Home

What level are you playing on?

This is a discussion on What level are you playing on? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-11-2017, 12:23 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
What level are you playing on?

Trying to find the right level...

Tried superstar and liked the challenge the CPU defense gave me...but on offense they go nuts. Played the Cavs and even Jose and Channing Frye would pass up open Js and drive the hoop like they were suddenly the Greek Freak reincarnated.

Anyone recommend a perfect level for balance? Challenging CPU defense combined with realistic offense...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2017, 02:11 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: What level are you playing on?

I would suspect All Star, but I personally play on Superstar. I will say that there are methods and strategies you can employ at this level to encourage the cpu to distribute the ball more judiciously and to cycle through players ultimately yielding more mid range jump shots, step backs, elbow shots, etc, etc. As long as you haven't modified any sliders, you can dictate how the cpu approaches the game from the onset or opening periods of the game. As you may know, as has been the case with Live for some time, the cpu will typically follow the path of least resistance and if it detects that you aren't able to keep it from exploiting or capitalizing on available space allowed between it and the human player, it will continue to return to the proverbial "well" for buckets!

If you can manage to crowd the cpu, on ball and off ball, that elicits a re-calculation by the cpu and can unlock a more balanced and rewarding game, but forgive me for digressing. To your question, I would think All Star with some slider mods (be careful with game speed adjustments) could do the trick.

Last edited by Calvenn; 12-11-2017 at 02:15 AM.
Old 12-11-2017, 03:00 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvenn
I would suspect All Star, but I personally play on Superstar. I will say that there are methods and strategies you can employ at this level to encourage the cpu to distribute the ball more judiciously and to cycle through players ultimately yielding more mid range jump shots, step backs, elbow shots, etc, etc. As long as you haven't modified any sliders, you can dictate how the cpu approaches the game from the onset or opening periods of the game. As you may know, as has been the case with Live for some time, the cpu will typically follow the path of least resistance and if it detects that you aren't able to keep it from exploiting or capitalizing on available space allowed between it and the human player, it will continue to return to the proverbial "well" for buckets!

If you can manage to crowd the cpu, on ball and off ball, that elicits a re-calculation by the cpu and can unlock a more balanced and rewarding game, but forgive me for digressing. To your question, I would think All Star with some slider mods (be careful with game speed adjustments) could do the trick.

Good post

What speed are you playing on?
Old 12-11-2017, 03:59 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier
Good post

What speed are you playing on?
The default 80 speed in my case. You may be able to adjust speed to your liking and perhaps get good results, but I believe you will have to be a lot more precise and balanced with the other slider settings and we all may not have time for that right? From my observation, it's easier to leave the speed at 80 and modify other physical sliders like jostle v blow by, on ball collision, etc, to slow down the game while retaining a semblance of a mid range game among other things.. Also, reducing the speed too much neuters certain players moves. For example, cpu Kyrie may no longer use specific signature moves you will only see at the higher speed, etc.

Last edited by Calvenn; 12-11-2017 at 04:02 AM.
Old 12-11-2017, 08:01 AM   #5
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I'm on Superstar too.

My experience is similar. I don't see much offense run by the CPU. Seems like most possesions I'm knocking back their drives until they take a contested shot or they throw it in for a quick hook. Sure, if I completely back off of them, they'll shoot a jumper but I'm not a huge fan of playing like that.

I do like their aggressiveness in transistion though...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2017, 08:50 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I'm on Superstar too.

My experience is similar. I don't see much offense run by the CPU. Seems like most possesions I'm knocking back their drives until they take a contested shot or they throw it in for a quick hook. Sure, if I completely back off of them, they'll shoot a jumper but I'm not a huge fan of playing like that.

I do like their aggressiveness in transistion though...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
That is pretty much ‘all’ I see.

Charge into the back, knocked back, repeat or shoot a three...

There are basically no plays at all run
Old 12-11-2017, 09:17 AM   #7
Pro

I have all the jostle sliders very low as I hate the bump back animations ...

Guess I will have to raise them high though as everyone on the cpu can get to the rim right now...
Old 12-12-2017, 12:01 PM   #8
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier
Trying to find the right level...

Tried superstar and liked the challenge the CPU defense gave me...but on offense they go nuts. Played the Cavs and even Jose and Channing Frye would pass up open Js and drive the hoop like they were suddenly the Greek Freak reincarnated.

Anyone recommend a perfect level for balance? Challenging CPU defense combined with realistic offense...
I play on All Star and I lowered the CPU shooting sliders (for all categories from 30 to 35 or so. I seem to have some pretty good matchups.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »