Home

Ground and Pound in UFC 3 is worthless.

This is a discussion on Ground and Pound in UFC 3 is worthless. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-02-2017, 01:29 AM   #1
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

OVR: 0
Ground and Pound in UFC 3 is worthless.

The ground and pound has been nerfed so much in this game it’s not even funny. Full mount is pretty much worthless unless you do a sub, and half guard is also a waste. Also Stacked guard is useless and pretty much every ground and pound position. It’s so damn hard to break an opponents block now.

All ppl have to do is block shots and transition once your opponent drains his stamina or throws 1 punch every few mins while the ref never stands you up.

Kinda bull**** if you ask me, but whatever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2017, 01:36 AM   #2
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Re: Ground and Pound in UFC 3 is worthless.

How many fights actually end in GNP as quick as they still do in this game WITHOUT damage already being dealt? GNP is generally a grind. The game still has GNP ending fights too quickly, but it's better than UFC 2.
Old 12-02-2017, 01:47 AM   #3
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Also mixed in is the fighter on the bottom of Full mount being able to Arm Trap, Hip Bump and eat shots over and over without the ref stopping the fight or breaking the block.

You can literally stay a whole round in full mount doing nothing but throwing 1 punch every few mins while i hold the block button just waiting for him to drain stamina or they get bored and try a sub.

Oh i forgot they also nerfed freaking takedowns so much, and the clinch is so damn easy to deny now since inputs sometimes don’t respond while your opponent throws crazy combos.

Last edited by Bigg Cee; 12-02-2017 at 01:50 AM.
Old 12-02-2017, 01:48 AM   #4
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
How many fights actually end in GNP as quick as they still do in this game WITHOUT damage already being dealt? GNP is generally a grind. The game still has GNP ending fights too quickly, but it's better than UFC 2.
It happens in real life if opponent isn't defending properly.
Old 12-02-2017, 01:53 AM   #5
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Lol. Yeah, gnp might be a bit soft.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2017, 01:56 AM   #6
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
It happens in real life if opponent isn't defending properly.
Sure it happens, not often anymore, but it happens. But in most cases, it's a TKO after taking over dozens of shots and most of those times, it's simply because the guy can't get out of position (excluding the instances were they were hurt by standing strikes before going to the ground). There really aren't a lot of pure GNP finishes in the UFC. It's a grind, it's ugly and it is usually time consuming to actually end the fight from nothing but GNP. It doesn't need to be buffed at all.

I want it faster for the most part, but it doesn't need less hits to end a fight.
Old 12-02-2017, 02:03 AM   #7
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

That video is not even that bad. If your opponent is a noob and tries to transition and not wait then yes it’s easy, but smart players know you can’t do any real damage and just wait or hip bump or arm trap (which is still so easy to get)

Xbox has a lot of grapplers and this is were i’m seeinn the issue pop up. I’ve faced a few good xbox players that i had in full mount and they had me in full mount and it was a long boring waiting game with no ref stand ups or a ref stopping the fight because you been holding your block for pretty much the whole round.

Ughhhhh... Ground and Pound in UFC 2 was pretty damn good and i remember everyone agreeing on it when that game was out.

UFC 3 Ground and Pound sucks!!!!

Last edited by Bigg Cee; 12-02-2017 at 02:05 AM.
Old 12-02-2017, 02:08 AM   #8
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
Sure it happens, not often anymore, but it happens. But in most cases, it's a TKO after taking over dozens of shots and most of those times, it's simply because the guy can't get out of position (excluding the instances were they were hurt by standing strikes before going to the ground). There really aren't a lot of pure GNP finishes in the UFC. It's a grind, it's ugly and it is usually time consuming to actually end the fight from nothing but GNP. It doesn't need to be buffed at all.

I want it faster for the most part, but it doesn't need less hits to end a fight.
In real life if a fighter doesn't block there face they are gonna get destroyed. I think body shots on the ground is too strong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »