Home

How to stop blow by, great defense scheme to use.

This is a discussion on How to stop blow by, great defense scheme to use. within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-24-2017, 11:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How to stop blow by, great defense scheme to use.

On-ball : Gap
Off-ball : Tight

People like to drive as soon they catch the ball, when they catch the ball, your defender will immediately back off, this will close off the drive cause you're giving up no room to drive.... What you need to do is manual close out youself, what I like to do is wait a sec when they catch the pass, as i see my defender back off, I click on the defender and play onball to close out and press my right stick up.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2018, 04:02 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: How to stop blow by, great defense scheme to use.

This is the brutal part of SuperMax...played a team stacked with speed and dunkers...was unstoppable. The difficulty setting is too low...guys just bully to the rim.
Old 01-02-2018, 10:51 PM   #3
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

I played a guy in Pack and Playoffs who ran three SFs at the 3-5, PG at the center. All he did was run that stupid Warriors Center Iso for George (plus some cheese plays like Iso 1 Angle and Quick 4 Horns Flare.) He killed me by like 20 because of it. Any ways to stop that when I have Davis at center? Cause I tried gap, zone, off ball, everything I could think of. Plus he was bragging and quick pausing. Worst experience in this game yet, TBH.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Old 01-03-2018, 03:30 AM   #4
Rookie

RodionMaZ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb625
I played a guy in Pack and Playoffs who ran three SFs at the 3-5, PG at the center. All he did was run that stupid Warriors Center Iso for George (plus some cheese plays like Iso 1 Angle and Quick 4 Horns Flare.) He killed me by like 20 because of it. Any ways to stop that when I have Davis at center? Cause I tried gap, zone, off ball, everything I could think of. Plus he was bragging and quick pausing. Worst experience in this game yet, TBH.

Do you have clips of what it looked like?
Old 01-03-2018, 05:26 AM   #5
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodionMaZ
Do you have clips of what it looked like?
I'm technologically challenged so I don't, but it's literally just 5-out by a different name.

European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2018, 07:33 PM   #6
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5

You can't stop it. Thats all people do in Supermax as well. Run 4out, call pick and pop with a shooter and sprint all the way to the rim. Going under screen does nothing because if you aren't there with RS and LT as soon as the guy takes his first step, 2k logic concludes that that means that the player can sprint right through you. In real life, goin under screens is a godsend when you have players that don't shoot off the dribble but maybe next year it'll work.
Old 01-30-2018, 05:35 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
You can't stop it. Thats all people do in Supermax as well. Run 4out, call pick and pop with a shooter and sprint all the way to the rim. Going under screen does nothing because if you aren't there with RS and LT as soon as the guy takes his first step, 2k logic concludes that that means that the player can sprint right through you. In real life, goin under screens is a godsend when you have players that don't shoot off the dribble but maybe next year it'll work.
I feel ya bro , it is hard to stop that pick n pop, if you have good defenders it's easier but you cant stop it everytime. Know the two running the plays and guess before they engage . If you see your small has the driver covered then switch to big and await the intercept or pop contest. If it looks like the driver has the first step quickly call for a double before he gets to the rim and have help and no rotation applied. its a about quick decisions and sometimes guessing right but I have diamond Kobe and he got clamps ya'll.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »