than the ratings themselves tbch which I'm sure you know, but just wanted to give a heads up

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Rosters »