Home

All-Madden

This is a discussion on All-Madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-02-2018, 08:47 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
All-Madden

What adjustments do you guys make to sliders or gameplay?

We recently switched to all madden and are playing on default sliders and normal gamespeed but have been getting some cheesy results and ridiculous gameplay from the computer and just wanted to see what changes people make to make it more balanced.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2018, 09:30 AM   #2
Rookie

GoBlue7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: All-Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftyjets

We recently switched to all madden and are playing on default sliders and normal gamespeed but have been getting some cheesy results and ridiculous gameplay from the computer and just wanted to see what changes people make to make it more balanced.

Thanks

You have to skew them in favor of the user to counteract the all madden effect. Even then, you will still see some things that will make you roll your eyes. I have been using Armor and Sword's AM sliders and have been getting decent games. Check out his thread in the slider fourm.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:11 AM   #3
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Won't play at that setting.

It's like going against 22 players rated 127.

All-Pro is much cleaner and more realistic.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:51 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr

Do you adjust the all-pro slider levels for the cpu to increase the cpu skill?
Old 02-02-2018, 01:09 PM   #5
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Do you adjust the all-pro slider levels for the cpu to increase the cpu skill?
I use 'Itbeme23' slider set.

Should be a thread about it floating around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2018, 01:38 AM   #6
Rookie

Landonio's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr

This 100%.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:52 AM   #7
Rookie

I don’t find All-Madden to be all that unfair if you tweak the sliders and settings. Yes, the CPU’s players will play better than your players, but your playcall and decision making will always be far better than the CPU, so the CPU players need to be better to balance it out.

On the other hand, I can’t play a game of All-Pro without beating the cpu by 20+ points. It’s a snore.

In fact, my biggest difficulty is how to make the CPU on all madden harder without just upping the sliders which leads to more cheesy stuff. (I don’t want to have to throw 4 picks in order to be in a position to lose a game)

So I handicap myself:

-I don’t pick my own plays, I use the strategy suggestion plays and limit myself to either the first pass play on the list or the first run play on the list. So basically for every offensive play of the game I choose between two CPU suggested plays - one a run and one a pass.

-I do not allow myself to call audibles or hot routes, ever. I run whatever I call, if it’s a play with crappy routes, then I just have to find a way to make it work.

-I play no-switch on defense and do not control catches on offense. So I control WRs, but only after they have made the catch.

-I also play on the highest possible game speed - very fast. This is a great way to increase the challenge because it makes the game harder for the user without actually changing gameplay mechanics like sliders. (Some say that the game does play different on different speeds, but still not to the degree of changing sliders/difficulty levels). This forces the user to need to make significantly faster reactions, which is a big challenge for a human, but not the CPU.

I do all of this on All-Madden with the sliders adjusted to help minimize cheesy CPU play.
Old 02-03-2018, 04:24 PM   #8
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:

Thanks
I can beat the CPU on All Madden, but it really infuriates me to see elite players consistently owned by bad CPU players, since that is unrealistic. So what I normally do is bump up user coverage, reaction and tackling, and then bump up run blocking and receiver skill. Then I’ll bump down CPU pass blocking and qb accuracy.

That way the game is still challenging but I’m not seeing Richard Sherman constantly owned by A.J. Jenkins.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »