Home

Amy Magic Johnson

This is a discussion on Amy Magic Johnson within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-04-2017, 10:33 AM   #1
Rookie

NDyse10's Arena

OVR: 0
Amy Magic Johnson

Anybody used this guy?

If so, what do you think? Is he worth his 150k-200k price tag? I could be off on that number but based on what auctions seem to end at he is in that range depending if he has a diamond shoe or not.

I have 210k and am considering getting him but can’t decide.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2017, 02:14 PM   #2
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

Re: Amy Magic Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDyse10
Anybody used this guy?

If so, what do you think? Is he worth his 150k-200k price tag? I could be off on that number but based on what auctions seem to end at he is in that range depending if he has a diamond shoe or not.

I have 210k and am considering getting him but can’t decide.
No way is an amethyst with no three ball who barely dunks and 1 good HOF badge worth that much of your mt. I don't think he's better than Penny tbh.
Old 12-04-2017, 02:17 PM   #3
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

He definitely is. As every year. You dont need a 3 ball if you use him right. He cannot be stopped 1 vs 1, not even by elite SF defenders. Oh and use the HOF flashy pass, its quicker than a normal pass too.
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Bench: THE BIG O-GOONRICH-FlyersIGGY-GRANDMA-Ammy GERMINATOR
Old 12-04-2017, 02:46 PM   #4
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer
He definitely is. As every year. You dont need a 3 ball if you use him right. He cannot be stopped 1 vs 1, not even by elite SF defenders. Oh and use the HOF flashy pass, its quicker than a normal pass too.
Yeah if you have 800k MT sure but spending that much of your mt percentage wise isn't worth it. He's not even an end-game card. I think you're better off saving up for something better.
Old 12-04-2017, 02:46 PM   #5
MVP

Based on his card from last year, he should be extremely effective if you play him to his strengths. That said, if he costs basically all the MT you have at this point in the game, then that seems like too much, to me. Unless you're resigned to spending $ for VC later, and/or are very good at making MT in the AH. Otherwise, you'll be blowing your wad to have one of the best cards now, but not have MT to build a good squad later in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2017, 03:20 PM   #6
Rookie

NDyse10's Arena

All of this is good information. The last my team I played was 2k16 where there amytheysts right away.

I want to improve by my team but whenever I think about doing so I am told it would be best to Wait.

What is a smart upgrade I could do now (or soon) to improve my team?

I am almost done with all time domination so I will have Unseld soon.

PG Jo Jo White
SG Rip Hamilton
SF Artest
PF Bob Love
C Bill Russell

PG Fat Lever
SG Rider
SF Sapphire Elgin
PF J. Kersey
C Spencer Haywood

Appreciate all the help
Old 12-04-2017, 06:20 PM   #7
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5

In 2k17 he was my starting PG even with an all diamond team when I was in 3rd prestige PD tier. If this card is what last years is, YES he is worth it. I literally averaged 16 a game with him because his driving layup is so OP and if you aren't contesting them with another defender, he's automatically going to score layups. Add on top of that that he has a post game and is like 6'9 meaning that if you are good at post moves, you can force people to have to put their sf on him just to guard him.

The key to using him is to utilize the directional layups. His huge wingspan and layup ratings makes him hard to block on layups, and unlike dunks, layups aren't slow as **** and easy to block. Use eurosteps, and left and right layups and you'll find yourself making layups in traffic all game

Edit: I'm saying its worth it if you have a lot of MT and can spare 100k (which will probably be his price in the coming weeks with more Amy cards coming out). Don't spend a mill on him lol

Last edited by UnbelievablyRAW; 12-04-2017 at 06:22 PM.
Old 12-05-2017, 12:48 AM   #8
Rookie

I would hold off on large purchases like that until closer to the end of the season. You will probably be able to get a diamond magic then

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »