Home

CFM Spreadsheet Geeks

This is a discussion on CFM Spreadsheet Geeks within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-05-2018, 12:14 PM   #1
Data = Power

Billy4NY's Arena

OVR: 0
CFM Spreadsheet Geeks

I am a huge CFM and like to dive deep into the details of my Franchise for the fun of it. I have used spreadsheets over the years for my franchises. Started out with pen and paper while trying to recruit players in NCAA 2007. Now, I use them to track how my players progressed with their ratings, quickly identify needs rather than flipping through the depth chart and roster menus in game, and use them for navigating contracts and projecting salary cap issues among other stat recording and schedule detailing that I have added in.

I am looking for folks out there that use spreadsheets like me and I would like to see what kind of methods you use to track the details of your Franchise. Or for any CFM fan out there that finds this stuff interesting I would love to hear some feedback on how my spreadsheet is laid out or what I could add to it to make my CFM really come to life. To be clear, I am just looking for feedback on my spreadsheet and things I track vs. things I don't. I am NOT looking for criticism on how unrealistic I might play my games or manage my teams. I think CFM gives everyone the chance to make their own NFL world and each person should make it their own depending on their interests.

You can see mine in the attached document. Here is a breakdown of each of the tabs and their purpose:

NFL Roster: Track current and past players on my roster and their ratings while on my team. Also, included details of how they were acquired or why they departed the team.

Draft Results: Records details of each draft. The key information on here that I like to track that the game won't is the True Talent Rank that is presented to you upon selecting a player. I find this adds to the story of a player's career.

Contracts: Illustrates each player's current contract including their bonus. Other details included are their Overall, Age, and Development Trait to assist in making contract decisions. There is also a row that counts the N/A's for a given year so you know how many spots you might have to fill.

NFL Recap: Shows final Division Standings for my division, Awards, Coaching Staff, Schedule Results, Playoff details for each round (including comments), and other misc. data that I have sometimes included.

Season Stats: Records my players' season stats in Passing, Rushing, Receiving, and Defense for the relative top performers in each category. Also, included Team Stats off to the right.

Note: If you are curious, I do play 15 minutes quarters on All-Madden with adjusted sliders.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Madden 2016 - Eagles Franchise.zip (562.8 KB, 491 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2018, 01:46 PM   #2
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

Re: CFM Spreadsheet Geeks

I'm all over this stuff. I do the same for CFM, for my Twins franchise on the Show, and for my Universe on WWE 2K18.

I even double as a beat writer on my own stuff lol. I excited to check yours out.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-05-2018, 01:47 PM   #3
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

Aaaaaaand I can't open the file for some reason. I'll try my laptop....

Old 01-05-2018, 01:57 PM   #4
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

That is impressive. This is very well put together.

IMO, all it is missing would be a page tracking the Eagles All Time statistical records. Career, Season, and Single game records are huge emersion factors for me.

Old 01-05-2018, 01:58 PM   #5
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

And NFL All Time leaders too, and how your CFM carries and alters those..

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2018, 06:18 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I really like the draft results tab. I wish Madden kept track of draft classes so you could look back at an entire draft a few years after it took place and see who panned out and who didn't
Old 01-05-2018, 07:53 PM   #7
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

You seem to really know your way around excel too....pm me if you would have any interest in helping me set one up. My skills are Mendoza line on that.

Old 01-05-2018, 09:56 PM   #8
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

This is AWESOME! Would you happen to have a blank template you'd be willing to post? I'm definitely interested in using this for my own franchise I'm about to begin.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »