Home

Did you prefer the defence in 2k17 MyTeam to this years?

This is a discussion on Did you prefer the defence in 2k17 MyTeam to this years? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-16-2017, 08:48 PM   #1
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5
Did you prefer the defence in 2k17 MyTeam to this years?

Because I do. Even when winning games, I feel like I'm going insane because of how garbage the on ball defence is in this mode this year. Guys just calling 4-Out then bumrushing you until the game forces you to concede to the blowby. Then they do a contact dunk on any help defender (thats if they don't kick it out for an open 3 if you rotate).

In 2k17 I remember the worst thing about the defence being the dumb AI on PnRs, but that was bandaid fixed if you changed the defensive settings/manually played with the roll man defender. Getting by a defender actually took skill, and on ball defence was viable to play. Notice how taking out 5-Out wasn't necessary last year because we could actually play man defence?

This is my favourite mode in this game and its the only reason I play it now that they turned MyCareer into a 100 hour advertisement for gatorade and foot locker. When I finish all time Dom idk what I'm going to do with this game because playing MyTeam online is a horrible experience
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2017, 12:27 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Did you prefer the defence in 2k17 MyTeam to this years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
Because I do. Even when winning games, I feel like I'm going insane because of how garbage the on ball defence is in this mode this year. Guys just calling 4-Out then bumrushing you until the game forces you to concede to the blowby. Then they do a contact dunk on any help defender (thats if they don't kick it out for an open 3 if you rotate).

In 2k17 I remember the worst thing about the defence being the dumb AI on PnRs, but that was bandaid fixed if you changed the defensive settings/manually played with the roll man defender. Getting by a defender actually took skill, and on ball defence was viable to play. Notice how taking out 5-Out wasn't necessary last year because we could actually play man defence?

This is my favourite mode in this game and its the only reason I play it now that they turned MyCareer into a 100 hour advertisement for gatorade and foot locker. When I finish all time Dom idk what I'm going to do with this game because playing MyTeam online is a horrible experience
Im about to quit, Ive spent 200 trying to build the best team and still lose cause i refuse to cheese, I dont want to iso and dunk all game, I just want to play sim ball....
Old 12-17-2017, 01:20 AM   #3
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

I think 2K16 was superior to both to be honest.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-18-2017, 07:57 AM   #4
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Agree with you guys, this year defense is trash.

I figured that I'm forced to use "Deny" in Off-Ball Settings to every shooter, if I want my CPU teammates to stick to their man. If not, I can on-ball as good as I want, CPU will leave his man in the corner for the easy 3 ball.

By setting emphasis to conservative defense I get some less stupid help in the zone which always leads to unnecessary fouls. It still happens, that you play good on-ball and CPU comes rushing by and causing the most idiotic fouls which lead to freethrows, but I have the feeling it got a little better.

It's possible to stop blow-by cheese, but you need correct settings, play decent on-ball and the most important thing... have players with size and defensive attributes.

Nothing sweeter than raging these kids out of SuperSweat.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »