Home

This game is in-sane

This is a discussion on This game is in-sane within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-06-2018, 07:06 PM   #1
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

OVR: 0
This game is in-sane

I dont know what the developers were thinking when making this game. Playing live run is a gongshow. The game has no structure, it requires no discipline. Shooters and all builds are hitting 95 % of shots , 3 pointers , circus layups, dunks, everything. Only position thats at a disadvantage is the post anchor, it misses its contested shots under the rim, but all other builds seem to thrive no problem hitting all contested shots, i mean i saw my post anchor lose jump balls to point shooters. The game is just chaos and randomness and i think they have no clue how to make this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2018, 08:21 PM   #2
MVP

FerdBrown's Arena

Re: This game is in-sane

With ball hogs notwithstanding, I disagree it’s chaos.

I played with wing shooters going 1-6 from 3!

I think you try other builds depending on your play style. I use 7’2 Rim Protector and it’s fun!
Old 01-06-2018, 08:26 PM   #3
MVP

FerdBrown's Arena

https://youtu.be/Uka_a0BoGZ8

Sample among many plays.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:39 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

I don't agree with the entirety of the OP - what I will agree with is that rebounding is completly random and chaotic. I initially ran with a Post Anchor but I had to change up because I realized it was somewhat of a useless build for that reason.

Now I run with a Stretch and randomly hit contested jumpers. But to be fair - I have a maxed out character with the GOLD deadeye badge.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:37 AM   #5
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

The game is fun but they really need to vary the damn gameplay because 16 had the same problem with every team wanting to drive to the paint constantly. It kills the game for me. The funny thing is this gameplay wasn't like this until they patched it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2018, 08:37 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 10

from playing a bit, the game isn't really random. In 'the other game' it seemed like there was a level of computer assistance, in this there isn't. Most of the players you play with in Live Run are extra trash, though. There is a way to stop just about everything, from what I've seen.

Had a guy doing step back 3s with a stretch big vs my big, tho, and he pretty much destroyed me. He kept breaking my ankles, even broke my ankles on a step back so I was bending over when he wet one. It's like man, ok. haha.

There are some balance issues, like it seems as though it's too easy to score inside unless you get a good contest, but I'd say it's 'balanced.' It might sound weird, but I think the better team wins in Live, in my experience.

If you ever played League on Superstar, the way they call fouls is really interesting. It would make for a great pro am mode, but everyone would be fouling out cuz they would be trying to block everything.

It's obviously a simple game, but the way certain interactions work... like a pick and roll is really fluid looking. Some of the 1 v 1s look really fluid. I've seen dudes get to the rim every time 3 games in a row and then in another game get stopped before they can even get close, so I do think that skill matters.

I'm loving the 'new game' feel of it.

-Smak
Old 01-18-2018, 06:31 AM   #7
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
from playing a bit, the game isn't really random. In 'the other game' it seemed like there was a level of computer assistance, in this there isn't. Most of the players you play with in Live Run are extra trash, though. There is a way to stop just about everything, from what I've seen.

Had a guy doing step back 3s with a stretch big vs my big, tho, and he pretty much destroyed me. He kept breaking my ankles, even broke my ankles on a step back so I was bending over when he wet one. It's like man, ok. haha.

There are some balance issues, like it seems as though it's too easy to score inside unless you get a good contest, but I'd say it's 'balanced.' It might sound weird, but I think the better team wins in Live, in my experience.

If you ever played League on Superstar, the way they call fouls is really interesting. It would make for a great pro am mode, but everyone would be fouling out cuz they would be trying to block everything.

It's obviously a simple game, but the way certain interactions work... like a pick and roll is really fluid looking. Some of the 1 v 1s look really fluid. I've seen dudes get to the rim every time 3 games in a row and then in another game get stopped before they can even get close, so I do think that skill matters.

I'm loving the 'new game' feel of it.

-Smak
Maybe some of the other modes have more structure, but you cant tell me that Live run does. Its just randomness

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »