Home

not as bad as some people say

This is a discussion on not as bad as some people say within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-29-2018, 04:28 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
not as bad as some people say

I have played the series for many years and this year also up to Xmas when i got fifa 18. I only play franchise in nhl and manager in fifa, other than the training element in fifa and more transfers taking place in my view there isnt much difference in the 2 games. The game announcers in fifa are boring and repetitive and get it wrong often. The game play is ok but not that much better than nhl18. My view is they should add the training element to nhl 18 and polish it up . Fifa 18 is not that far ahead and not without its bugs. ( doesnt even have all the correct ground names in the english leagues).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2018, 09:58 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: not as bad as some people say

every year people bash the game, and they have a right to their opinions as I stick mostly to play now and playoff mode, but I always enjoy the NHL games personally. I am realistic though and know its a video game and no matter how much I wish it was more like real hockey on tv it feels as close as the series has come to me.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:45 AM   #3
Pro

vertman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mangang
every year people bash the game, and they have a right to their opinions as I stick mostly to play now and playoff mode, but I always enjoy the NHL games personally. I am realistic though and know its a video game and no matter how much I wish it was more like real hockey on tv it feels as close as the series has come to me.
I have been using TNK's sliders for the past two years and the game plays a really good game of hockey. You really need to play defense with his sliders and not just mash the poke check button or you will get penalty after penalty. Game is not perfect like you say but its pretty close for me and also enjoyable so I guess that's all that matters. Cycle and dump the puck and get it to the open man, clear the puck when your under pressure and freeze the puck with the goalie pretty much all of the time and you will be surprised at how well the game plays. Basically play real hockey and no cheesing.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:51 AM   #4
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

I’m glad some guys can still enjoy it. Unfortunately for me the teamate AI renders it unplayable. They wander aimlessly, freeze up after face offs, bunch up like a flock of geese, and skate into you constantly. No sliders fix that. I would be able to live with the game and all its flaws and lack of innovation if they corrected that one thing but as of now it’s just a North and South cluster F that plays nothing like the sport of hockey. Until any competition to the market arrives this franchise will remain a poorly made roster update each year with a few gimmicks added and cash cow HUT.
Old 01-31-2018, 03:14 PM   #5
Rookie

BigBadAss33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
I’m glad some guys can still enjoy it. Unfortunately for me the teamate AI renders it unplayable. They wander aimlessly, freeze up after face offs, bunch up like a flock of geese, and skate into you constantly. No sliders fix that. I would be able to live with the game and all its flaws and lack of innovation if they corrected that one thing but as of now it’s just a North and South cluster F that plays nothing like the sport of hockey. Until any competition to the market arrives this franchise will remain a poorly made roster update each year with a few gimmicks added and cash cow HUT.
just wondering - do you play POSITION LOCK? if you dont then i suggest you should.. It fixes alot of the AI problems. IMO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2018, 04:27 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

A buddy loaned it to my, I find penalty and hybrid controls defiantly improved from nhl 16. Engine is too old, visual nothing change since NHL 15. It's in sale right now for 23$ for ps plus member. I think for that price it's worth it.

I still wish there would be allowing customise roster like Madden 17 or MLB the show in modes
Old 02-02-2018, 06:14 PM   #7
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
The flaws in this game can be managed. And if you don't skate at the CPU d men to have them back up to the goalie and instead play a passing game, then the gameplay can be quite good.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:00 PM   #8
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josam27o7
The flaws in this game can be managed. And if you don't skate at the CPU d men to have them back up to the goalie and instead play a passing game, then the gameplay can be quite good.
How I skate with a player I control has zero to do with the incompetence of the AI bots. It’s nit hockey it’s not even close and I stand by my post. Again I have no issue with anyone e joying the game that’s totally cool. I yearn for a game that captures how hockey is actually played.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »