Home

Are We Asking Too Much From Franchise Mode?

This is a discussion on Are We Asking Too Much From Franchise Mode? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-31-2017, 09:34 PM   #1
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

OVR: 0
Are We Asking Too Much From Franchise Mode?

I was watching a (insert OS-deemed controversial YouTuber) video where he compared the career modes between UFC 3 and Madden 18. I’m not that big of a combat sports guy, but I was blown away at the depth that the UFC career has. Social media influence, GOAT status, interactive weigh-ins, etc. I can think back to a time when Madden separated its’ game modes: Superstar, Franchise, and Owner Mode. Each one had their own unique features, whether it was the movie deals with Superstar or negotiating a contract with someone and trying to meet their requirements in Franchise. Ever since Madden 13 was released, “Connected Franchise”, to me, doesn’t seem to connect nicely. It looks and feels like a lot of concepts were thrown together to make a very ugly sandwich. Chalk this up to lack of detail, lack of focus, what have you, but ultimately, I think I’ve been playing the same Franchise mode for five years.

I apologize for rambling a bit, but are we asking too much from the dev team? They have a little under a year to fine-tune their product, add a few new things and market said product. That’s not nearly enough time to produce a quality, different Franchise mode year in and year out. I love Franchise, I love Superstar, but both modes have deteriorated badly over the years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2017, 10:29 PM   #2
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Re: Are We Asking Too Much From Franchise Mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCutlersCig
I was watching a (insert OS-deemed controversial YouTuber) video where he compared the career modes between UFC 3 and Madden 18. I’m not that big of a combat sports guy, but I was blown away at the depth that the UFC career has. Social media influence, GOAT status, interactive weigh-ins, etc. I can think back to a time when Madden separated its’ game modes: Superstar, Franchise, and Owner Mode. Each one had their own unique features, whether it was the movie deals with Superstar or negotiating a contract with someone and trying to meet their requirements in Franchise. Ever since Madden 13 was released, “Connected Franchise”, to me, doesn’t seem to connect nicely. It looks and feels like a lot of concepts were thrown together to make a very ugly sandwich. Chalk this up to lack of detail, lack of focus, what have you, but ultimately, I think I’ve been playing the same Franchise mode for five years.

I apologize for rambling a bit, but are we asking too much from the dev team? They have a little under a year to fine-tune their product, add a few new things and market said product. That’s not nearly enough time to produce a quality, different Franchise mode year in and year out. I love Franchise, I love Superstar, but both modes have deteriorated badly over the years.
No.

If other games have a feature that's applicable to franchise mode, there is no reason it shouldn't be in Madden.
Old 12-31-2017, 10:36 PM   #3
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Asking too much? In general, no, not at all.

Do some people have incredibly unrealistic expectations of what can and/or will be accomplished year-over-year? Definitely.

Madden needs to, regardless of the amount of features added, communicate and demonstrate a clear vision for where things are going.
Old 12-31-2017, 10:37 PM   #4
MVP

tyler28's Arena

Quote:

No, because theyve had everything they needed for an in depth and complete cfm in past maddens. They have removed everything that made madden great in the early 2000s till late ps3 and current gen. Ps2 madden was full of cfm depth. I easily got lost in that game during college. Todays madden cfm is a shell of a game depth wise . Its not too much to ask to put some effort into a game with such a huge fan base with the technology thats available to them. The lack of effort is overwhelming

Sent from my SM-G935P using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by tyler28; 12-31-2017 at 10:52 PM.
Old 12-31-2017, 11:41 PM   #5
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

Just to be clear, I don’t think so, either. I think it’ll be a few years, five max, before we get the franchise mode we want. Wholeheartedly agree with SmashMan: these devs need to communicate their goals outright and stop beating around the bush.

Happy New Years to you all, and keep safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2018, 08:54 AM   #6
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

Absolutely not. Go back and play dynasty mode for NCAA 14 and think about this question. That...personally...is what I want in Madden CFM
Old 01-01-2018, 11:18 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't think we're asking too much or asking for anything that isn't capable of being put in the game, but I do fear that our vision and the developer's vision for cfm are completely different
Old 01-01-2018, 12:17 PM   #8
Pro

If they could have features in older games, on less powerful systems, then there's no excuse for not being able to port/create those features on current gen. And even then, where's the innovation, new features (not rehashed features from years past), and CUSTOMIZATION? If other games can do it, then certainly Madden can too. For me, it all boils down to choice. Either they choose not to due to suits, desire not to, no need to (see MUT/Esports), or an inability talent wise to do so.

Do we don't ask too much of them? NO. In fact, one could argue we don't ask/expect enough of them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »