Home

likely stupid question: Change player taking faceoff ?

This is a discussion on likely stupid question: Change player taking faceoff ? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-03-2018, 10:19 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
likely stupid question: Change player taking faceoff ?

Pretty new to the game (any NHL game ), so might be super simple but eludes me ... I don't mean changing the setup, but the actual player taking the faceoff. Having a young center coming up who looks really promising but has a pretty low faceoff rating ... Or is the rating irrelevant on user controlled faceoffs ?

Cheers in advance for any advise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2018, 01:59 AM   #2
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: likely stupid question: Change player taking faceoff ?

You could play him on the wing until he develops enough for your liking there. Faceoffs are both timing and ratings based.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 02-13-2018, 02:52 AM   #3
Just started!

OVR: 0

hi there,

here's a somehow weird faceoff issue: all of a sudden, I can't use the forehand stance with my top line center (derek stepan) anymore. when I line up for a faceoff using said grip (and yes, right stick is exactly at 3 o'clock!), it tells me I was too early with my player starting to jiggle up and down. changed controllers more than once and the problem is still there. swapped to another righty - problem gone! I'm sort of clueless as to what is going on here... have you ever noticed anything similar?

another thing: has anyone of you ever used precision skating effectively in this game? I'm not talking about vision control, I'm completely aware of what that is and of how L2 is used. my question is about holding the L1 button and then moving your player in any direction.

apart from this, I quite like the game. It certainly has its flaws, but they don't justify the amount of rather ridiculous post around the forums...

thanks in advance for any thoughts, comments or maybe even help!
Old 02-16-2018, 05:56 PM   #4
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottensen
hi there,

here's a somehow weird faceoff issue: all of a sudden, I can't use the forehand stance with my top line center (derek stepan) anymore. when I line up for a faceoff using said grip (and yes, right stick is exactly at 3 o'clock!), it tells me I was too early with my player starting to jiggle up and down. changed controllers more than once and the problem is still there. swapped to another righty - problem gone! I'm sort of clueless as to what is going on here... have you ever noticed anything similar?

another thing: has anyone of you ever used precision skating effectively in this game? I'm not talking about vision control, I'm completely aware of what that is and of how L2 is used. my question is about holding the L1 button and then moving your player in any direction.

apart from this, I quite like the game. It certainly has its flaws, but they don't justify the amount of rather ridiculous post around the forums...

thanks in advance for any thoughts, comments or maybe even help!
The faceoff issue seems to be the game not reading input correctly/faulty thumbstick/user error. I get it sometimes randomly and I've played the game enough to know how to properly hold the stick. I haven't ever really gotten the precision skating to work properly. I've never "held the line" with my Defense and if I'm playing against the cpu they just usually skate up and steal the puck if I try. I just gave up on trying.
Old 02-16-2018, 05:57 PM   #5
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whomario
Pretty new to the game (any NHL game ), so might be super simple but eludes me ... I don't mean changing the setup, but the actual player taking the faceoff. Having a young center coming up who looks really promising but has a pretty low faceoff rating ... Or is the rating irrelevant on user controlled faceoffs ?

Cheers in advance for any advise.
As mentioned, the best thing to do is just move him to wing. If you still want to play him at Center, the best thing to do is tie up most face-offs or master the timing mechanism. There's no way to sub a player in. Maybe one year when they add the real face-off NHL rules.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »